Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Ghost Machine

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

My LCS ordered a lot of these Ghost Machine one-shots. Geiger is the only character I knew, presumably the others all came when the idea of this shared universe took hold?
    At any rate I flipped through it and it looked interesting but I passed. Week after week after week they had this book in their Spotlight area. At least two months. Having been in the comic book game awhile and with this store a thought occurred to me - - could these be $1 books soon?

Que up FREE COMIC BOOK DAY
    The owner gave Ghost Machine away for free!
    Ghost-Machine_One-Shot-Cover-A.jpg

Geigers story felt familiar. Were the largest parts just reworked for this story here? I think I sold my tpb cause this character felt one and done, like the creator just didn't want to do more. Oh, well.
    Red Coat comes off as a riff on Gilad/The Eternal Warrior with his own cast of Immortals(like the Anni-Padda brothers). Vandal Savage is also an immortal but that's where it ends I feel.
    Junkyard Joe seems fun, may have some Terminator influence in the design. There was an early Bloodshot variant who was in Vietnam also, picked up on that as BS is a killer like Joe.
    Rook is the one that felt the most fresh to me. I couldn't put a finger on it feeling like something else either. The Warden designs gave off a very 80s saturday morning vibe(which for me is a cool vibe). I find it interesting(foreshadowing?) that Dire Wolf is shown and not Rook on the cover.
    The Rocketfellers does not seem up my alley. It is one part Fantastic Four and something I can't put my finger on.
    Hornsby and Halo is a pass. It seems very Hawk&Dove mixed with Angel and the Ape elements
    Hyde Street was probably the third one I might consider given funds were not an issue.

I'm a fan of other Universes(Ultraverse, Red Circle, Valiant, Comics Greatest World e.g.) to play and have dabbled many times, before I had two kids and other expenses. I'll keep my radar up and perhaps find some trades at a good price in the years ahead. I'll read all the spoilers anyone puts out till then.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    My LCS ordered a lot of these Ghost Machine one-shots. Geiger is the only character I knew, presumably the others all came when the idea of this shared universe took hold?
    At any rate I flipped through it and it looked interesting but I passed. Week after week after week they had this book in their Spotlight area. At least two months. Having been in the comic book game awhile and with this store a thought occurred to me - - could these be $1 books soon?

Que up FREE COMIC BOOK DAY
    The owner gave Ghost Machine away for free!
    Ghost-Machine_One-Shot-Cover-A.jpg

Geigers story felt familiar. Were the largest parts just reworked for this story here? I think I sold my tpb cause this character felt one and done, like the creator just didn't want to do more. Oh, well.
    Red Coat comes off as a riff on Gilad/The Eternal Warrior with his own cast of Immortals(like the Anni-Padda brothers). Vandal Savage is also an immortal but that's where it ends I feel.
    Junkyard Joe seems fun, may have some Terminator influence in the design. There was an early Bloodshot variant who was in Vietnam also, picked up on that as BS is a killer like Joe.
    Rook is the one that felt the most fresh to me. I couldn't put a finger on it feeling like something else either. The Warden designs gave off a very 80s saturday morning vibe(which for me is a cool vibe). I find it interesting(foreshadowing?) that Dire Wolf is shown and not Rook on the cover.
    The Rocketfellers does not seem up my alley. It is one part Fantastic Four and something I can't put my finger on.
    Hornsby and Halo is a pass. It seems very Hawk&Dove mixed with Angel and the Ape elements
    Hyde Street was probably the third one I might consider given funds were not an issue.

I'm a fan of other Universes(Ultraverse, Red Circle, Valiant, Comics Greatest World e.g.) to play and have dabbled many times, before I had two kids and other expenses. I'll keep my radar up and perhaps find some trades at a good price in the years ahead. I'll read all the spoilers anyone puts out till then.
    Geiger did feel like a one and done but i think Redcoat might explore how the nuclear apocalypse happened.

The horror books didnt appeal to me either. They needed their own oneshot.

Any new details on first ghost? The brad metzer title? I though First Ghost was connected to Geiger and Redcoat. All three titles would explore the Unnamed Universe. So we might get more incite into how the nuclear apocalypse happened and more of the freemasons who gave Simon his abilities.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-11-2024 at 08:07 AM.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/plea...2024-solicits/

August 2024 solicits for Geiger, Rook Exodus and Redcoat.

Amazing Member

I thought the second issue of Redcoat was a big step up in story And art. I loved the scenes with B. A.. The It's been awhile since I remember someone writing an accent like Johns did for Albert. Reminded me a little of old Claremont X-Men.

It kind of feels like the title Johns is experimenting with. The lettering in the first issue and the accent in the second. Either way I enjoyed issue two more than 1, so it's going in a good direction. I think I liked this a bit more than Geiger 2, so another recommend from me.