Page 79 of 154 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 2297
    Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJ.j1n0u View Post
    Duggan made a point of demonstrating Scott's terrible conditions so that he can't escape, then Scott appears at his trial, and later tells Dr. Gregor that he could have escaped at any time. There is no context just details without any connection between issues.
    Why the hell didn't he escape?
    Also good to have you back bro

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

The issue with Jott currently is that Scott and Jean haven't really had major run that has them working together and putting their interactions front and center.

Scemma had a lot of that to my knowledge, lotta of great moments Scott and Emma interacting whether romantically or in serious moments as they support and challenge each other, which is why the relationship is so popular.

Jean and Scott are currently together and stable, but they haven't gotten too many great couple moments like that recently.

Scott was put on trial in Paris, Dr. Gregor prevented him from being executed, he had sex with his dead wife and is leading the fight against Nimrod.

His broken back and eyes condition never had an explanation for how he recovered, we must assume that Orchis healed his injuries, another convenient oversight by Duggan.
    Thank you.

So the X-men had at very least two chances to rescue him, but they let him be tortured (while they rescue other guys as Cain Marko) and he got away just because Gregor (Alia Gregor?) helped him. That's kind of sad, I always said that Scott has no friends among the X-men just coworkers.

Well nice to see that he is free now.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    The issue with Jott currently is that Scott and Jean haven't really had major run that has them working together and putting their interactions front and center.

Scemma had a lot of that to my knowledge, lotta of great moments Scott and Emma interacting whether romantically or in serious moments as they support and challenge each other, which is why the relationship is so popular.

Jean and Scott are currently together and stable, but they haven't gotten too many great couple moments like that recently.
    The main issue is and will always be Wolverine, unless Jean gets over him they can never work as a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Johns wrote one the best Wally runs of all time though. His GL run is also one the best superhero comic books ever written.
    Plus he fixed Superman's mythos after John Byrne destroyed it by bringing back the pre-Zero Hour Legion of Super-Heroes, the real Brainiac etc.
    I always associate Waid with Wally, and Johns with returning the guy he grew up with into the costume no matter what. Which isn't to say I think he isn't capable of writing something good - as I said I loved his JSA run, and retconing them out of existence for the Nu52 is one of the reasons I was unable to have any good feelings about it. Shuffling them to some alternate Earth is essentially the same as retconing them away. People think there is only one "real" universe for the stories despite all of them being imaginary, and writers are often less interested in things outside of main continuity.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Why the hell didn't he escape?
    Also good to have you back bro
    Finding a way to enter Sentinel City, Dr. Gregor fulfilled that function, establishing a kind of empathy with her since both had lost their romantic partners in battle. Thanks man, it's still good to see that you're active on the forum, NearlyEnough is here, he does a better job than me when it comes to talking about Cyclops and putting Scott's haters in their place.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    That's kind of sad, I always said that Scott has no friends among the X-men just coworkers.
    He's still got Magik. One of the reasons I'm so excited about Jed Mackay's X-men is that we'll be seeing more of these two together

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    The main issue is and will always be Wolverine, unless Jean gets over him they can never work as a couple.
    Couldn't agree more

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I always associate Waid with Wally, and Johns with returning the guy he grew up with into the costume no matter what. Which isn't to say I think he isn't capable of writing something good - as I said I loved his JSA run, and retconing them out of existence for the Nu52 is one of the reasons I was unable to have any good feelings about it. Shuffling them to some alternate Earth is essentially the same as retconing them away. People think there is only one "real" universe for the stories despite all of them being imaginary, and writers are often less interested in things outside of main continuity.
    Geoff Johns is the architect of modern DC comics. Have read most of his books except for the JSA. My favorite superhero teams are Legion of Super-Heroes and the X-Men and he did save the former, however short lived that was

Finding a way to enter Sentinel City, Dr. Gregor fulfilled that function, establishing a kind of empathy with her since both had lost their romantic partners in battle. Thanks man, it's still good to see that you're active on the forum, NearlyEnough is here, he does a better job than me when it comes to talking about Cyclops and putting Scott's haters in their place.
    Dr, Gregor deserved a much better ending... but I liked it when Duggan acknowledged the fact she and Scott were so similar

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    Thank you.

So the X-men had at very least two chances to rescue him, but they let him be tortured (while they rescue other guys as Cain Marko) and he got away just because Gregor (Alia Gregor?) helped him. That's kind of sad, I always said that Scott has no friends among the X-men just coworkers.

Well nice to see that he is free now.
    Scott said it was to give his teammates time to save Krakoa, it's all part of the plan, the problem is, what is the plan? Duggan writes one situation, Gillen another and the plan changes from one issue to the next, kill Moira, revive the Phoenix, ally with Nimrod. Now the brilliant plan is kill Xavier.

Kitty and Logan in 2012: How dare Scott kill Xavier while he's possessed by a malevolent cosmic entity!
    Kitty and Logan in 2024: We gonna kill Charles while being mentally stable.

Kitty and Logan in 2012: How dare Scott kill Xavier while he's possessed by a malevolent cosmic entity!
    Kitty and Logan in 2024: We gonna kill Charles while being mentally stable.
    They dont know Xavier's mental state as neither has had any interaction with him till before the HFG

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They dont know Xavier's mental state as neither has had any interaction with him till before the HFG
    I meant that at least Cyclops had the excuse of not being himself when he killed Charles. Logan and Kate want to muder him and neither of them is possessed or corrupted.

What I'm really trying to say is that Cyclops gets a lot of backlash for doing things that others have done or are doing without getting the same amount of hate
    Last edited by Darth_Caedus; 05-04-2024 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

The only time I liked Scemma was in Whedon's AXM, other than that it felt kinda forced and platonic to me. Fraction's Emma was just there to ride Cyke's dick. Jogan has the same problem, it only serves Logan. Jott is the only one that feels like a true functional couple.
    Really wish someone other than Duggan was given the chance to write Scott and Jean as a couple. Preferably Simonson or even Gillen.