Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There have got to be better descriptions...
    Honestly, if those descriptions are revealed to be just how Damian perceives his brothers and he grows out of that mindset as the story advances and he spends time with them, it will be fine, maybe even great. But I'm not familiar with Juni's work to know if he can pull it off.

Extraordinary Member

There have got to be better descriptions...
    How old is Damian at this point, this would likely be his true description during Batman inc period.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    How old is Damian at this point, this would likely be his true description during Batman inc period.
    No it wouldn't be true to Damian's perception of them at the time.

I feel those descriptors are too simplistic and doesn't capture the complex dynamics he shared with his brothers at the time.

This feels like WfA level of character exploration.
    I'm trying to remain optimistic but those tropey surface level descriptions have me very worried.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    No it wouldn't be true to Damian's perception of them at the time.

I feel those descriptors are too simplistic and doesn't capture the complex dynamics he shared with his brothers at the time.

This feels like WfA level of character exploration.
    I'm trying to remain optimistic but those tropey surface level descriptions have me very worried.
    Again at what time? Damian and Tim and Jason were not brothers from the start? It got better but it wasn’t always good between them all. I hope for above all else consistency. Also you can’t blame WFA adventurers for that. This has been dc thing for nearly a decade .

IMG_8607.jpg

Let's not bring Eternal into this .

Extraordinary Member

Let's not bring Eternal into this .
    That was ten years ago, DC been doing the ninja turtle thing for a decade. It’s not WFA fault

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Hey, at least in Eternal Jason wasn't just the screw-up of the group
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 05-04-2024 at 05:19 PM.

Again at what time? Damian and Tim and Jason were not brothers from the start? It got better but it wasn’t always good between them all. I hope for above all else consistency. Also you can’t blame WFA adventurers for that. This has been dc thing for nearly a decade .

IMG_8607.jpg
    Ues DC has been doing years and those tropes have been around long before WFA which is where they get those from.

Just because DC has been doing it or because Cass is shown here doing it doesn't mean that that's how Damian felt or how he would describe them.

Damian certainly wouldn't describe Tim as Cunning, clever or whatever around Batman Inc era since he'd easily outsmarted him. Similarly that period was the closest we've ever come to seeing Damian have any sort of positive interaction with Jason.

Heck even if it was around the Time of BRe [which I guess can't be canon because again ...... that guy calling himself Tim is a whole ass different person]
    This is how he thought of them....

The descriptions in the preview are just the way casuals and fans who are reading the comics might describe the Robins. That's not how participants in the stories would describe them.

That's not the view Damian had of them. That never been the way Damian saw them. Why would he when that doesn't line up with his impression before meeting them, once he met them/got to know them and it's not the impression he'd walk away with based on the events that played out up till then.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I'd say he is 14 or 15
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/ezoimgfmt/i0....er-1-6-min.jpg

Of course Jason is "Brash and Rageful"
    LOL! What else is new... ?
    Last edited by K7P5V; 05-05-2024 at 03:12 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    They tried in the new 52 and it didn't really work cuz they are too complex to be labelled as one defining traits.
    Exactly.

All the Robins display those traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I just now realized Tim's design here is merging his Red Robin look with the cape wings from the New 52.
    I dunno if this is an unpopular opinion or not, but I really liked the wings. They reminded me of Marvel’s Falcon. Unfortunately DC listened to the creepy side of Tim’s fan base and inserted the “Vegas showgirl” insult.

I just wish more artists remembered that they were retractable. lol

I’m interested in seeing if the wings are really part of the outfit.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

The original Red Robin suit was the best.
    Exactly.

All the Robins display those traits.
    Same with the legit Turtles, to be honest.

Mighty Member

The original Red Robin suit was the best.

Same with the legit Turtles, to be honest.
    When with the Turtles?

Extraordinary Member

Ues DC has been doing years and those tropes have been around long before WFA which is where they get those from.

Just because DC has been doing it or because Cass is shown here doing it doesn't mean that that's how Damian felt or how he would describe them.

Damian certainly wouldn't describe Tim as Cunning, clever or whatever around Batman Inc era since he'd easily outsmarted him. Similarly that period was the closest we've ever come to seeing Damian have any sort of positive interaction with Jason.

Heck even if it was around the Time of BRe [which I guess can't be canon because again ...... that guy calling himself Tim is a whole ass different person]
    This is how he thought of them....

The descriptions in the preview are just the way casuals and fans who are reading the comics might describe the Robins. That's not how participants in the stories would describe them.

That's not the view Damian had of them. That never been the way Damian saw them. Why would he when that doesn't line up with his impression before meeting them, once he met them/got to know them and it's not the impression he'd walk away with based on the events that played out up till then.
    I don’t think Damian relationship has actually been consistent with them now that I look at some older things
    But that’s what this books gonna do so.