Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    this is what i want to know about… are a lot of ppls opinions online based on their favs not getting the showing they wanted
    Yes. All the people I've seen hating the show are just weird stans who are mad their favorite was either mistreated (in their opinion) or not used enough (or at all). Only liking one character sounds like a rough way to live.

Its funny how writers can without skipping a beat write Magneto being in love with someone he mentored like Rogue but then those same writers will without fail criticize Charles for lusting after Jean. These characters are the same age just apparently morally held to different standard

I do find it hilarious how stupid scenes like this play out when Magnus has had 2 whole wives and 3 kids but somehow Rogue is the clearest picture in his mind and not a silhouette.

Oh and evil Magneto has been mind wiped away so he won't have to deal with the consequences of killing so many with his EMP(apparently no one died it was a miracle according to demayo)

I could go on and on about this shows use of Magneto

this is what i want to know about… are a lot of ppls opinions online based on their favs not getting the showing they wanted
    Nah. Cable got a fine showing. Wolverine getting sidelined didn’t bother me so much that I was sour on the show, though I’ll admit some disappointment that we got the one big moment from Fatal Attractions (adamantium being removed) without the other (bone claws reveal). But even had I gotten that, I’d have still felt that this finale was a big ‘ol sloppy mess of a story. They got too ambitious and couldn’t stick the landing. That’s about the size of it. It was so messy that I’m trying to remember what even happened to Bastion right now… before they inexplicably were ripped through time at the end. Was he dead? Can’t recall, but don’t even care enough to rewatch.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Wolverine is my favorite and I would watch this show even if he was written out for a season because there are other characters I like also. The problem being is my other favorites were also short changed or written in a way I wasn't a fan of. Like a previous poster said, this show is repeating the mistakes of past X-Men related content, except no one can blame it on Wolverine this time.

Of course if influences it. As with Gambit fans it’s hard to ignore that he died halfway into the season. But as with many others it’s not that we only like one character and hate the others. It’s the X-men after all. In my case:
    Gambit died in episode 5. Didn’t do much before it.
    Rogue tied down with inconsistency. She was all over the place.
    Bishop left after episode 3. Didn’t do much before it.
    Beast. He had a short Trish Tilby plot. I like Trish, but it was short and still we don’t know if Trish volunteered for the prime process, as others did.
    Jubilee. To much spent with Roberto. Still Jubilee had some focus at least.
    Wolverine. Hardly there.
    Storm. Lifedeath was a dud. Which is a shame.

So of course it influences but it’s far from the whole story.

Magneto is one of my faves and I don't like it when movies and tv shows try to sell Magneto the terrosist as Magneto the revolutionary and vice versa. I think this show is a little guilty of that. Though tbf Magneto can be both at the same time.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

7B645DDE-75BF-4713-B1F6-ACE423C290BD.jpg

C’mon black leather crop top!

Oops this is me to an extent. I loved the show overall but for me Storm's big return was a huge dud. She didn't even get to whack Bastion she was pretty much just there until she and the other x-men slowed asteroid m's fall for daddy Mags to show off.
    Jean's big moment also was very deus ex machina.
    I know there's been hints in the intro and some dialogue but it still feels like she pulled the phoenix out of her ass.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post

black leather raincoat over bare torso

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im pretty sure he has multiple shields
    He doesn't, it's famously unique. Iron Man probably had to go retrieve it for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Kinda upset they didnt add Suspot to the intro credits. Considering Storm got an updated shot with her new costume, I was also hoping the rest would
    Roberto only took his codename in this episode, I'd expect his roll call shot to debut in season 2 episode 1.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

the show is gonna be picked apart to hell very soon. we’re never satisfied
    Yeeeeah.

I swear to God, man, the only franchise with a worst fandom than ours are the Yankees. This show was a triumph. A love letter to the days of Saturday morning cartoons and the era of Chris Claremont. Solid, mature writing, beautiful animation, stirring performances, a real testament to the timeless appeal of the X-men. Which is a shame because they also got it all. WROOOONG and didn't understanding ANYTHING and focused on the WRONG characters and it was so rushed and IMPERFECT and IT ALL WENT DOWNHILL. Just downhill.

Bleh.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post

They're going to bring Gambit back making puns about "little Deaths" aren't they?

With Bastion getting not only his Second Coming look, but X-Men: Blue one as well, seems rather possible that Sinister will return as Gillenister

Spectacular Member Galen Nycroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    You think there was no social messaging in season 1? Maybe try rewatching it with the volume on?
    Not saying there wasn't, but it was expertly embedded and didn't overtake the actual content, which is supposed to be focused on the X-Men, mutants, their struggles AS MUTANTS, etc. I believe Beau DeMayo was responsible for keeping things on track in that respect, much like Jonathan Hickman kept the Krakoan era on track.

Once Hickman left, the hacks that were left decided to cram stuff into the X-Men brand that really didn't enhance it, but kind of hurt the entire comics brand and drove away many fans...thus while the X-Men comics are being rebooted now.

I fear the same thing will happen to this series without DeMayo to keep things on track. I have heard interviews with a lot of the writers and producers, and while they may be fans of the X-Men brand, I don't think many of them were as into the comics and the lore as DeMayo was. With Disney in charge and no "Sheriff" watching the town, those left in that writers room will see it as an opportunity to start putting their social and politcal agendas over the character history, canon, and storytelling.

It will become just another failed Disney Plus project, like so many other ones that befell the same fate.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    black leather raincoat over bare torso
    Okay but honestly? That would be a fantastic Death outfit for him