Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

alrighty
    Last edited by berserkerclaw; 05-19-2024 at 10:40 PM.
    X-Men Forever

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Sorry clicked.to many buttons
    X-Men Forever

Jubilee has the most New Orleans ready ensemble for the upcoming UNCANNY X-MEN by Marquez. The yellow jacket might be hard to incorporate unless the go with it as a straight rain slicker.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    Jubilee’s image, along with Sunspot and Cable, was shown as AWOL near the end of the final episode. After the team defeated Bastion and saved the world… those three were left in present time, whereas the others were split into different timelines. Is anyone worried that this means Jubilee (and Sunspot and Cable…) will be completely absent from the next season? Or do you think they will be shown at least a bit doing their own heroics/adventures?
    I think what we’ll see is a couple of different plot lines that follow all the core characters separately until sometime later in the season when they inevitably merge together again. After the attention and development they’ve given her this season it’s not likely they’ll just ignore her next season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    Can we talk about how great Jubilee was handled in the first season of ‘97?!!! I for one was blown away with the amount of screen-time she had. After decades of being let down from her scenes being deleted in basically every movie… this was such a refreshing surprise.
    Just gonna stop you right there . . . and agree with everything you said.

They do so well with her in this!

Think she will ever learn to fly though?

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    If they do X-Force without forming new mutants first its a mistake. But if they do dont have NM or GenX. We have Sunspot and Cannonball in universe. Also Boom Boom. Domino And feral and Rictor.We just need Shatterstar
    Warpath Siryn.
    I would love for them to do New Mutants but it's seeming very unlikely they bother. I don't even know if Moira adopted Rahne in this incarnation but she can't now since she's dead.(unless they do Moira X or something) Many New Mutants and X-Force characters are in the show already, like you mention, so they may just skip right to an X-Force team.
    Last edited by wlfking; 05-20-2024 at 02:53 PM.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    Think she will ever learn to fly though?
    Has comics Jubes flown?
    Seems like it would be akin to those times Dazzler flew by shooting her light beneath her.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Has comics Jubes flown?
    Seems like it would be akin to those times Dazzler flew by shooting her light beneath her.
    Two "not-quite but not-exactly-not" moments.

The recent run of Excalibur after Satyrnine's forces hurt Shogo, she leaped off his back while up in the air. While Excalibur got him to the ground, she was still high up in the air when she let loose on Satyrnine's folks. The only logical reason was that she had to be hovering.

I take this with a grain of salt because the next issue of Excalibur started off with the rest of the team storming in to rescue both her AND Shogo, which was a gross continuity error from the previous issue! (The rest of the team had ended the previous issue WITH Shogo.) Tini Howard and Jordan White should have been raked over the coals for that...

The other "not-quite but not-exactly-not" was the aforementioned scene from X-Terminators just before she nukes the ship. Even if you argue the artificial gravity was out, she was controlling her movements pretty well.

Given the nature of Jubilee's powers, I don't think she really has to propel plasmoids beneath her. She's destabilizing matter on the atomic level, which means she is not only creating radiation but disrupting magnetic fields. Someone like Polaris, Storm, or Magneto should be able to teach her how to fly.

Extraordinary Member

Very odd Jubilee question for you all.
    Has it ever been said where she was during the events of x-Men #1-3 (1991)?

I mean in universe. Like we see the others that aren’t on the Blue and Gold teams all throughout the story: Charles, Moira, Banshee and Forge.
    But Jubilee is never shown. Then she shows up at mansion in X-Men #4 like she’s been there the whole time since the Muir Island saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

I mean in universe. Like we see the others that aren’t on the Blue and Gold teams all throughout the story: Charles, Moira, Banshee and Forge.
    But Jubilee is never shown. Then she shows up at mansion in X-Men #4 like she’s been there the whole time since the Muir Island saga.
    Shopping for her pool side fashions, now that she moved into a place with that luxury accoutrement available on the regular... (No Prize, accepted)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Shopping for her pool side fashions, now that she moved into a place with that luxury accoutrement available on the regular... (No Prize, accepted)
    Hey you solved it with that art.
    She was at Stevie Hunter’s dance class. But then she showed Stevie she already has rhythm unlike that square Kitty Pryde.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

This is interesting. I’ve never noticed she wasn’t there. In my mind she was.
    Sounds like a concept for one of those throwback minis they’re doing. Jubilee’s solo adventure while all hell breaks loose for the rest of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    This is interesting. I’ve never noticed she wasn’t there. In my mind she was.
    Sounds like a concept for one of those throwback minis they’re doing. Jubilee’s solo adventure while all hell breaks loose for the rest of the team.
    "The Zeppo" featuring Jubilation Lee or a version of the JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMTED episode "The Greatest Story Never Told" or, in X-terms, Kitty Pryde's home alone adventure on X-Mas Eve in the mansion for "Demon" in UNCANNY X-MEN #143

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    If they do X-Force without forming new mutants first its a mistake. But if they do dont have NM or GenX. We have Sunspot and Cannonball in universe. Also Boom Boom. Domino And feral and Rictor.We just need Shatterstar
    Warpath Siryn.
    Warpath showed up during the original Genosha storyline. So now just Shatterstar and Siryn.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Very nice!
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.