Page 137 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2298
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    It would be cute if Rachel gave her mum fashion tips on how to customize the classic Phoenix costume
    No it wouldn’t

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Do you recognize the artist? Which book do you think it is?
    Sorry, I do not know.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Im gonna make a wild guess and say (Uncanny) X-men 35 (700). Its gonna feature a bunch of artists

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I love seeing Jean in her classic, iconic look again. It makes me more annoyed that they are changing it for her new series.
    I can understand that point and I am not sure why they "updated it", except for possibly 2 reasons:
    1) The artist thought their idea/look was as good/better for the update than the original;
    2) Maybe to show that Jean is not just "The Phoenix", but herself as well, as shown by not only the Phoenix costume, but parts of Jean's iconic look, like the head piece?

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

It would be cute if Rachel gave her mum fashion tips on how to customize the classic Phoenix costume
    Jean was a model and has a fashion degree from Metro College. She does not need anyone to give her advice.

The artists that give Jean updates need the fashion tips.

While im not sold on her new look yet, I fully support her getting a new look

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Jean was a model and has a fashion degree from Metro College. She does not need anyone to give her advice.

The artists that give Jean updates need the fashion tips.
    For real for real. Drop the need for head coverings and giant shoulders is a good place to start. I never understood why they keep doing that as some call back to the 90s when it’s one of her worst looks.

Call backs are nice if it’s actually good.

Mighty Member

Looks like Luciano Vecchio which would imply it’s part of Rise of Powers of X 5.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I actually dislike her powers in blue so much.

I have preferred—and adored!—her telepathy moments in X-Men 97 to be honest. Her display of telekinesis was quite underwhelming. Just VERY uninspired.

Madelyne vs. Magneto was a moment though.
    Same. There was a lot of stuff this show didn't really carry on over from the original show. One of the things I wish Beau had disregarded was Jean's powers being blue. Pink is her signature color and always should be.

I would like to see Jean exhibit molecular telekinesis.

Love Rachel but wouldn't go to her for fashion advice. Way too many spikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    While im not sold on her new look yet, I fully support her getting a new look
    Same. I'm not a huge fan of the final product but I'm glad she's getting a new look in general. The Phoenix costume is a classic and she can (and will) always come back to that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Looks like Luciano Vecchio which would imply it’s part of Rise of Powers of X 5.
    Yep. He tweeted the pic.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    No it wouldn’t
    Did Rachel ever do much with the classic look besides opt for the Dark Phoenix Red?
    I guess there's Age of X Revenant look...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Did Rachel ever do much with the classic look besides opt for the Dark Phoenix Red?
    ... which was really a clearer version of her original phoenix outfit (the outfit itself was very plain but JRJR sort of worked her phoenix effect into the costume design itself, which was pretty cool in retrospect but always looked messy.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    She wore it as green/yellow and blue/yellow (colored incorrectly at least once)

I posted this in the X-Men Forever #4 thread, but I'll add it here, too.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Hope dies with the sinister crown still on her Attachment 139597
    Great catch! That means we will definitely be seeing Hope again, although likely a more Sinister version.

Hope is DEAD!

Long live 👑Hope!

It's interesting how so much focus was given to the Faustian bargaining between 👑Sinister and Jean(As if 👑Sinister is some conjured devil bound by such things), but while Jean was looking for consent before putting the Phoenix spark into Louise, Sinister was buying for time while apparently literally pouring himself into Louise through the beverages he was serving her.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Hope isnt a Phoenix host. She IS the Phoenix. This issue revealed that she was a Phoenix fragment which explained her tie to the Force.. Her death burned her back into the flame that gave rise to the birth of this recreated Phoenix which has now fully merged with Jean. They're all one and the same. This issue completed her arc and it doesnt make sense to her to still exist as a separate being with those implications. Th best way to understand it is to look at her as a reincarnated Jean and one that has returned to her
    Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Hope has always been the Phoenix since her first appearence
    Um, wrong.

Hope was brought to life by the spark of the Phoenix which then remained inside her.

Think of it like Jesus. Jesus was the son of God but also the son of Mary.

Hope was the daughter of the Phoenix but also the daughter of Louise Spalding. That should have been clear from Jean's conversation with Louise.

Much like with Hope, a spark of the Phoenix brought Madeline Pryor to life, and remained inside her. When Maddie died it was released, but she survived as a psionic being before regaining physical form.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Yeah but Maddy
    Exactly!
    Last edited by Icefanatic; 05-21-2024 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Grr. �� these were crowns when I previewed
    Become an Iceman Dragonian...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    I posted this in the X-Men Forever #4 thread, but I'll add it here, too.

Great catch! That means we will definitely be seeing Hope again, although likely a more Sinister version.

Hope is DEAD!

Long live ��Hope!

It's interesting how so much focus was given to the Faustian bargaining between ��Sinister and Jean(As if ��Sinister is some conjured devil bound by such things), but while Jean was looking for consent before putting the Phoenix spark into Louise, Sinister was buying for time while apparently literally pouring himself into Louise through the beverages he was serving her.

Um, wrong.

Hope was brought to life by the spark of the Phoenix which then remained inside her.

Think of it like Jesus. Jesus was the son of God but also the son of Mary.

Hope was the daughter of the Phoenix but also the daughter of Louise Spalding. That should have been clear from Jean's conversation with Louise.

Much like with Hope, a spark of the Phoenix brought Madeline Pryor to life, and remained inside her. When Maddie died it was released, but she survived as a psionic being before regaining physical form.

Exactly!
    Fyi, Gillen commented that the crown was left over by the artist and it was a mistake that they forgot to remove.