Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    ....What retcon?

The writing is weak, but not due to wokeness.
    The Timeless Child (or was it Children) turning the Doctor into the chosen one from the start.

Once again, the Doctor literally as a child regenerated into every possible ethnic and gender during the Timeless Child retcon. If you don't think that was done to score woke points you are naive.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    The Timeless Child (or was it Children) turning the Doctor into the chosen one from the start.

Once again, the Doctor literally as a child regenerated into every possible ethnic and gender during the Timeless Child retcon. If you don't think that was done to score woke points you are naive.
    Is that really such a problem? This seems like typical Whovian fretting over minor stuff. He can come back from the dead but this is too far?

Is that really such a problem? This seems like typical Whovian fretting over minor stuff. He can come back from the dead but this is too far?
    The first part yes (spitting on 50 plus years of history with a massive ill-advised retcon) the second part, not to me. The only reason I mentioned it is because you said "wokeness" was not involved.

Edit - Now, I really must leave. Chat with you later.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    The first part yes (spitting on 50 plus years of history with a massive ill-advised retcon) the second part not to me. The only reason I mentioned it is because you said "wokeness" was not involved.
    I guess some people complained about it but for me the racial aspect didn't mean anything. It seems nitpicky

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Well yeah. There was no need to change the Time Lord origin. It was already established that Time Lords can regenerate into any appearance they wanted considering the Master once had a female avatar body.
    "Cable was right!"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Well yeah. There was no need to change the Time Lord origin. It was already established that Time Lords can regenerate into any appearance they wanted considering the Master once had a female avatar body.
    I meant the racial aspect. I can see the other parts of the retcon being problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Then maybe it wasn't done just for that purpose...it could just be part of the storyline the writer's wanted to tell and not for some "wokeness points"?

Disliking the change because you think it unnecessary is different than disliking it because you think it's being "woke." I'm using "you" in the general sense, btw.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Then maybe it wasn't done just for that purpose...it could just be part of the storyline the writer's wanted to tell and not for some "wokeness points"?

Disliking the change because you think it unnecessary is different than disliking it because you think it's being "woke." I'm using "you" in the general sense, btw.
    This is what I'm talking about. Wokeness isn't some bogeyman threatening to kill our favorite sci fi