12 35.29%
  • No

18 52.94%
  • Don't know / no opinion

4 11.76%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Superman-Martian Manhunter teamup

Would you like to see Action Comics become a team-up title starring Superman and the Martian Manhunter?

Just the two of them? Every issue? I'm not sure how long that would be sustainable. I'd follow it for the first arc at least though.

BANNED

Hell no.he is not the green Superman to me,and he is either OP or a after thought around SUPER characters(like under Morrison's run and the Supergirl tv show).

Jonn is a JL character he belongs on the team,where he can contribute strategy and maturity.his powers shouldn't be anything like Supermans.jonns is about being one with his ppl and his world,that's why he is a telepath and a shapeshifter while kryptonians are all about power,which is why superman is like a tank or a nuke.

Quote Originally Posted by The Odd Man View Post
    Just the two of them? Every issue? I'm not sure how long that would be sustainable. I'd follow it for the first arc at least though.
    'Nuff Said.

A mini-series where the two team up would be one thing.
    A regular, continuous title where those two always team up sounds . . . pointless.
    J'onn doesn't need a title where he's constantly compared to Kal-El. (Just like a regular, continuous Superman-and-original Captain Marvel/"Shazam" series wouldn't be all that interesting after awhile.)
    Regular Superman-and-Batman series have worked in the past because the contrasts between the two can complement each one's own abilities/specialties.

BANNED

Nope. Love J'onn (Much more than Superman himself) and I'd happily read this as a mini, but I still favor Action Comics becoming the Super Family team book.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    A mini-series where the two team up would be one thing.
    A regular, continuous title where those two always team up sounds . . . pointless.
    J'onn doesn't need a title where he's constantly compared to Kal-El. (Just like a regular, continuous Superman-and-original Captain Marvel/"Shazam" series wouldn't be all that interesting after awhile.)
    Regular Superman-and-Batman series have worked in the past because the contrasts between the two can complement each one's own abilities/specialties.
    Pretty much this. The team-up of J'Onn and Kal would be great to show their similarities and differences, but not on an ongoing basis.

This idea is very similar to the OP's idea for Batman and Green Arrow which gets the same response from me. Great as the characters are similar and need something to differentiate them, but permanently, nope.

Maybe a 6 or 8 issue DC Comics Presents and a Brave and the Bold for these ideas.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

I'm all for more Jonn Jonnz, but I don't believe that Superman is the best pick for a team up book.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    I'm all for more Jonn Jonnz, but I don't believe that Superman is the best pick for a team up book.
    I'm not sure if there's market for a Superman team-up book with just Martian Manhunter...even though I would definitely pick it up .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not sure if there's market for a Superman team-up book with just Martian Manhunter...even though I would definitely pick it up .
    I'm asking because I'm wondering whether the MM has the appeal to make this doable. If not, then there might not be a way to get him into an ongoing besides the JLA.

BANNED

I would prefer MM and Batman. The contrast between the two could work like Batman and Superman.
    And since both of them have a background as detectives they could work together on cases like that.

BANNED

maybe we can have a title like the martian manhunter and the outsiders where red tornado manhunter de Paul Talia deadman black lightning and blockbuster could team up with MM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    I'm asking because I'm wondering whether the MM has the appeal to make this doable. If not, then there might not be a way to get him into an ongoing besides the JLA.
    I don't know if it's just that Martian Manhunter doesn't have enough appeal to make this doable. As some of us have pointed out, Superman is also a part of the problem with this combination.
    Maybe a Martian Manhunter and Batwoman team-up title would generate more interest?

BANNED

Maybe a Martian Manhunter and Batwoman team-up title would generate more interest?
    No thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    No thank you.
    I only suggested her because many may feel Batman is over-exposed.