Default Stan Lee’s Blood Was Stolen And Used To Sign Marvel Comic Issues Sold In Vegas

In the wake of the Daily Beast’s reporting that Lee’s finances have allegedly been drained (in part) by ongoing disputes with a former business partner associated with Hands of Respect, a for-profit charitable organization that both Lee and his daughter JC were formerly involved with, this week celebrity news site TMZ reported that this former business associate allegedly forged medical documents last October to instruct Lee’s personal nurse to drain several vials of blood from Lee.

Originally, TMZ reported that people close to Lee were concerned the blood itself was going to be sold off in the form of actual pens, containing it as an ink substitute, but an updated claim today from the site alleges that the blood has instead been used to stamp Lee’s signature onto several recent Marvel Comics—The Mighty Thor #700, and a variant cover of Rise of the Black Panther #1. [Full disclosure: Rise of the Black Panther writer Evan Narcisse is also a senior writer here at io9 and Gizmodo.]

According to TMZ, the comics are being sold at the Las Vegas Marvel Avengers S.T.A.T.I.O.N., an officially licensed exhibition and retail store based on Disney and Marvel Studios’ Avengers movies currently operating at Treasure Island Las Vegas. The site obtained a certificate of authenticity included with one of the stamped comics—retailing for up to $500—claiming that the signature on the book has been “hand-stamped with Stan Lee’s Solvent DNA Ink.” One of the many curious things about certificate is that it ties the comics and Lee’s purportedly stolen blood back to Hands of Respect, whose logo is printed at the bottom of the document.
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/report-stan-...ign-1825022655

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

It seems pretty clear those Hands Of Respect people are scamming him. Good grief; all the news and press around the man lately have been terrible.

what in the world
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member

Well this is awful, seriously.

This is disturbing, but distressingly believable.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Hands of Respect... I can't even.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Very bad things are happening instead of letting Stan Lee retire in peace and enjoy whatever time he has left everyone's leaching off him every step of the way. This is the man along with his partner Jack Kirby who created Marvel and this is how they treat him?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

This is right out of a horror movie. Can't they give the man a break?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

This is beyond the pale. I hope the police are involved and arrests are forthcoming.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Absolutely disgusting to leech off an elderly person like this or any manner, I hope whatever contract or power this organization has on Lee is swiftly terminated and that they face consequences for this.

Is this true? I had read something about in april's fool,so I thought it could be a joke and not real. There is confirmation on this or is just something someone believe it was real?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin