Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    RogueTrooper

Hi all. If you get a chance to, could you take a look at my Rogue Trooper short film. Its based on the Remembrance Day story line and was made for an effects based competition. if you could give it a vote, that would be great. Thanks in advance. Chris.

http://www.mastersofcg.com/entries/r...ay-addendum-70

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
    Favourite covers, people?
    Hard to pick from so many great covers over the years (and a few naff ones). If there's one cover I had to pick over all others, then I'd go with this one, simply because it really sums up just how many great characters have appeared in 2000AD over the years

Here's what the full image looks like, minus the text, and including what would have been the back cover

Simply gorgeous.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

That is a great cover. My only complaint is that I don't like Weston's depiction of Gene the Hackman-- makes him seem far more menacing that Elson's depiction, although I guess is that Gene is truly supposed to be menacing. (Elson gives him such a friendly dog look that belies his capability for violence.) I love that Ro-Jaws is smacking Tharg in the face-- we know who the true star is! That's a great Kano, too.

Uhm... for these of us that want to start reading 2000AD titles, what would you suggest? I've only read the original Rogue Trooper series, which I enjoyed despite that long stretched (don't know if that's the word in English) ending part. I know there were already lists for this in the old forums, so I'm not asking for descriptions or anything again. Just names; I'll check any recommendation.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Uhm... for these of us that want to start reading 2000AD titles, what would you suggest? I've only read the original Rogue Trooper series, which I enjoyed despite that long stretched (don't know if that's the word in English) ending part. I know there were already lists for this in the old forums, so I'm not asking for descriptions or anything again. Just names; I'll check any recommendation.
    It depends what kind of stuff you are into. 2000AD covers a huge range of genres, albeit all with some kind of SF or fantasy twist.
    Superheroes? Check out Zenith, which has been long out of print due to copyright issues, but which is finally getting new TPB releases later this year.
    Horror? Zombo for a somewhat humerous take, Fiends of the Eastern Front for vampires in World War II, Defoe, Stone Island or Absalom.
    Future war? Try Rogue Trooper, ABC Warriors, Bad Company or The VCs.
    Not so future war? Invasion and its sequel, Savage.
    Humour? There's DR and Quinch (two alien delinquents, by Alan Moore and Alan Davis), Ace Trucking (space truckers), Robo-Hunter or Abelard Snazz.
    Fantasy? Slaine, Red Seas, Aquilla, Stickleback.
    More general SF? Ballad of Halo Jones, Indigo Prime, Nemesis the Warlock.
    Not to mention the mainstay series Strontium Dog and Judge Dredd. And there's plenty of others.

Having run 35 years, there's obviously some weaker series too, and some of the long running good series have had patches of poor stories. But there's a heck of a lot of good stuff, and a vast percentage is available in collected editions for reasonable prices.

Just loaded up on Slaine got Warrior's Dawn, Time Killer, Slaine the King, and the horned god. I also grabbed all 3 volumes of The Complete Nemesis the Warlock, also grabbed some robo hunter. Finished getting most of the classic stuff it means next up is Bad Company and Zombo, a lot of really good books by 2000 AD.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Hard to pick from so many great covers over the years (and a few naff ones). If there's one cover I had to pick over all others, then I'd go with this one, simply because it really sums up just how many great characters have appeared in 2000AD over the years

Here's what the full image looks like, minus the text, and including what would have been the back cover

Simply gorgeous.
    I feel like a kid discovering DC & Marvel and only knowing a few and guessing and knowing nothing about the rest, but dang ! That sure looks enticing.
    Engaging discussion of comics 10 years old or older http://classiccomics.boards.net

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hondobrode View Post
    I feel like a kid discovering DC & Marvel and only knowing a few and guessing and knowing nothing about the rest, but dang ! That sure looks enticing.
    I was actually pleased that I knew almost everyone on the cover. No small feat for an American.

My new idea for a movie to be made by a very rich production company that wants to commit suicide in the most thrilltastic way possible:

2000AD - The Movie

You guys have seen Cloud Atlas, right? It'd be a film like that so but with 2000AD characters such as Judge Dredd, ABC Warriors, Strontium Dog and maybe one or two others.

Judge Dredd would follow on from Dredd, perhaps in a story based on 'America'. Either that or bring in Judge Death.

A big three hour epic reminiscent of reading Progs in one go.
    You've never seen Judge Dredd and THE LAW at the same time. Just saying.

Zenith Phase I and Phase II hardcovers can be pre-ordered from 2000 AD online store, I grabbed the Complete edition last year they did a great job with it.

All-New Member

Question Current Judge Dredd Volume?

Hey, I've been reading the new Judge Dredd monthly ongoing from IDW and I loved it.
    But can anyone help me find out that which volume the current ongoing is?
    I mean it had a numbering system that I don't really understand that much and the official site didn't mention the number of the running volume.
    But I really wanna find it out and I've tried to even google it with no luck.
    So, can I get a bit of help here?
    A more accurate source will be really really appreciated. Thank You.

The IDW series is its own thing in its own continuity. The current series has ended.

Its its own seperate volume with a few spin-offs; Year One, Psi-Judge Anderson, Mega City Two etc.

The original Dredd material is publised weekly in 2000AD and has been running non-stop since Dredd was first featured in the early issues.
    Theres also the Judge Dredd Megazine which is a monthly publication and in continuity with the 2000AD strips. That too has been continuously going since it launched.

All-New Member

Okay. Understood.
    But that actually didn't answer my question, man.
    I was asking that, which monthly ongoing series it is? I mean, is it the fourth volume? or the fifth?
    With their monthly and weekly published strips, it gets even confusing.

So, I just want to be clarified. Even if you can help me up with the issue number count of the series (Like; say, the number of the 1st issue of the current or finished IDW ongoing Judge Dredd) that would be great.
    @Dark-Flux

Thats what im saying. The IDW series either doesnt have a volume number, or could be considered as the first (and so far only) volume of Judge Dredd by IDW. Its a separate continuity from the Rebellion material so isnt a part of that volume numbering.

Its like how Amazing Spider-man is currently on volume 2. But Ultimate Spider-man exists. USM isnt counted as a volume of ASM because its a seperate series/continuity.

Think of it like this:

Judge Dredd by Rebellion
    The 2000AD Progs Vol. 1 : 1977-present
    The Judge Dredd Megazine Vol. 1 : 1990-present

Judge Dredd by IDW
    Judge Dredd Vol. 1 : 2012-2015

IDW's Judge Dredd is just all by itself. "Volume number" has no application in terms of continuity.

There have been various times "Judge Dredd" has been published by different companies, but the continuity of one company's version wouldn't necessarily mean anything to the continuity of a different company's version. Just like IDW had recently been publishing a Doctor Who comic book, but the version(s) currently published by Titan Comics don't really have anything to do with what happened in IDW's comic book stories.

It would be like trying to put in order the Batman comic book stories published by DC, but jumbling in:
    * the main comic book version
    * the comic strip episodes
    * the comic book stories based on the various animated series
    * Batman '66, which is based on the old TV show version

Same characters in that Bruce Wayne = Batman, but they don't all fit together.

If you still don't accept that, try here: http://www.comics.org/series/name/Ju...d/sort/chrono/