Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Alan Moore's 1963.
    I also wanted to see 1963 resolved. I still re-read that entire beautiful series from time to time.
    Me too. And the big finale was to be drawn by Jim Lee. But sadly, he never got around to it.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    First thing that came to my mind:
    GREEN LANTERN - Lost Army/Edge of Oblivion. For NO apparent reason, the entire GLC disappears from this universe and pops up in the universe previous to this one. Interesting premise, the GLC far from home, on the run, what's a young Krona doing there? etc... Aside from Lost Army getting the plug pulled then having the Edge of Oblivion pick up almost none of the plot points, the GLC find their way back to this universe. Okay great.... but what the hell happened in the first place???

TRINITY OF SIN - What the heck was the deal with The Question? I guess that version will have to remain an enigma wrapped in a riddle suffocated by a doomed premise...
    Guaranteed Johns, much as I love him, had no idea whatsoever who the Question was going to end up being or even how the story was going to play out before committing it to the page.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    First thing that came to my mind:
    GREEN LANTERN - Lost Army/Edge of Oblivion. For NO apparent reason, the entire GLC disappears from this universe and pops up in the universe previous to this one. Interesting premise, the GLC far from home, on the run, what's a young Krona doing there? etc... Aside from Lost Army getting the plug pulled then having the Edge of Oblivion pick up almost none of the plot points, the GLC find their way back to this universe. Okay great.... but what the hell happened in the first place???

TRINITY OF SIN - What the heck was the deal with The Question? I guess that version will have to remain an enigma wrapped in a riddle suffocated by a doomed premise...
    I have been wondering that former for years

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    First time posting in this forum, hope this is the right place for it.

Nothing more frustrating than an abandoned story arc. We all hope it'll conclude or finish up in a later issue, but sometimes story arcs or plots we've been loving just get abandoned and ignored. Typically happens as a casualty of a new creative team coming in, or victim to the publisher's need to start a new volume with a #1 issue, or just plain laziness.

Between 2008 and now, what is your pick for the worst case of an abandoned story line?
    Wonder Woman saw a great deal of sabotage from DiDio. His silliness saw the abandonment of the original Amazons Attack as well as the evolution of the Pantheon and the follow up war with Darkseid. Those get my vote.

Astonishing Member

The Gonzalez siblings just disappear in Slott’s run of Spider-Man despite Slott setting Vinny up as a disciple of Green Goblin.

Spectacular Member

Nightcrawler no longer having a soul has yet to be resolved to my satisfaction. Sure, it was mentioned in X-Men Gold, but it's pretty much been swept under the rug since.

Ginny Hex and what was in the back of her truck?
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlueElf94 View Post
    Nightcrawler no longer having a soul has yet to be resolved to my satisfaction. Sure, it was mentioned in X-Men Gold, but it's pretty much been swept under the rug since.
    I think a lot of readers just gave up on it. Or it just means that the "soul" is really not about the human idea of one and you cant really lose it as long as you are still yourself in the end. I'm not sure but maybe that.

The Wedding of Kate Kane and Maggie Sawyer that never happened in Batwoman. The first meeting between Kate Kane and Jamie Sawyer, Maggie's daughter, which did happen but was underwhelming to but it mildly and the set up that Jamie learns that Kate is Batwoman never went anywhere. All thanks to that idiot Dan DiBio.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    Between 2008 and now, what is your pick for the worst case of an abandoned story line?
    The New 52 integration of the Wildstorm Universe and the Daemonites that was leading to some sort of crossover before comic sales for New 52 took a plunge off the cliff.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    The New 52 integration of the Wildstorm Universe and the Daemonites that was leading to some sort of crossover before comic sales for New 52 took a plunge off the cliff.
    Sadly, mergers are often like that.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    I think this was wrapped up in a single Superman annual, with a vague 'you've beaten us but you haven't REALLY beaten us' at the end.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

So much from Johns' Justice League, including but not limited to..

What was the a plan for Superman & Wonder Woman's relationship?
    How was Superman/Wonder Woman a threat to the future, at least enough to erase two Booster Golds?
    Who was Brother Eye's new programmer? Didn't seem to be the Crime Syndicate ("him") and GRID didn't exist yet.
    What happened to Element Woman?
    What was the plan for Lex Luthor in the Justice League?
    What was the plan for Captain Cold in the Justice League?
    What was the plan for Lex Luthor knowing Batman's secret identity?
    What was the plan for baby Darkseid?

Some of these might have been answered, I'd completely checked out by Darkseid War, as half of John's Justice League run felt like unexplored/halted ideas or endings changed to reflect the next thing he thought of.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Incredible Member

Recent, but still annoying that Warren Ellis spent two years building out a very interesting "Wild Storm" universe/imprint -- that was updated for modern times with major tech conglomerates controlling the world -- and now we're never going to get more stories to emerge from it. Wildcats would've been awesome, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    Recent, but still annoying that Warren Ellis spent two years building out a very interesting "Wild Storm" universe/imprint -- that was updated for modern times with major tech conglomerates controlling the world -- and now we're never going to get more stories to emerge from it. Wildcats would've been awesome, imo.
    I agree with this. So much potential left on the table.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe