Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Wow...I hope the mole in Drake's team is ok..lol.

Man... look. 2024 feels more like the future than anytime ever. Society has still not ever been able to put toothpaste BACK in the tube. Thoughts and prayers.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Ultimate Member

LOL...Ann Coulter gave to him straight (starts from the 2.00) and just like that a new meme is born. I thought no one could be worse than Tim Scott but Vivek is just awful. She's just speaking the mind of many conservatives; they can never vote any non-white person. Interestingly, Ann Coulter was getting her back blown out by Dinesh D'Souza who was another dark skinned Indian (that was racist against black people, one of the weirdest things I've seen considering that brother's skin color). I guess this is a wake-up call to a lot of Indians that are trying very hard to operate in white spaces. It's a waste of time.

I still don't know why some PoC are struggling to enter these conservative white spaces? These guys don't want anyone that isn't lily white rolling with them. Vivek's wife was also told to her face that GOP voters refused to vote for him because he was "too dark".

A lot of PoC come to the US and dunk on African-Americans to gain favor from white racists and feel good about themselves (completely forgetting that a lot of them are only in the US because of the civil rights movement spearheaded by African-Americans). What they fail to realize is that if you're not white, no amount of anti-black racism and bootlicking can get them ahead.
    Last edited by Username taken; 05-10-2024 at 07:40 AM.

Ultimate Member

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...mputer-comment

The governor of New York, Kathy Hochul, has rapidly backtracked on remarks she made on Monday after she came under a blizzard of criticism for saying that Black children in the Bronx did not know the word “computer”.

Hochul had intended her appearance at the Milken Institute Global Conference in California on Monday to showcase Empire AI, the $400m consortium she is leading to create an artificial intelligence computing center in upstate New York. Instead, she dug herself into a hole with an utterance she quickly regretted.

“Right now we have, you know, young Black kids growing up in the Bronx who don’t even know what the word ‘computer’ is,” she said. For good measure, she added: “They don’t know, they don’t know these things.”

The backlash was swift and piercing. Amanda Septimo, a member of the New York state assembly representing the south Bronx, called Hochul’s remarks “harmful, deeply misinformed and genuinely appalling”. She said on X that “repeating harmful stereotypes about one of our most underserved communities only perpetuates systems of abuse”.
    Hochul's comments are right up there with some of the most racist things I've heard in my life.

Again, this is why a lot of black people are weary of both parties. There's nothing you will say that can convince people that Hochul isn't racist.

Without even exaggerating, I wouldn't even make that comment about kids in the least developed parts of the planet talk much less about New York.

LOL...Ann Coulter gave to him straight (starts from the 2.00) and just like that a new meme is born. I thought no one could be worse than Tim Scott but Vivek is just awful. She's just speaking the mind of many conservatives; they can never vote any non-white person. Interestingly, Ann Coulter was getting her back blown out by Dinesh D'Souza who was another dark skinned Indian (that was racist against black people, one of the weirdest things I've seen considering that brother's skin color). I guess this is a wake-up call to a lot of Indians that are trying very hard to operate in white spaces. It's a waste of time.

I still don't know why some PoC are struggling to enter these conservative white spaces? These guys don't want anyone that isn't lily white rolling with them. Vivek's wife was also told to her face that GOP voters refused to vote for him because he was "too dark".

A lot of PoC come to the US and dunk on African-Americans to gain favor from white racists and feel good about themselves (completely forgetting that a lot of them are only in the US because of the civil rights movement spearheaded by African-Americans). What they fail to realize is that if you're not white, no amount of anti-black racism and bootlicking can get them ahead.
    One of my professors in engineering school is an Indian immigrant, he's also a conservative, Mindy Kailing adores white men so much that every self insert she writes has to hook up with a white guy, her brother pretended to be black so that he could get into med school. It doesn't help that a lot of immigrants come over here filled to the brim with propaganda about america being the land of opportunity and just convinced that black people are lazy whiners who want handouts from the government. We don't want to work or anything like that, we just cry racism instead of pulling ourselves up by our bootstraps. While I do believe that people should take charge of their own lives, personal responsibility can only do so much to move the needle forward.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    One of my professors in engineering school is an Indian immigrant, he's also a conservative, Mindy Kailing adores white men so much that every self insert she writes has to hook up with a white guy, her brother pretended to be black so that he could get into med school. It doesn't help that a lot of immigrants come over here filled to the brim with propaganda about america being the land of opportunity and just convinced that black people are lazy whiners who want handouts from the government. We don't want to work or anything like that, we just cry racism instead of pulling ourselves up by our bootstraps. While I do believe that people should take charge of their own lives, personal responsibility can only do so much to move the needle forward.
    Yeah, a lot of Indians are conservative because of the caste system and the likes. India has a Hindu nationalist party, and they are going in hardcore on Muslims in their country (I believe India has the second largest Muslim population in the world, it's a rough situation).

Too many migrants buy into the whole "model minority" myth (which was created specifically to counter the civil rights movement).

I wonder why people simply can't (or pretend not to) understand that the immigrant experience and the African-American (i.e. descendants of slaves) are two completely different things. The only other group that really experienced the same level of marginalization were the Indigenous people of North (and South) America. Most economic migrants tend to be well-established and in some cases, quite affluent before they move to the US. They didn't experience the generational trauma, marginalization, and dehumanization that African-Americans experienced. Some migrants literally pay their kids through the best schools in the country.

The tragic irony is that a lot of these PoC conservatives can't even stand up to racism when it's slapping them in the face, like it did Vivek.

Even being “one of the good ones” has its limits huh Vivek.

Unfortunately this is common with conservative POCs. It doesn’t matter if white people wont accept them as long as they have some other group to look down on.

The caste system is still widely recognized in Indian so it’s not surprising that the far right US system of classism and racism is appealing.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Even being “one of the good ones” has its limits huh Vivek.

Unfortunately this is common with conservative POCs. It doesn’t matter if white people wont accept them as long as they have some other group to look down on.

The caste system is still widely recognized in Indian so it’s not surprising that the far right US system of classism and racism is appealing.
    Exactly.

California proposed banning it, but they eventually backed down. Most likely because the vast majority of tech CEOs are from India and are from the "upper caste".

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

If you ever actually talked to people from the upper caste in India, they see themselves so far above the rest of indians. It's gross. You should hear them talk about their maids and shit. Straight up Slaver mentality.

so they come here and just see other POC as below them as well. so, simply by this system, they should be on par to rich whites as well.

Jokes on them lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Interesting concept.

However, giving this is the "gaming community" we're talking about, you can guess what the reaction is thus far..LOLOL.

Ultimate Member

Interesting concept.

However, giving this is the "gaming community" we're talking about, you can guess what the reaction is thus far..LOLOL.
    AND black folks need to get a backbone and point out-"funny yall always got an issue when it's US. Yet when sales come out it's games with US as leads selling and that is NOT counting NBA and NFL games."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    AND black folks need to get a backbone and point out-"funny yall always got an issue when it's US. Yet when sales come out it's games with US as leads selling and that is NOT counting NBA and NFL games."
    They should also remind these folks that a few years ago, we had Nioh with a white protagonist samurai in Japan and we didn't hear a peep.

White supremacy is so ingrained and has gone unchallenged for so long in so many areas that anything that deviates from the status quo is seen as an afront. Too many of these suburban kids have been taught racism at what looks like very early ages.

When it comes to race, all I will say is that it appears what some white (and even non-white) suburban parents are teaching their kids is completely opposite to what black people teach their kids. That's all I will say about that.

EDIT: it appears that a lot of people have caught on with the double standards being shown by the regular crowd. There's hope for humanity yet.
    Last edited by Username taken; 05-15-2024 at 07:29 PM.

Invincible Member

Because it's possible to become really successful in right wing media doing little actual work. It's an easy grift and women and minorities have figured that as well. Even people who have been very successful in other more legitimate fields have jumped on that bandwagon.