Page 209 of 210 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210 LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 3140
    Incredible Member

Late Night With The Devil - "A live television broadcast in 1977 goes horribly wrong, unleashing evil into the nation's living rooms."

Pretty engaging and I wasn't bored at any time since it all takes place in one night but the scares are pretty tame if you've seen every horror movie that deals with exorcism and devil possession but it's ok to pass the time.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Saw this last night. The second half is an impressive battle scene, but the plot and characters are just weak sauce. Snyder does better with properties that already exist. His self generated stuff is not good. He is an excellent visual director with his own style. But he is not a good writer.
    I think I liked Man of Steel more than a lot of people, but he fumbled the ball with Bats v Supes and Justice League. Watchmen was entertaining even though he missed the point of the source material despite using most of the plot and a good chunk of it's dialogue. But yeah, he's got a great sense of style. Rebel Moon though feels like he was just going through the motions and the fact that he says there's an "R-rated" cut that they're planning to release just exposes the cynical cash grab nature of this project.

Incredible Member

Justice League: Crisis On Infinite Earths - Part 1 - "The Anti-Monitor, the Monitor's evil counterpart, is released into the DC Multiverse and begins to destroy the different Earths that compose it. The Monitor attempts to recruit heroes from across the Multiverse to fight back."

Based on the popular 12-issue event that shook timelines in the DC Comics universe, the first 40 minutes or so are not like the actual comic that I didn't know where it was going for at first and I thought this was going to be garbage but it's not until the latter half that it starts to resemble the comic storyline more but with a few alterations, the new type of art animation these DC animated movies need a little getting used to but you get what you paid for.

One Shot (Hulu) and One More Shot (Netfilx). Scott Adkins movie and it's sequel which are basically long, continuous shot action scenes. Scott is securing a terrorist who has important info, The first is a battle in an internment camp in Poland, the second at an airport in Washington. Both were high adrenal rides.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    One Shot (Hulu) and One More Shot (Netfilx). Scott Adkins movie and it's sequel which are basically long, continuous shot action scenes. Scott is securing a terrorist who has important info, The first is a battle in an internment camp in Poland, the second at an airport in Washington. Both were high adrenal rides.
    I only saw the second one. With Micheal Jai white. Thought it was pretty good. One of Adkins better movies.

Astonishing Member

Fresh

I am not into movies with the topic cannibalism. This one was pretty good. Daisy Edgar Jones is one of the most beautiful actresses without any make up. (only the stuff they put on faces that the light does not reflect their skin)

Equalizer 3

Quite good.

Extraordinary Member

The roast of Tom Brady. Woooooowwwwww! Nikki Glaser killed LOL!

Invincible Member

Naked Killer ( 1992 ) directed by Clarence Fok Yiu-leung and starring Chingmy Yau, Simon Yam, and Carrie Ng. Hong Kong thriller that starts out like Basic Instinct or something but quickly takes a detour into crazy town. A cop who's traumatized by the death of his brother ( who he killed by the way ), investigates the murders of men in town. He meets up with an extroverted street girl who's out for revenge for reasons of her own. Somehow she hooks with a woman that runs a secret society women who kill rapists. There's something about warring mob families, I think and a crazy lesbian assassin. Maybe it's the version I saw but the subtitles lost a lot in translation. There's a number of failed attempts at humor. The whole thing is pretty ridiculous.

Having said all that, visually it is an interesting looking film. There's nice use of color. There seems to be some Tony Scott influence and we get a few crazy John Woo inspired action scenes.

Astonishing Member

Billionares Boys Club

A true crime thriller, love that

Astonishing Member

A Bronx Tale (1993). One heckuva of directorial debut from the one and only Robert Deniro.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

Live from Bagdhad

You can argue abut the real life story, but not about Michael Keatons acting ability's.

Beatles, Let It Be. Remastered by Peter Jackson. It helped having seen Get Back. But not the depressing movie it has been said to have been. Mostly the boys working on their songs.
    And the Beatles on the roof is the stuff of Legends.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Invincible Member

The Rain People (1969) an early-ish film directed by Francis Ford Coppola. Starring Shirley Knight, James Caan and Robert Duvall. A quiet road movie about a woman who leaves her husband after learning she's pregnant and reluctantly teams up with a brain damaged former football player. Good performances by most of the actors involved. Light on plot, interesting use of what was at the time considered "artsy" editing. Worth seeing, but it ends on a pretty sad note.

Extraordinary Member

TMOUGWF. -Pretty much got what I expected from this movie. Slow in some parts, probably could've been 30/20 mins shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    TMOUGWF. -Pretty much got what I expected from this movie. Slow in some parts, probably could've been 30/20 mins shorter.
    The Man On the Under Ground Wheel Foot?