Page 778 of 779 FirstFirst ... 278678728768774775776777778779 LastLast
Results 11,656 to 11,670 of 11680

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yeah, Marvel completely dropped the ball in CW2.

Carol was wrong (with that whole pre-cog nonsense) and did some heinous things (including jailing innocent people and "killing" Tony Stark) and faced no consequences.Compare that to the aftermath of the first Civil War where Stark lost everything (literally) and Captain America ended up getting murdered.

On the movie side, writers haven't really developed Carol much. Her only flaw is that "she's too strong" and the people around her don't want her to be too strong or something. It's quite boring.
    I still remember when Bendis did a new Jessica Jones book he had the woman Carol arrested who did nothing wrong end up becoming radicalized and turned into a terrorist just to make Carol look better.
    Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I agree about the push with Carol. I don't hate her Captain Marvel, (though I enjoyed her more in her Ms. Marvel days) but at times the need to push her to the front feels very forced.

If you want a strong female character who deserves Avenger leadership and to be near the front of the line than look no further than the Wasp. I mean Janet Van Dyne of 616. Look at how she started and where she is now. Janet IMO is one of the greatest female Avenger because her evolution was natural over the course of time. She's earned it all through the good times and the bad times. You don't need to be super powerful to be a well written and engaging female character. Janet is fun, plays off well with the characters around her, and is an all around great female superhero who deserves more respect and attention than Marvel gives her.
    Especially when Hope in the MCU is so bland and just...kind of there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But those were badly written.
    That a matter of opinions, that don't changes the fact it's a reccurent part of the character.

@whitecrown, it's not just Bendis, Bad Wanda was already important in Avengers and West Coast Avengers way before, it's the main inspiration with the Darkhold etc...for MoM.

About Carol, well I find her very different since her Ms Marvels days and it's the main inspiration for the MCU, they could do a soft reboot like some others characters.

Especially when Hope in the MCU is so bland and just...kind of there.
    I really like Hope, I think the actress and the role could have worked better than Brie for the general audience, I think she have a great role, but it's maybe a little too late, it's easier for a new character or a younger version of Janet.

I think the Carol is more because her powers, that work better for a leader.
    Last edited by Bolo; 05-07-2024 at 12:19 PM.

Ultimate Member

For some ODD reason-McDonalds has started putting up Cap America 4 movie posters up in my city. I guess someone didn't tell them that the movie is not coming out until 2025.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    They're trying way to hard to make her "important"... CW2 was an egregious example of this. But the focus on her... doesn't make her look good.
    Man wtf was wrong with Bendis in CW2? Made Carol a jackass who arrested people for literal Minority Report comparisons.

Extraordinary Member

Disney+ Becomes Profitable For The First Time

Disney’s Entertainment Streaming Business Ekes Out Surprise Profit as Disney+ Core Subscribers Top 117 Million
    https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/dis...it-1235993204/

Disney’s streaming business turns a profit in first financial report since challenge to Iger
    https://apnews.com/article/disney-ig...91dd1315b6c9aa

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
    That a matter of opinions, that don't changes the fact it's a reccurent part of the character.

@whitecrown, it's not just Bendis, Bad Wanda was already important in Avengers and West Coast Avengers way before, it's the main inspiration with the Darkhold etc...for MoM.

About Carol, well I find her very different since her Ms Marvels days and it's the main inspiration for the MCU, they could do a soft reboot like some others characters.
    I think the original Cthon story set a precedent that has been repeated way too much. And even the movies made it feel a little forced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
    I really like Hope, I think the actress and the role could have worked better than Brie for the general audience, I think she have a great role, but it's maybe a little too late, it's easier for a new character or a younger version of Janet.

I think the Carol is more because her powers, that work better for a leader.
    I like Evangeline Lily but they've never really given her a lot to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Hmm... not Prof X... maybe Magneto?

THE BOYS And THE MANDALORIAN Actor Giancarlo Esposito Has Joined The MCU - But Not As Professor X
    https://comicbookmovie.com/marvel-st...0793#gs.8ugsm2
    Just saw the suggestion of retooling...KANG with a high profile recast.
    That, I would *love* but think their MCU Kang future is still tied up to Jonathan Majors litigation.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    The MCU would never put Carol in a position of weakness.

They are extremally attached to "strongest Avenger" status for her so they go out of their way to prevent Carol from being truly challenged or getting her but kicked in a significant way unlike say Hulk and Thor.

Unfortunate for Carol the MCU is extremally protective of her image and is afraid of taking risks with her.
    Not really. They literally gave that title to Wanda.

Behold GALACTUS! (the actor casting, not the FF movie visual)

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Maybe Sue and Johnny's dad?

I started imagining Malkovich as the voice of Norrin Radd! But its been suggested that its a low commitment role, thus the high profile casting.

Maybe Sue and Johnny's dad?
    The suggestion of Franklin Storm led me to the related question about FANTASTIC4 (which I haven't seen):
    Reg E. Cathey portrayed Dr Storm in that movie with Sue and Johnny being played by Kate Mara and Michael B Jordan. Was Johnny intended as his biological child and Sue adopted? I have a vague recollection that it wasn't addressed at all. The kneejerk assumption was that Johnny was adopted but I never paid enough attention to realize the Dr Storm casting once the $hitstorm around Jordan started.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    The suggestion of Franklin Storm led me to the related question about FANTASTIC4 (which I haven't seen):
    Reg E. Cathey portrayed Dr Storm in that movie with Sue and Johnny being played by Kate Mara and Michael B Jordan. Was Johnny intended as his biological child and Sue adopted? I have a vague recollection that it wasn't addressed at all. The kneejerk assumption was that Johnny was adopted but I never paid enough attention to realize the Dr Storm casting once the $hitstorm around Jordan started.

It was never addressed.

For posterity (since I don't see it posted yet in this thread), the strategy change for MCU releases announced by Disney...

Marvel Will Limit Itself to Two or Three Movies and Two TV Shows Per Year