Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The vilification Diana got for killing Max Lord was DC trying to have their calf and eat it too. They knew turning a fan favorite into a villain would be controversial so they decided to make the audience hate Diana for killing Max rather than them for making him a villain and thus necessitating Diana killing Max in the first place.
    For me? Villifying her for killing Max Lord. Not the fact she killed him, but how they tried to act like it was the wrong thing for her to do.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    For me? Villifying her for killing Max Lord. Not the fact she killed him, but how they tried to act like it was the wrong thing for her to do.
    Meanwhile, Bruce's venture into mass surveillance and Clark's covering up a rape and the League's human rights abuses were forgotten about almost immediately after they were revealed. The latter didn't even get brought in Infinite Crisis which was supposed to be about the Trinity being taken to task for their mistakes.

The vilification Diana got for killing Max Lord was DC trying to have their cake and eat it too.
    I mean they had to do something. Making Wonder Woman a villainous character is just too interesting a concept to pass up.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I mean they had to do something. Making Wonder Woman a villainous character is just too interesting a concept to pass up.
    They failed at it because no one with common sense bought her as a villain the way they wrote it. Especially when what Superman and Batman did was far less forgivable and yet was forgotten about almost immediately.

They failed at it because no one with common sense bought her as a villain the way they wrote it. Especially when what Superman and Batman did was far less forgivable and yet was forgotten about almost immediately.
    If they wanted her to be the bad guy they sure as heck shouldn’t have had Greg Rucka writing that story lol. I thought the Maxwell Lord story was his idea, but he planned on doing some follow up stories to handle the fallout that never happened because DC table dhim off the book?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If they wanted her to be the bad guy they sure as heck shouldn’t have had Greg Rucka writing that story lol. I thought the Maxwell Lord story was his idea, but he planned on doing some follow up stories to handle the fallout that never happened because DC table dhim off the book?
    The Maxwell Lord incident was going to be the reason for Amazons Attack. The U.S. military had already amassed off the coast of Themyscira and were at odds with the Amazons because they wanted to get their hands on their secrets. Then Sacrifice would have happened and escalated the conflict. Even in the version that made it to print the Amazons were angry at what they felt was the mistreatment of their Princess.

Good to know Cyclops and Wonder Woman, two of my favorite characters, couldn't have their public perception swayed by silly editorial ideas :P

Go Wondy, go Scottie!

They failed at it because no one with common sense bought her as a villain the way they wrote it.
    Nobody bought her as the villain probably because of how long she's been a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Nobody bought her as the villain probably because of how long she's been a hero.
    They didn't buy it because the story of her killing Max didn't provide sufficient argument of it being a villainous act and it wasn't even the first time Wonder Woman had killed someone.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 08-12-2019 at 01:17 AM.