Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What's not to like? The effects and acting are decent.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    The last episode pretty much guarantees they can’t follow the rest of the comics
    The finale is one hell of a mind blower. How can Butcher even begin to process that?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The finale is one hell of a mind blower. How can Butcher even begin to process that?
    That has to be literally the most earth shattering revelation if you are a character like that

I've watched the first four episodes so far and I really enjoying it.

The concept is basically what if the Justice League were a bunch of dickwads and a group of normal folks tried to take them out for their lack of regard for human life. In an opening scene we see a woman get accidentally blown to pieces by a speedster and her boyfriend who had been holding her is then recruited to help destroy the supers.

I'm only somewhat familiar with the comic series but its apparent the TV version while over the top at times is vastly toned down from the comic. Most of the supers while being dickwads at least have some redeeming qualities and aren't the mustache twirling caricatures they are portrayed as in the comics. Basically think Jamie Lannister from Game of Thrones (If you've seen it) - they do vile things but also have their own weird senses of honor to sometimes do the right things.

Its also hilarious as well in a that is so wrong its funny type of way. There is a scene with a Dolphin in episode four that was hilarious in a very black humor sort of way.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    In an opening scene we see a woman get accidentally blown to pieces by a speedster and her boyfriend who had been holding her is then recruited to help destroy the supers.
    Heh... I was on Darick Robertson's forum when that comic came out and remember that the doomed girl was modeled after Mary Brickthrower, one of the prominent members of the forum. Wee Hughie was based on Simon Pegg, of course, and Darick hoped he would play him in the adaptation. Too much time passed, though.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Heh... I was on Darick Robertson's forum when that comic came out and remember that the doomed girl was modeled after Mary Brickthrower, one of the prominent members of the forum. Wee Hughie was based on Simon Pegg, of course, and Darick hoped he would play him in the adaptation. Too much time passed, though.
    Simon Pegg appears in the show as Hughie's dad.