Page 134 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134
Results 1,996 to 2,005 of 2005
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Inspired by Photon Torme and Lonewolf36, these are the Young Champions (the awesome Seventies version)…:

AMADEUS CHO
    While he’s very Hulky now, Amadeus was Hercules’ sidekick, the brains to the Prince of Power’s brawn, for a good long time.

RED WIDOW
    I’d never heard of this teenage Widow before today.

CHERUB and DAYCRAWLER
    These two are from the Children of The Atom. While Cherub’s here an an Angel expy, that teen team didn’t have an Iceman. I like the big guy/little guy dynamic I get when pairing Cherub w. Daycrawler, though.

DOYLE DORMAMMU
    I picked him for the flaming head yeah, but I figure his father Dormammu could be the catalyst that brings the team together, same as Hercules’ uncle Pluto was for the original Champions.
    Groovy Roster.

The original Champions remain one of my favorite Marvel teams/line-ups and it's always fun to do a build based on the initial roster. In this case, I figured I'd mix up the character type and the power set and put together a team of characters based on those. And after this line-up, the original will seem entirely organic and not a mishmash of characters from other franchises at all.

Gargoyle - He's our winged hero with ties to the world of demons (character type of Ghost Rider, powers of Angel)
    Strong Guy - He's our powerhouse who's a mutant (character type of Iceman or Angel, powers of Hercules)
    Cipher - She's our mutant master of stealth and spycraft (character type of Iceman or Angel, abilities of Black Widow)
    Blizzard - He's our regular guy with artificial ice powers (character type of Black Widow, powers of Iceman)
    Pele - She's our goddess of fire (character type of Hercules, powers of Ghost Rider)

Champions.jpg
    Last edited by Kaijudo; Yesterday at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    The original Champions remain one of my favorite Marvel teams/line-ups and it's always fun to do a build based on the initial roster. In this case, I figured I'd mix up the character type and the power set and put together a team of characters based on those. And after this line-up, the original will seem entirely organic and not a mishmash of characters from other franchises at all.

Gargoyle - He's our winged hero with ties to the world of demons (character type of Ghost Rider, powers of Angel)
    Strong Guy - He's our powerhouse who's a mutant (character type of Iceman or Angel, powers of Hercules)
    Cipher - She's our mutant master of stealth and spycraft (character type of Iceman or Angel, abilities of Black Widow)
    Blizzard - He's our regular guy with artificial ice powers (character type of Black Widow, powers of Iceman)
    Pele - She's our goddess of fire (character type of Hercules, powers of Ghost Rider)

Champions.jpg
    ^^^That's a crazy fun lineup!

Champions.jpg
    clever approach to choosing the members,,, and I was sold as soon as I saw Gargoyle and Strong Guy on the same team!

IRON MAN (Defender)
    Tony’s taking a break from all the east coast shenanigans and airing out the old West Coast Avengers compound, putting together a new team to hang out with.

DAZZLER (Sapphire)
    Sapphire's profile said she was a rockstar. Dazzler’s in L.A. working on the soundtrack for the newest Dominic Fortune movie, ‘Forever and A Day’.

QUICKSILVER & SCARLET WITCH (Kinetic & Witchcraft)
    Been enjoying the siblings being back together in their current mini. The two have worked w. Tony before, so there’s some history to play w. there.

SKAAR (Ironclad)
    Like Ironclad Skaar’s an alien warrior guy. He can turn to stone, and has power over the earth, which will come in handy in case of any California quake activity.

THE SHROUD (Nighthawk)
    He'll work w. the team unofficially, in order to keep his criminal reputation intact. He’s done it before w. the original team.
    Hmm... neat take on it. The big diff between Iron Man and Defender is personality. Defender's personality is more like Captain America. The rest fit pretty nicely.

^^^Like Statesman from City of Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    clever approach to choosing the members,,, and I was sold as soon as I saw Gargoyle and Strong Guy on the same team!
    ^^^I thought that, too!
    Those two could be the new Beetle and Booster.
    Last edited by Riv86672; Today at 04:04 AM.

Champions.jpg
    Is the Marvel version of Pele able to clobber the Hulk like how the DC version smacked Wonder Woman around?

^^^Wanted to do one more Champions Team, an outer space one.

Gods empowered Beta Ray Bill as Hercules, Shi’ar operative Warbird as Black Widow, Rocket and Groot as the buddy team from another team Iceman and Angel, and Cosmic Ghost Rider to give it that Champions vibe.

I also added Maxam and Singularity as Black Goliath and Darkstar, who’ll join later on.

^^^Wanted to do one more Champions Team, an outer space one.

Gods empowered Beta Ray Bill as Hercules, Shi’ar operative Warbird as Black Widow, Rocket and Groot as the buddy team from another team Iceman and Angel, and Cosmic Ghost Rider to give it that Champions vibe.
    funny enough, all of those characters (except for Deathbird) were actually members of GoTG for a minute there during Ewing's run (the one where they fight the returned Olympians and Dormammu). Those 5 together would be an interesting mix of personalities for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    funny enough, all of those characters (except for Deathbird) were actually members of GoTG for a minute there during Ewing's run (the one where they fight the returned Olympians and Dormammu). Those 5 together would be an interesting mix of personalities for sure.
    ^^^This NOT the first time Ewing and I have crossed paths…

bortaS bIr jablu'DI' reH QaQqu' nay'.