Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member

One of my favorite recents. Berserker doesn't give up easy.

Always liked the second day of fights from Bloodsport.

"I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Need to see the whole movie again, but really like this fight between Spidey and Doc Ock. All of this craziness happening on a subway. It's not just a fight but a superhero fight:

"I am a man of peace."

Think I might have posted this before, but it may have been deleted. In any case, here is a better version of Daniel vs. Chozen from Karate Kid Part II:

"I am a man of peace."

Batman vs. the SWAT team from Batman: The Dark Knight. I just can't get over how awesome this scene is. Perseverance, planning, and no killing. Somehow Batman pulls off the impossible. But that's what Batman does:

"I am a man of peace."

The power of one extra step:

"I am a man of peace."

One of my favorite fights of the Predator series. After learning that his killer is an alien and has been treating Los Angeles as his hunting ground, Harrigan finally meets the City Hunter one-on-one. The City Hunter finally confronts his lion. And the lion f'ing roars:

"I am a man of peace."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    One of my favorite fights of the Predator series. After learning that his killer is an alien and has been treating Los Angeles as his hunting ground, Harrigan finally meets the City Hunter one-on-one. The City Hunter finally confronts his lion. And the lion f'ing roars:

Los Angeles in 1997, no less, and the movie came out in 1990. Good fight there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

The power of one extra step:

I think the Aoshi and Saito fights had more jeopardy(the former being the best in the series imo)..but this fight really stuck with me. Sojiro was a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I think the Aoshi and Saito fights had more jeopardy(the former being the best in the series imo)..but this fight really stuck with me. Sojiro was a beast.
    Aoshi's and Saito's fights were cool. I think both of them were just a little more dramatic than Sojiro's or Shishio's because of the darker color scheme. Saito's fight really had me worried at the time. Thought Sano had really died and that Kenshin was going to die as well.

Los Angeles in 1997, no less, and the movie came out in 1990. Good fight there.
    Yeah, the 1997 Los Angeles setting really threw me for a loop when I first saw the label. No way could a Predator hide in city. But it worked. Also, the movie really captured the late 80s/early 90s themes of drug wars and gang violence. It amped it up a lot, especially in that first scene.
    "I am a man of peace."

Batman vs. the SWAT team from Batman: The Dark Knight. I just can't get over how awesome this scene is. Perseverance, planning, and no killing. Somehow Batman pulls off the impossible. But that's what Batman does
    Nolan did manage to put Batman through a lot in his movies. And it was awesome. Fight starts at 2:12

Last edited by Scott Taylor; 05-19-2024 at 08:16 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Aoshi's and Saito's fights were cool. I think both of them were just a little more dramatic than Sojiro's or Shishio's because of the darker color scheme. Saito's fight really had me worried at the time. Thought Sano had really died and that Kenshin was going to die as well.

Yeah, the 1997 Los Angeles setting really threw me for a loop when I first saw the label. No way could a Predator hide in city. But it worked. Also, the movie really captured the late 80s/early 90s themes of drug wars and gang violence. It amped it up a lot, especially in that first scene.
    Indeed, so in retrospect, it would make perfect sense that a Predator could hide in such a violently chaotic hellscape of a city.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Nolan did manage to put Batman through a lot in his movies. And it was awesome. Fight starts at 2:12

"What the hell are you?"

". . . I'm Batman."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Can you believe it? Drax the Destroyer got beaten by a guy who lost to Yip Man in a fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed, so in retrospect, it would make perfect sense that a Predator could hide in such a violently chaotic hellscape of a city.

"What the hell are you?"

". . . I'm Batman."
    Initially I didn't like Batman Beyond's fights. People told me that the "toss a camera in the dryer" style of filming was supposed to emulate how the enemy was supposed to see Batman. I wasn't a fan at first, but I understood it later on.

Definitely have a fondness for the Dark Knight Returns Bane fights, the first one especially. It's slow and physical, just a simple fist fight on the surface. However, it shows Batman's style of fighting, which includes cheating. Moreover, it's Bane proving himself to his men:

"I am a man of peace."