Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334

Thread: Transformers

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thundercracker is still the most noble Decepticon.
    Thundercracker is already becoming a favorite. Glad he's not the same sadistic type as the other two seakers. I also like his color scheme the most (The Blue Angels were a big part of my life)

spoilers:
    Although Ultra Magnus is one of the few autobots I like. (Always been more of a Decepticon Fan) Hoping he makes an appearance somehow. On paper he should be up there near the Prime/Megatron Tier
    end of spoilers

Wasn't sure how you can continue the momentum from Issue #6 but Issue #7 was just as amazing. Starcream's Fate was brutal but next to Skywarp, he had this coming.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Issue #8

Another amazing read. This one had more plot building and took a break from the regularly scheduled violence (but it wasn't completely devoid of it)

SPOILERS

+ Unlike Starscream, Soundwave actually has a plan on how to harvest Earth's Resources and remove the Autobots (and its a good one in my books)
    + On Cybertron Elita 1 is carrying her dying comrade we saw in the previous issue. I assume its Ultra Magnus. He asks to be killed. Alita 1 tells him if they're ambushed she'll grant his wish.
    + As much as I like Cliffjumper, its good Arcee is going to save Carly's Self Destruction. Arcee was in Carly's place when Ultra Magnus saved her. This is good way for Arcee to honor his memory
    + The Autobots earn Skywarp's Cooperation. He completely repairs Wheeljack
    + Thundercracker is my personal favorite character here. He has morals. Its only a matter of time before he learns the truth about Skywarp
    + Jetfire...interesting twist. In his current state I think it'd be a perfect opportunity to see him team up with Duke since they share similar trauma inflicted by Starscream
    + The Deceptions attacked the Aircraft Carrier because it was Nuclear Powered and they need it to power up the Nemesis.
    + Inside they find a big and very pissed off spoilers:
    Astrotrain
    end of spoilers It'll be interesting to see what happens when he finds the source of his rage
    + Soundwave reveals they can't get the Nemesis to fly again but he just wants the communication antenna to contact for reinforcements. He contacts: spoilers:
    Shockwave
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 05-09-2024 at 12:35 PM.

spoilers:
    Seems like they're avoiding one-on-one time with Prime and Spike because of...obvious reasons. Though Optimus feeling Sparkplug's memories will make that relationship even more complicated.

As sad as Carly turning on Cliffjumper is, the growing bond between her and Arcee is pretty nice. Though honestly kind of inching into my issue with Miko in TF: Prime where the human wants to become more actively involved in the action but would really just be a liability.

Skywarp still hates Autobots but they can still pity him and use him.

I'm happy Jetfire is back but also kind of horrified he's stuck in vehicle mode as the Autobots' new mode of transportation. It's like Sky-Lynx with body horror. This does make me wonder if it's possible to revive even dead Autobots if they have enough Energon or if it's solely because Jetfire wasn't 100% dead.

Thundercracker, still the most noble Decepticon.

I feel dumb for not realizing they were going to be fishing out the Nemesis no matter how G1 this comic still is.

Astrotrain showing up was cool. I have to imagine Blitzwing will show up sooner rather than later. Really curious to see what his beef with Megatron was. Seems like there were a lot of complicated things going on with Megatron in relation to the other Decepticons, and that's effecting Soundwave to an extent.

I'm actually wondering now if it was deliberate introducing Astrotrain in the same issue where we get vehicle Jetfire because he'll be the 'Cons main mode of transportation from the Nemesis.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

These comics have been so goooood!

Transformers has beat spider-man and batman.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/tran...stseller-list/

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The Energon Universe FCBD really did a great job of selling me on more.
    Too bad my budget will not allow for that. I will have to hope for discounted trades in the years ahead.

I was also impressed by the teases from Dynamite for Johnny Quest, Thundercats and Space Ghost. But I digress.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

More toys revealed from todays Livestream

Studio Series
    Core 86 Steeljaw
    Deluxe Gamer Decepticon Soldier
    Deluxe 86 Bumblebee
    Voyager TF6 Skywarp Tetrajet
    Leader 86 Springer

Other
    Comic Colours Leader Staraxus

Don Perlin (R.I.P.)

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Learned to appreciate his art growing up. While he wasn't a fan favorite on the Marvel run, I geeked out hard on this page:

I still like his Bloodshot stuff too...

Help create one of the most important TF stories. Rest In Peace

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The Energon Universe FCBD really did a great job of selling me on more.
    Too bad my budget will not allow for that. I will have to hope for discounted trades in the years ahead.

I was also impressed by the teases from Dynamite for Johnny Quest, Thundercats and Space Ghost. But I digress.
    Readcomiconline is 100% free.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Readcomiconline is 100% free.
    How legal is it to read though? Make sure you have a VPN.