Page 294 of 300 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298 ... LastLast
Results 4,396 to 4,410 of 4489
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    How reputable is this source? The name sounds like it's click bait or parody.
    jeff’s pretty plugged in
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    That's what has made the X-Men interesting. It has a character for everyone. As an introvert with major social skill problems I always identified with Cyclops. I just hope he's not sidelined this time, the only movie that did him justice (kinda) was the first X-Men movie
    I think Hollywood and writers in general have a hard time with true ensembles. I hope the films can somehow juggle both Storm and Cyke, along with the rest. Claremont made it look easy, in retrospect. As great as X-Men '97 has been, they clearly picked Cyke(and Jean), and Storm suffered accordingly(though I'm sure Cyke fans would say Claremont picked Storm...).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I think Hollywood and writers in general have a hard time with true ensembles. I hope the films can somehow juggle both Storm and Cyke, along with the rest. Claremont made it look easy, in retrospect. As great as X-Men '97 has been, they clearly picked Cyke(and Jean), and Storm suffered accordingly(though I'm sure Cyke fans would say Claremont picked Storm...).
    But all things considered, I think a good bulk of the team had their standout moments for season 1 of '97. The only one who I think didn't have more material was Hank, and I hope they make up for that next season.

However, I have faith in Feige about finding writers/directors that can balance an ensemble like the X-Men. That's why I'm praying they do a solid roster with just six of them to start and focus on the major themes and the tone.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    But all things considered, I think a good bulk of the team had their standout moments for season 1 of '97. The only one who I think didn't have more material was Hank, and I hope they make up for that next season.

However, I have faith in Feige about finding writers/directors that can balance an ensemble like the X-Men. That's why I'm praying they do a solid roster with just six of them to start and focus on the major themes and the tone.
    You have far more faith in Feige than I do at this point. '97's successes seem more an aberration than a design. Though, to be fair, '97 surprised me. Maybe the MCU X-Men will do the same.

Spectacular Member

i don't understand how those are the alleged choices for the x-men movie, a crown jewel in marvel's catalog

when they had friedman do F4

You have far more faith in Feige than I do at this point. '97's successes seem more an aberration than a design. Though, to be fair, '97 surprised me. Maybe the MCU X-Men will do the same.
    What did Logan say in DOFP? "Peaceful thoughts..."

I'm praying those writers that's posted on social media is just clickbait.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow cyclone View Post
    i don't understand how those are the alleged choices for the x-men movie, a crown jewel in marvel's catalog

when they had friedman do F4

it’s all about the pitch they made to feige… spider-man homecoming writer credits were Vacation (2015)
    Horrible Bosses 2 (2014) Chance of Meatballs 2 (2013) The Incredible Burt Wonderstone (2013).. not very impressive.

but again i feel these names are just to apply pressure on the real writer to sign his/her deal
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 05-09-2024 at 08:34 PM.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Rafe Judkins ('UNCHARTED') and Michael Lesslie ('THE HUNGER GAMES: BALLADS OF SONGBIRDS & SNAKES') are reportedly the two of the finalists to be the writer for Marvel Studios upcoming X-Men film.

(via: @TheInSneider)

’X-Men' X-clusive: Meet Two of the Finalists for Marvel’s Most Coveted Open Writing Assignment
    As opposed to the cries of "total disaster" that might go out with Rafe Judkins' name, one thing I don't hear as a complaint on Wheel of Time is the casting. If he gets the job I expect the casting to be spot on. I just hope he doesn't have more notations for desired changes than there are lines in the script like he had for WoT.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    As opposed to the cries of "total disaster" that might go out with Rafe Judkins' name, one thing I don't hear as a complaint on Wheel of Time is the casting. If he gets the job I expect the casting to be spot on. I just hope he doesn't have more notations for desired changes than there are lines in the script like he had for WoT.

i doubt he’ll be involved with casting.. but wot has a lot of characters… i didn’t watch it but how did they handle screen time for all the characters? that’s what’s important imo how they juggle the roster

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    They should've hired Demayo instead
    he commented on Twitter under a tweet about this rumor saying he’d start with the O5 + 1/2 of his favorites.. (so kinda glad he won’t be doing it cuz i hate O5 lol)

i doubt he’ll be involved with casting.. but wot has a lot of characters… i didn’t watch it but how did they handle screen time for all the characters? that’s what’s important imo how they juggle the roster
    It wasn't as imbalanced as people claim if you go by word count or screen time - although the main character of the first books is demoted to ensemble player. The big name who they got (Rosamund Pike) gets fronted a LOT more, but you don't spring for a big name that you give a producer's credit to to NOT give them a lot of screen time. People's enjoyment of the show is often inversely proportional to how devoted they are to the books - the first season diverges a great deal, especially in the final episodes where they lose a principal actor on short notice, lose use of shooting locations, any pretense of action sequences and even backup plans for them due to COVID restrictions, and have no time to properly adjust because Amazon insisted on a hard air date despite all the issues. This forced massive changes to season two, although the majority of characters are where they need to be for a more close adaptation for season 3.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I dunno what this has to do with MCU X-Men, but Wheel of Time was neat in season 1, but I kinda lost interest in season 2. I hate the new guy they replaced the other dude with, especially since it was over the injections. This is coming from a non-book reader. I do find that I can enjoy projects more when I don't know the source material. If you have a previous version to compare to, you will naturally be more critical. Like how I basically despised the Foxmen films because I was constantly comparing to the source material and finding their versions lacking.

I dunno what this has to do with MCU X-Men, but Wheel of Time was neat in season 1, but I kinda lost interest in season 2. I hate the new guy they replaced the other dude with, especially since it was over the injections. This is coming from a non-book reader. I do find that I can enjoy projects more when I don't know the source material. If you have a previous version to compare to, you will naturally be more critical. Like how I basically despised the Foxmen films because I was constantly comparing to the source material and finding their versions lacking.
    It wasn't over injections (probably), that's just the unverified rumor. Which the guy is suing a news site over, and that's a very easy thing to prove one way or the other. Interestingly enough, the new guy is playing closer to the character in the books, at least the later ones. The author didn't find a good voice for that character until the 3rd book of the series.
    Dark does not mean deep.

he commented on Twitter under a tweet about this rumor saying he’d start with the O5 + 1/2 of his favorites.. (so kinda glad he won’t be doing it cuz i hate O5 lol)
    Right on.

But knowing him, he'd put a twist on it and it would be compelling.

Personally, I'd start with the 90's Blue Team and just sub Storm for Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It wasn't over injections (probably), that's just the unverified rumor. Which the guy is suing a news site over, and that's a very easy thing to prove one way or the other. Interestingly enough, the new guy is playing closer to the character in the books, at least the later ones. The author didn't find a good voice for that character until the 3rd book of the series.
    Well, that's the story I heard. Who knows what really happened. But either way, the first guy was better looking. I have no clue how the character was supposed to be, but I liked him more.