Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I dunno what this has to do with MCU X-Men, but Wheel of Time was neat in season 1, but I kinda lost interest in season 2. I hate the new guy they replaced the other dude with, especially since it was over the injections. This is coming from a non-book reader. I do find that I can enjoy projects more when I don't know the source material. If you have a previous version to compare to, you will naturally be more critical. Like how I basically despised the Foxmen films because I was constantly comparing to the source material and finding their versions lacking.
    It wasn't over injections (probably), that's just the unverified rumor. Which the guy is suing a news site over, and that's a very easy thing to prove one way or the other. Interestingly enough, the new guy is playing closer to the character in the books, at least the later ones. The author didn't find a good voice for that character until the 3rd book of the series.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It wasn't over injections (probably), that's just the unverified rumor. Which the guy is suing a news site over, and that's a very easy thing to prove one way or the other. Interestingly enough, the new guy is playing closer to the character in the books, at least the later ones. The author didn't find a good voice for that character until the 3rd book of the series.
    Well, that's the story I heard. Who knows what really happened. But either way, the first guy was better looking. I have no clue how the character was supposed to be, but I liked him more.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Lmao if that’s the best they can do.

Geez I’ld write it for them if they’re that desperate for whoever!

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Rafe Judkins ('UNCHARTED') and Michael Lesslie ('THE HUNGER GAMES: BALLADS OF SONGBIRDS & SNAKES') are reportedly the two of the finalists to be the writer for Marvel Studios upcoming X-Men film.

(via: @TheInSneider)

’X-Men' X-clusive: Meet Two of the Finalists for Marvel’s Most Coveted Open Writing Assignment
    Anything could be and these rumours are not necessarily at odds with each other, but Ryan Coogler usually writes his own movies.

Regardless of the accuracy, the X-Men rumour mill has officially started and it's crazy that Sneider mentioned we may get an announcement before Memorial Day ie by the end of this month!

I'm lukewarm on the 2 writers mentioned - I enjoyed The Wheel of Time season 1 but not enough to watch season 2.

Ryan Coogler as director would be extremely interesting: Black Panther has shown he can do great worldbuilding, write interesting characters and especially flesh out compelling villains - although I must say the action scenes weren't terribly exciting to me. Still, Coogler would certainly be a solid choice as X-Men director.

If I had my pick: Beau DeMayo as writer and the Russo bros as directors for the win.

BANNED

I've never read the Wheel of Time books so as a show only fan, I've enjoyed it well enough. S2 definitely felt like an improvement over S1 and I think many book fans also agreed that it was a step in the right direction compared to the first season.

The female characters of the X-Men would be in safe hands at least.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I've never read the Wheel of Time books so as a show only fan, I've enjoyed it well enough. S2 definitely felt like an improvement over S1 and I think many book fans also agreed that it was a step in the right direction compared to the first season.

The female characters of the X-Men would be in safe hands at least.

same writer for s1 & 2?
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Anything could be and these rumours are not necessarily at odds with each other, but Ryan Coogler usually writes his own movies.

Regardless of the accuracy, the X-Men rumour mill has officially started and it's crazy that Sneider mentioned we may get an announcement before Memorial Day ie by the end of this month!

i think director announced @ D23… things are moving quickly
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post

I'm lukewarm on the 2 writers mentioned - I enjoyed The Wheel of Time season 1 but not enough to watch season 2.

Ryan Coogler as director would be extremely interesting: Black Panther has shown he can do great worldbuilding, write interesting characters and especially flesh out compelling villains - although I must say the action scenes weren't terribly exciting to me. Still, Coogler would certainly be a solid choice as X-Men director.

If I had my pick: Beau DeMayo as writer and the Russo bros as directors for the win.
    I think Coogler is my second favorite MCU director after the Russos. He did great work in BP1, and I think he actually improved in terms of storytelling and action in BP2, which is one of my favorite MCU films. I do have some notes for both films, but generally speaking he is quite talented and I think he could do a great X-Men film. I would not get Beau, though. As great as '97 has been, I think the film should do its own thing, not be '97 2.0, so to speak. Whoever writes the MCU X-Men should certainly look at '97, and understand what works and what could be improved upon, but 10, 30 minute episodes of animation is a far cry from one, 2 hour+ movie.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I think Coogler is my second favorite MCU director after the Russos. He did great work in BP1, and I think he actually improved in terms of storytelling and action in BP2, which is one of my favorite MCU films. I do have some notes for both films, but generally speaking he is quite talented and I think he could do a great X-Men film. I would not get Beau, though. As great as '97 has been, I think the film should do its own thing, not be '97 2.0, so to speak. Whoever writes the MCU X-Men should certainly look at '97, and understand what works and what could be improved upon, but 10, 30 minute episodes of animation is a far cry from one, 2 hour+ movie.
    Well I'm assuming DeMayo wouldn't approach a 2-hour movie the same way he approaches a show - but anyway I fear the point is moot, whatever happened between him and Disney will likely keep him afar from anything else from the House of Mouse.

Coogler's involvement has also already been called into question by Sneider as he claimed Marvel might be looking at him for the Avengers movies instead.

So we're left with the 2 rumoured writers for now... I wonder if we will really find anything out in the coming weeks.