Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Storm, Rogue, Psylocke, etc, etc, the female X-Men are incredible, but X-Men should be for everyone. Don't shove Wolverine, Magneto, and Xavier down our throats for the n-teenth time, but the boys should be able to play too. X-Men '97 has been pretty great(though still with its own flaws), to the point of being an anomaly, but the movie side of things is making me nervous again.
    That's what has made the X-Men interesting. It has a character for everyone. As an introvert with major social skill problems I always identified with Cyclops. I just hope he's not sidelined this time, the only movie that did him justice (kinda) was the first X-Men movie

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    That's what has made the X-Men interesting. It has a character for everyone. As an introvert with major social skill problems I always identified with Cyclops. I just hope he's not sidelined this time, the only movie that did him justice (kinda) was the first X-Men movie
    I think Hollywood and writers in general have a hard time with true ensembles. I hope the films can somehow juggle both Storm and Cyke, along with the rest. Claremont made it look easy, in retrospect. As great as X-Men '97 has been, they clearly picked Cyke(and Jean), and Storm suffered accordingly(though I'm sure Cyke fans would say Claremont picked Storm...).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I think Hollywood and writers in general have a hard time with true ensembles. I hope the films can somehow juggle both Storm and Cyke, along with the rest. Claremont made it look easy, in retrospect. As great as X-Men '97 has been, they clearly picked Cyke(and Jean), and Storm suffered accordingly(though I'm sure Cyke fans would say Claremont picked Storm...).
    But all things considered, I think a good bulk of the team had their standout moments for season 1 of '97. The only one who I think didn't have more material was Hank, and I hope they make up for that next season.

However, I have faith in Feige about finding writers/directors that can balance an ensemble like the X-Men. That's why I'm praying they do a solid roster with just six of them to start and focus on the major themes and the tone.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    But all things considered, I think a good bulk of the team had their standout moments for season 1 of '97. The only one who I think didn't have more material was Hank, and I hope they make up for that next season.

However, I have faith in Feige about finding writers/directors that can balance an ensemble like the X-Men. That's why I'm praying they do a solid roster with just six of them to start and focus on the major themes and the tone.
    You have far more faith in Feige than I do at this point. '97's successes seem more an aberration than a design. Though, to be fair, '97 surprised me. Maybe the MCU X-Men will do the same.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

You have far more faith in Feige than I do at this point. '97's successes seem more an aberration than a design. Though, to be fair, '97 surprised me. Maybe the MCU X-Men will do the same.
    What did Logan say in DOFP? "Peaceful thoughts..."

I'm praying those writers that's posted on social media is just clickbait.

Spectacular Member

i don't understand how those are the alleged choices for the x-men movie, a crown jewel in marvel's catalog

when they had friedman do F4

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by yellow cyclone View Post
    i don't understand how those are the alleged choices for the x-men movie, a crown jewel in marvel's catalog

when they had friedman do F4

it’s all about the pitch they made to feige… spider-man homecoming writer credits were Vacation (2015)
    Horrible Bosses 2 (2014) Chance of Meatballs 2 (2013) The Incredible Burt Wonderstone (2013).. not very impressive.

but again i feel these names are just to apply pressure on the real writer to sign his/her deal
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 05-09-2024 at 08:34 PM.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.