Page 295 of 296 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296 LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,425 of 4439

Lmao if that’s the best they can do.

Geez I’ld write it for them if they’re that desperate for whoever!

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    he commented on Twitter under a tweet about this rumor saying he’d start with the O5 + 1/2 of his favorites.. (so kinda glad he won’t be doing it cuz i hate O5 lol)
    I'd be quite happy with that. Wonder which two characters he'd add. I'm assuming Storm for sure.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I'd be quite happy with that. Wonder which two characters he'd add. I'm assuming Storm for sure.
    Realistically, if they ever went for the O5 + 2, it'd be Storm and Wolverine.

Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Angel, Iceman, Storm and Wolverine is a viable line-up, to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Realistically, if they ever went for the O5 + 2, it'd be Storm and Wolverine.

Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Angel, Iceman, Storm and Wolverine is a viable line-up, to be fair.
    That's what I was thinking and that would be a definitive lineup for me. Later installments can add Nightcrawler, Colossus, Kitty, Rogue, etc.

One of the mid-90s X-Men movie drafts more or less went with this lineup except no Storm. It was centered on the O5 and Xavier bringing in Wolverine to help whip them into fighting shape against Magneto and his Brotherhood of Blob, Juggernaut, and Toad.

Astonishing Member

That's what I was thinking and that would be a definitive lineup for me. Later installments can add Nightcrawler, Colossus, Kitty, Rogue, etc.

One of the mid-90s X-Men movie drafts more or less went with this lineup except no Storm. It was centered on the O5 and Xavier bringing in Wolverine to help whip them into fighting shape against Magneto and his Brotherhood of Blob, Juggernaut, and Toad.
    I think Storm is pretty essential to X-men lineups, from the diversity perspective, the 'star-power' perspective, and being a literal powerhouse. You'd be hard-pressed to find a major iconic X-men line-up, particularly in adaptations, that didn't have her.

Funnily enough, the draft you're referring to sounds a lot like what X-men Evolution became, where Wolverine was one of the instructors in what was essentially a boot-camp for the teenage X-men Though they made Storm an adult instructor on the show, and an equal to Wolverine in that sense. As a consequence of that, too date I tend to think of Storm as being at least a little older, and certainly wiser, than Cyclops and Jean, even in adaptations where they're all the same age.
    Last edited by bat39; 05-10-2024 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    I think Storm is pretty essential to X-men lineups, from the diversity perspective, the 'star-power' perspective, and being a literal powerhouse. You'd be hard-pressed to find a major iconic X-men line-up, particularly in adaptations, that didn't have her.

Funnily enough, the draft you're referring to sounds a lot like what X-men Evolution became, where Wolverine was one of the instructors in what was essentially a boot-camp for the teenage X-men Though they made Storm an adult instructor on the show, and an equal to Wolverine in that sense. As a consequence of that, too date I tend to think of Storm as being at least a little older, and certainly wiser, than Cyclops and Jean, even in adaptations where they're all the same age.
    Yes, I agree. Especially based on the MCU's direction to feature more female characters and diverse characters, which is also why I can see Storm being the face of the X-Men in terms of leadership. There were a few movie drafts that surprisingly didn't feature her, like this O5 one, but outside of that it feels very odd to see an X-Men team not include her.

I've always seen Storm as being maybe a year or two older than Scott and Jean. Not much older but a slight age difference. Maybe that's also because of X-Men Evolution. Although I mostly enjoy that show, I remember being disappointed that Storm wasn't one of the teens because making her one of the instructors meant more or less sidelining her. She never felt very important on the show especially since she had no close relationships to any character except Spyke. Wolverine was Wolverine so he was safe, despite not being a student.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Rafe Judkins ('UNCHARTED') and Michael Lesslie ('THE HUNGER GAMES: BALLADS OF SONGBIRDS & SNAKES') are reportedly the two of the finalists to be the writer for Marvel Studios upcoming X-Men film.

(via: @TheInSneider)

’X-Men' X-clusive: Meet Two of the Finalists for Marvel’s Most Coveted Open Writing Assignment
    Anything could be and these rumours are not necessarily at odds with each other, but Ryan Coogler usually writes his own movies.

Regardless of the accuracy, the X-Men rumour mill has officially started and it's crazy that Sneider mentioned we may get an announcement before Memorial Day ie by the end of this month!

I'm lukewarm on the 2 writers mentioned - I enjoyed The Wheel of Time season 1 but not enough to watch season 2.

Ryan Coogler as director would be extremely interesting: Black Panther has shown he can do great worldbuilding, write interesting characters and especially flesh out compelling villains - although I must say the action scenes weren't terribly exciting to me. Still, Coogler would certainly be a solid choice as X-Men director.

If I had my pick: Beau DeMayo as writer and the Russo bros as directors for the win.

I've never read the Wheel of Time books so as a show only fan, I've enjoyed it well enough. S2 definitely felt like an improvement over S1 and I think many book fans also agreed that it was a step in the right direction compared to the first season.

The female characters of the X-Men would be in safe hands at least.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Anything could be and these rumours are not necessarily at odds with each other, but Ryan Coogler usually writes his own movies.

Regardless of the accuracy, the X-Men rumour mill has officially started and it's crazy that Sneider mentioned we may get an announcement before Memorial Day ie by the end of this month!

i think director announced @ D23… things are moving quickly
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

I've never read the Wheel of Time books so as a show only fan, I've enjoyed it well enough. S2 definitely felt like an improvement over S1 and I think many book fans also agreed that it was a step in the right direction compared to the first season.

The female characters of the X-Men would be in safe hands at least.

same writer for s1 & 2?
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Right on.

But knowing him, he'd put a twist on it and it would be compelling.

Personally, I'd start with the 90's Blue Team and just sub Storm for Rogue.
    I'd be down for that line-up. And make Rogue start as a villain in Mysique's Brotherhood to later have a change of heart and join the X-Men.

As for the writers/director rumors, the only one that got me excited is Ryan Coogler. The other ones are not very impressive. And X-Men needs to bring the A-listers.

The rumors that they will focus on the female characters could be cool if it means they will get their due respect and characterization in an ensemble with the guys. Like for exemple in X-Men 97 where the characters with the better arcs, characterization and power feats are Magneto, Jean, Scott, Rogue and Storm. Which is a very good ratio since the female X-Men members almost always have the most iconic stories and moments.

The more I think about it, the more I feel that Wolverine should not be in the first ensemble movie, actually. Let other characters shine first: Scott, Storm, Rogue, Kurt, Betsey... and then bring him later after his solo movie. I love the guy but I want him to be part of an ensemble and not steal the main focus.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post

I'm lukewarm on the 2 writers mentioned - I enjoyed The Wheel of Time season 1 but not enough to watch season 2.

Ryan Coogler as director would be extremely interesting: Black Panther has shown he can do great worldbuilding, write interesting characters and especially flesh out compelling villains - although I must say the action scenes weren't terribly exciting to me. Still, Coogler would certainly be a solid choice as X-Men director.

If I had my pick: Beau DeMayo as writer and the Russo bros as directors for the win.
    I think Coogler is my second favorite MCU director after the Russos. He did great work in BP1, and I think he actually improved in terms of storytelling and action in BP2, which is one of my favorite MCU films. I do have some notes for both films, but generally speaking he is quite talented and I think he could do a great X-Men film. I would not get Beau, though. As great as '97 has been, I think the film should do its own thing, not be '97 2.0, so to speak. Whoever writes the MCU X-Men should certainly look at '97, and understand what works and what could be improved upon, but 10, 30 minute episodes of animation is a far cry from one, 2 hour+ movie.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

same writer for s1 & 2?
    Episodic TV doesn't have all the same writers even over season, but there is some crossover.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Episodic TV doesn't have all the same writers even over season, but there is some crossover.
    oh lol i guess it’s sorta if likes he’s the creator and writes pilot and certain episodes and then everyone else writes in the tone he set. hmm this is interesting being around a big project like this he could be a good decision when we look back on it idk