Page 295 of 348 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299305345 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,425 of 5214

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Even then Diana already had a moment last arc where she did a little trip with Robin to help figure out the mystery behind Newmazo. Its not major but hey its better than what Hal Jordan got.
    As long as we're keeping score, that same first arc featured Diana getting casually turned to mud. And after her moment in the last arc, she was promptly beaten to pulp by Newmazo.
    Plus her rogues treated like jokes, and now her KC counterpart is just another mind-controlled chump among the others...

Waid could just stop including Wonder Woman and her world in this goddamn book, especially since he's admitted he doesn't get her, but apparently that's too much to ask.
    It's truly remarkable the extent at which DC Comics makes being a Wonder Woman fan an endurance test.

my blog

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    As long as we're keeping score, that same first arc featured Diana getting casually turned to mud.
    Perez did the same thing.

And after her moment in the last arc, she was promptly beaten to pulp by Newmazo.
    Superman was getting beaten to a pulp right along with her.

Plus her rogues treated like jokes
    That's only a problem in the case of Cheetah. Much as I may love them, I have an easy time believing Dr. Poison, Zara and Blue Snowman being taken out by the Flash if they weren't expecting they'd have to deal with him. The WW books themselves are seriously way behind in showing why they are threats to Diana too.

and now her KC counterpart is just another mind-controlled chump among the others...
    These "others" also including the counterparts to the book's stars.

Waid could just stop including Wonder Woman and her world in this goddamn book, especially since he's admitted he doesn't get her, but apparently that's too much to ask.
    Why don't you just ignore the book entirely?

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Perez did the same thing.

Superman was getting beaten to a pulp right along with her.

That's only a problem in the case of Cheetah. Much as I may love them, I have an easy time believing Dr. Poison, Zara and Blue Snowman being taken out by the Flash if they weren't expecting they'd have to deal with him. The WW books themselves are seriously way behind in showing why they are threats to Diana too.

These "others" also including the counterparts to the book's stars.

Why don't you just ignore the book entirely?
    Perez was a grea WW writer thaty sctually put a lot of effort into showing respect to WW. Waid is the exact opposite.

Superman and others put up a better fight. They ksept o fighting. WW was down and stayed down.

Her whole rogue is constantly treated like trash. Cheetah included. And this still happening is the problem.

Why don't you try to avoid making up excuses for crummy writers that treat WW like trash?

I gotta go with Siege, I wish Waid wouldn't include WW in his stories if he doesn't like the character but I also wouldn't be aware of this if people didn't bring it here since I don't care about World's Finest.

I was the same way with Taylor and it was just healthier to stop paying attention to his crap.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I gotta go with Siege, I wish Waid wouldn't include WW in his stories if he doesn't like the character but I also wouldn't be aware of this if people didn't bring it here since I don't care about World's Finest.

I was the same way with Taylor and it was just healthier to stop paying attention to his crap.
    I had a stronger sense of dread about the WW fanbase reaction to her cameo than anything I sense coming down the pipe in the book itself. And expectations are low for that.

Villainy Inc was the low point so far, but the edge is taken off when you realize that Dan Mora probably just really wanted to draw them. There wasn't any malicious agenda beyond that. Same with Dr. Cyber and the Invisible jet making cameos in the last book

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Waid even likes Hal, while he struggles with Diana.

And I think Waid has already taken shots at KC Superman in this story, not KC Diana

We're not getting anything stellar related to Wonder Woman in WF (aside from Donna in the spinoff), but it's gonna be exhausting to listen to WW fans meltdown every time she so much as makes a cameo.
    That is actually the case here yeah. The story starts with Prime Supes and Bats getting a look at KC Bats, Supes, and Magog at the mass funeral/graveyard at the ending of KC. Supes is effectively horrified and left with a very negative impression of KC Superman, thinking he must be a terrible hero to let things happen like this.

To the point Batman has to calm Superman down from getting too worked up over thinking about KC Supes failures and when they meet during a battle with Thunderboy/Thunderman, Prime Superman actually makes a comment along the lines of "So you are capable of saving someone like an actual hero".

So yeah a lot of shots are being taken at KC Superman, while KC Diana is left clean.

Fantastic Member

I have commented on my disdain for Waid's Wonder Woman multiple times, but this single panel is not something to flip out over. Maybe next issue yeah, but not this.
    And with the exception of (maybe Barbara) Cheetah all of those villains could be taken out easily by the Flash. Even though I would prefer if he didn't use them.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Wonders rocking the ponytail

Hi all, it's been a hella long time but I finally released the third episode of my Wonder Woman deep dive videos, this one covering the last of the 60s, leading into to the Mod Era and all its groovy nonsense and all the ~discourse~ that entails

https://youtu.be/nOxVu9nbdrU?si=y8w03o7EOrQLz0dX

Hope you enjoy!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrianWilly View Post
    Hi all, it's been a hella long time but I finally released the third episode of my Wonder Woman deep dive videos, this one covering the last of the 60s, leading into to the Mod Era and all its groovy nonsense and all the ~discourse~ that entails

Hope you enjoy!
    I love a good deepdive, ill have to check it out

Hope you enjoy!
    You're doing God's work!

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    They wear it well.

(I really loved that Jen Bartel one in FS).
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Precious Ponys one and all, lol!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Hope you enjoy!
    I will definitely take a look when I have more time.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Ah, the old "Wonder Words"! I remember them.