Page 346 of 348 FirstFirst ... 246296336342343344345346347348 LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,190 of 5213
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Probably.

The Amazon in the back is probably Wonder Girl from the tv show

There's a weirdness to viewing adaptations from way before now signature elements and characters were a thing.

You think of Wonder Girl, you think of Donna, Cassie, even Yara, and this show though from the 70s had an OC. Actually wait a minute Donna was from the 60s so amusingly she was around while this happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    There's a weirdness to viewing adaptations from way before now signature elements and characters were a thing.

You think of Wonder Girl, you think of Donna, Cassie, even Yara, and this show though from the 70s had an OC. Actually wait a minute Donna was from the 60s so amusingly she was around while this happened.
    Yeah, the show only really followed Golden Age WW in the first few episodes before mostly doing it's own thing and then becoming a standard 70s action heroine show in the later seasons.

Ironically, the show version of Wonder Girl probably has the simplest origin of any of the WGs at this point; Diana's actual kid sister.

Wow. Watching this week's X-Men 97 episode really makes WW84 sting even more. They used Max Lord in the least impactful way possible. The OMAC Project/Sacrifice stuff was so grand in scope and so epic.

Folks at reddit did a vote on which WW characters fits into each Lantern Corps

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Folks at reddit did a vote on which WW characters fits into each Lantern Corps

Willpower for Sersi? Uh...

I'd put Cheetah for Wrath and Circe for greed myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Willpower for Sersi? Uh...

I'd put Cheetah for Wrath and Circe for greed myself.
    Circe is nothing if not persistent and pretty much always a law unto herself.

These are the ones who came in second place.

Incredible Member

Who is the blonde shown by Compassion?

Paula Von Gunther

I'm curious: did anyone else read the recent Superman: Space Age series? What did you think of Diana's portrayal in it from Mark Russell? She wasn't in it a lot, but the choices he made with her small amount of dialogue had something I can't put my finger on that I liked. Now that he's doing a Batman: Dark Age, I'm hoping he'll follow up with a Diana mini too to see what more he'd make of her.

He said his intentions were to follow up with a Wonder Woman mini.
    Can't say most of Dianas portrayal in Space Age jumped out at me aside from the bit where she was rescuing a little girl and promised to keep her safe....Who died offscreen regardless

The nature of this whole thing centering around worlds that were destroyed back in Crisis on Infinite Earths makes me curious how Batman will go.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLyo View Post
    I'm curious: did anyone else read the recent Superman: Space Age series? What did you think of Diana's portrayal in it from Mark Russell? She wasn't in it a lot, but the choices he made with her small amount of dialogue had something I can't put my finger on that I liked. Now that he's doing a Batman: Dark Age, I'm hoping he'll follow up with a Diana mini too to see what more he'd make of her.
    She didn't do much in it from what I recall.

Mark Russell seemed too much in love with Batman to ever bother giving the other Leaguers anything substantial. Even Superman felt like he was getting overshadowed by Batman through the whole story, despite this being his book. I am not surprised that Russell immediately started writing Batman after Space Age.

I don't need a WW book which is secretly a Batman book.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLyo View Post
    I'm very curious what his Wonder Woman series would tackle.

Both Superman and Batman deal with the thematic connection of what it means to truly save the world and how do you go about reaching that solution even in the face of Armageddon. So it be interesting how he'll go about that set-up through Wonder Woman.

BATMAN/SUPERMAN: WORLD’S FINEST #30
    Written by MARK WAID
    Art by GLEB MELNIKOV
    Cover by DAN MORA
    Variant covers by PUPPETEER LEE and LUCIO PARRILLO
    1:25 variant cover by DANIEL BAYLISS
    Batman 85th Anniversary variant cover by JORGE JIMENEZ
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 8/21/24
    Get ready to see the Trinity—Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman—take part in their first adventure as a trio!

BATMAN: GOTHAM BY GASLIGHT—THE KRYPTONIAN AGE #3

Written by ANDY DIGGLE

Art and cover by LEANDRO FERNANDEZ

Variant covers by FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA and FELIPE MASSAFERA

$4.99 US | 40 pages | 3 of 6 | Variants $5.99 US (card stock)

ON SALE 8/14/24

Adam Strange’s understanding of the ancient world is flipped upside down as he’s saved by Diana of Themyscira! Batman searches for the jade ring of Jong Li and goes undercover to confront Selina Kyle for its whereabouts. Little do they know, it’s halfway across the country, on board the same train as a young aerialist named Alan Scott!