Page 79 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2969757677787980818283 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1241

Thread: The NBA

If the Knicks get past the Pacers (a big IF now) they won't beat the Celtics. Maybe a full strength Knicks with Randell, Robinson and O G in good health could challenge Boston. But not the way they are now.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Cavs are leading Boston 95-83 early in the fourth.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Cavs are leading Boston 95-83 early in the fourth.
    After Game 1, I was worried this might be a sweep. Glad Cleveland tied it up and gave me hope that it will be a good series.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Vogel just seems doomed to keep taking the fall for bad GMs and ownership
    Yeah, this seems to be scapegoating him for the team's collective failures.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I thought it would be Boston in 4. I guess that's why they have to play the games.nNo Brunson or OG tomorrow.
    Pacers will take it. Let's see who can play Sunday.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Yeah, this seems to be scapegoating him for the team's collective failures.
    I heard that Vogel might be replaced by Mike Budenholzer. In any event, the Suns' window on winning a championship is closing, Kevin Durant (35) isn't getting any younger, and Phoenix is said to be in salary cap hell which won't help matters when it comes to keeping the team together for another run.

FK Frank Vogel. This is a man of, low basketball (business) integrity. He showin to be a willful participant in his own professional demise. What makes it worse is he's a middling coach X and O wise. Contrast with a say, Billy Donovan, who imo is a WORSE coach but much higher basketball integrity. And maybe this is six in one hand half a dozen in the other... but the Vogel WITH HIS STAFF AT THE TIME, of the Pacers days, were his best work and that's just getting further in the rear view. He lives for firing at this point. Crazy part is, he seems to be pretty cool guy, does interviews here still with our local but he would rather rule in Hell than serve in Heaven as it were... and he ain' ruling.

Anunoby out for Game 3 tonight in Indiana. Bernard King ERRR-AHHH Brunson listed as questionable. Which means he'll be damned if he don't play at least half. And it ain't Charles Bronson I'm trippin' on. Deevinchinzo has been giving me nightmares for 2 days. I don't even care to spell his name right, that fool been the star of the series. Sht man, he's Shawn Kemp out here on the Pacers. Front court back court, it aint fkn mattered. Damn the refs. All the grace Siakum afforded ran down the drain... and we gotta pay that joker next year. Indiana will win tonight guaranteed but Sunday I'm about 80% on. Shame will or it SHOULD, bring the pro out in Carlisle. If not just don't come back.

Is there anything that the Cavs stomped out Boston in Boston? People keep putting Boston past these last three and I keep sayin' you and history has seen, that the Celtics are finessers. Forget about the West, cause that's where the Championship is going but the East to me... I know what SHOULD happen but I'm sayin IN>Boston>Cavs>Knicks.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    FK Frank Vogel. This is a man of, low basketball (business) integrity. He showin to be a willful participant in his own professional demise. What makes it worse is he's a middling coach X and O wise. Contrast with a say, Billy Donovan, who imo is a WORSE coach but much higher basketball integrity. And maybe this is six in one hand half a dozen in the other... but the Vogel WITH HIS STAFF AT THE TIME, of the Pacers days, were his best work and that's just getting further in the rear view. He lives for firing at this point. Crazy part is, he seems to be pretty cool guy, does interviews here still with our local but he would rather rule in Hell than serve in Heaven as it were... and he ain' ruling.
    Being a hopeless cynic, I was of the belief Lebron won that ring for the Lakers during the 2021 "Bubble Playoffs", not Vogel, and he hasn't come close to that since. However, I suspect his name will be on some team's speed dial if they decide that a change is needed.

Being a hopeless cynic, I was of the belief Lebron won that ring for the Lakers during the 2021 "Bubble Playoffs", not Vogel, and he hasn't come close to that since.

And he won't. Being a cynic maybe a factor BUT, what else- A Healthy, strong AD. King wouldn't have got that bubble ring off without him. AD my man so I'm not gone shade him but... and he did his BEST against Joker but Frank had that goin' too. No Jamal Murry that playoffs. Pandemic, bubble ring. Say what you want about that but it is still a Championship and still. I'm not saying Vogel just rolled the ball out there either but for winning that chip he was gone a year later. And Frank was out of the game for a couple years after the Pacers... I think he had 1 stop and didn't stay.

He made a decision once he took that job and now he's in the record books for it and he'll be chasing from here on out imo. Would anybody ever think Tibbs would have took that Laker job, hell no. Maybe Frank was ALWAYS a company man, he is now for sure. That Suns stint should be a stain and he was willing for it.

However, I suspect his name will be on some team's speed dial if they decide that a change is needed.
    IDK. League is changing- Durant, Curry, King, etc. There just ain't too many top heavy teams trying to jake their way to the top anymore. All that's dried up far as I can see. I got a question- who looks like a better coaching option, Glen Rivers or Frank Vogel? Maybe I'm trippin' but I think ol Doc look better than Frank and Frank got a big ol' ring. Not sayin' he shouldn't maximize on his opportunities but all money aint good and he ain't that good to even make that work. Now his bum ass is gonna be lookin at another assistant coach gig REAL SOON. Aight Ima leave Frank alone.

... speaking of Glen's, maybe he'll loose some wieght now. SMDH

Glen 'Big Baby' Davis sentenced to 40 months in prison over fraud scheme
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Guess the lesson learned there is to make sure and take money from the NBA legitimately rather than stealing it. Doesn't matter how much money, its the principle that matters.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Pacers win. But a late Goal tending on the Knicks where the ball was not going in, so should have been a no call. And a clear goal tending not called on the Pacersca minute before gave them the win.
    Carlisle's crying seems to have worked on the Refs.

Nuggets win big. Not surprised they know what they gotta do to put Edwards and the T-Wolves away.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Nuggets win big. Not surprised they know what they gotta do to put Edwards and the T-Wolves away.
    Desperation to avoid falling in a 3-0 hole worked wonders for Denver last night.

I know it’s early with only one quarter in the books, but Indy is blowing out the Knicks 34-14.

I know it’s early with only one quarter in the books, but Indy is blowing out the Knicks 34-14.
    I had to turn it off, Brunson hurting and too many starters out.