Thread: The NBA

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Knicks Pacers was closer than I thought. One or two plays either way...I now think this could go 7 and I only have the Knicks as a sleight favorite.
    In the West, the T-Wolves are dominant, and that is without Gobert! 48 points is great for Jokic for one game, but not for two! 16 points last night is embarrassing.
    Denver needing 4 out of 5 now might be too much.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The Knicks Pacers was closer than I thought. One or two plays either way...I now think this could go 7 and I only have the Knicks as a sleight favorite.
    In the West, the T-Wolves are dominant, and that is without Gobert! 48 points is great for Jokic for one game, but not for two! 16 points last night is embarrassing.
    Denver needing 4 out of 5 now might be too much.
    Color me suitably surprised. The T-Wolves are certainly sticking it to the champs while making Jokic look insignificant. Who had THAT on their Bingo card? I honestly thought Minnesota's win in game one was an anomaly, looks like it's the norm for this series.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Waiting on two discipline decisions right now, one is Patrick Beverley for throwing a basketball twice into the stands at fans(hitting one woman in the head), have a while before that needs to comes out since he's obviously at home now and a free agent but that one could be a doozy considering he basically assaulted fans, like I wouldn't be surprised if we see a suspension like the ones from Malice in the Palace over that

The more important one however is for Jamal Murray, during the drubbing the Nuggets took yesterday he first threw a towel at the refs that didn't quite make it, and then even more egregiously he threw a heating pad onto the court during play where it almost ended up under KAT's feet and could have caused major injury if he had stepped and slipped on it. So the Nuggets could very well be down their second most important player going into Minnesota

Edit: Latest news says Murray will avoid suspension but will likely be hit with a major fine
    Last edited by Hiromi; 05-07-2024 at 04:26 PM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Last night, Boston made short work of the Cavs in game one of the East semis 120-95 while in the west, OKC topped Dallas 117-95.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Last night, Boston made short work of the Cavs in game one of the East semis 120-95 while in the west, OKC topped Dallas 117-95.
    Boston looked great last night.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime