Thread: The NBA

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Not surprising. Tom Thibodeau is notorious for overworking his starters, wearing them down to nubs. He did that in Chicago, did it in Minnesota, so it's no shock he's doing that in New York.
    Robinson had that ankle operated on, and missed part of the season. He also only played 12 minutes Monday. This isn't on Thibodeau. The Knicks don't show any signs of fatigue, maybe they are use to playing full on. They didn't break down against the Sixers.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 05-08-2024 at 07:12 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Robinson had that ankle operated on, and missed part of the season. He also only played 12 minutes Monday. This isn't on Thibodeau. The Knicks don't show any signs of fatigue, maybe they are use to playing full on. They didn't break down against the Sixers.
    Sadly, I can't argue that.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Sadly they gave Murray a slap on the wrist fine instead of a suspension. That behavior is beyond acceptable. At his salary he got what amounts to $50 fine to most people.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

It looks like Robinson is blaming Embid for his injury on that dirty foul.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    It looks like Robinson is blaming Embid for his injury on that dirty foul.
    I was just thinkin', was that the case? You edited the Embid part out earlier but I didn't know that was the play, my DVR is full of the games I can't stay up all night for. That was dirty by Embid, he wrenched his leg from the ground, damn

Also the play where Embid raked Brunson's face I thought was no play on the ball. Those two plays alone have kinda changed the way I see Embid.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    I was just thinkin', was that the case? You edited the Embid part out earlier but I didn't know that was the play, my DVR is full of the games I can't stay up all night for. That was dirty by Embid, he wrenched his leg from the ground, damn

Also the play where Embid raked Brunson's face I thought was no play on the ball. Those two plays alone have kinda changed the way I see Embid.
    The first reports were it was due to his earlier surgery. So I edited it. Then I saw Robinson tweeted that he will have revenge. So he blames Embid.

With all the injuries to the Knicks, I wonder if Brunson't Dad can still play. They would beat LeBron and Broni by a couple of years as the first Father Son team.

I hope the Knicks kick the Pacers @$$ tonight. I want to see Boston vs NY in the ECF.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime