Page 364 of 386 FirstFirst ... 264314354360361362363364365366367368374 ... LastLast
Results 5,446 to 5,460 of 5779

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    He feels like a real threat here.

Krakoa Sinister was clone overload and just lessen his impact.
    Yes, exactly. Not only is Sinister genuinely creepy in '97, that fight scene with Jean proves he's not someone to be messed with. Great action sequence. Now I want to see what exactly he's been up to since Genosha.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    this must be how fans felt after claremont did all that development for magneto just for jim lee to revert him back “evil” so quickly. i do not like this personally they should’ve atleast beat bastion first. magneto/rogue upset me they got a lot of development this season and it’s wasted imo. sunspot is just like a wasted character slot in a fighting game. smh

other than that i really like jean grey.. i preferred madelyn until about ep 7. jean is really good fighter in this and she is being so patient with scott/cable now. hopefully she doesn’t go phoenix and tweak out personality wise.
    I mean, I get it, but at the same time, the man literally bent his will and his outlook just to appease his best friend. What happened when he did that? He watched thousands of his people get killed in a senseless act of violence and was tortured by a crazy ass Sentinel hybrid.

You really can’t blame Magnus for going back to basics after that.

Definitely agree with you too about Jean. Loved the fight with Sinister and how she handled herself.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    I mean, I get it, but at the same time, the man literally bent his will and his outlook just to appease his best friend. What happened when he did that? He watched thousands of his people get killed in a senseless act of violence and was tortured by a crazy ass Sentinel hybrid.

You really can’t blame Magnus for going back to basics after that.

Definitely agree with you too about Jean. Loved the fight with Sinister and how she handled herself.
    Bastion made sure Magneto was in the room to see all those governments plotting the oppression of mutants. He clearly wanted Magneto to hit back to start a war.

Absolutely fucking not.

After years of seeing her watered down in the movies, being goth and gloomy in other shows, it is refreshing to see her go through SO MANY EMOTIONS and watching her fly around and knocking Sentinels out with wrestling moves.

Love this era for Rogue. It warms my heart sugah.
    No, she’s utterly annoying AF. Sister wants to go off on everyone, when Remy literally died because of her. Every other character in this series has been OUTSTANDING! She, can definitely use a hiatus and be removed from the intro credits for a couple of seasons for all I care……and replace her with Psylocke!!!!
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    No, she’s utterly annoying AF. Sister wants to go off on everyone, when Remy literally died because of her. Every other character in this series has been OUTSTANDING! She, can definitely use a hiatus and be removed from the intro credits for a couple of seasons for all I care……and replace her with Psylocke!!!!
    Blah!!

But I’m definitely with you about bringing in Psylocke

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Yes, exactly. Not only is Sinister genuinely creepy in '97, that fight scene with Jean proves he's not someone to be messed with. Great action sequence. Now I want to see what exactly he's been up to since Genosha.
    I like how they showed him perfectly willing to throw down but he's still ultimately a coward by how many times he tries to attack Jean from behind and then spoilers:
    mind-controlling Cable
    end of spoilers when shit got too rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I like how they showed him perfectly willing to throw down but he's still ultimately a coward by how many times he tries to attack Jean from behind and then spoilers:
    mind-controlling Cable
    end of spoilers when shit got too rough.

Ugh! I so agree with you. Old Sinister never threw down like this. Buuut, Jean ate that ass up and left no crumbs lol
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

I would say she’s already done that, but Magneto is not a villain
    I mean, I can see where he's coming from but he's still consigning the entire Earth to die.

As much as I like this show, they really hoodwinked me with the whole Bishop joining the team stuff. Even if he shows up in the finale and saves the day, it still won't be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    As much as I like this show, they really hoodwinked me with the whole Bishop joining the team stuff. Even if he shows up in the finale and saves the day, it still won't be enough.
    I've seen some people asking about Bishop in Twitter but I don't think Beau has responded about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Goddamn, this episode has me feeling stuff. It's definitely soured me on Magneto. That 'traitor to your race' line was so ugly.
    He refers to the X-Men as race traitors in X-Men: The Last Stand as well when he confronts them at Alcatraz.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I've seen some people asking about Bishop in Twitter but I don't think Beau has responded about that.
    Probably because they had no plans for him

Now that 9/10 have been released, here is my current listing, from best to worst:

#5. Remember It.
    Obviously.
    #2. Mutant Liberation Begins.
    Very well structured and edited. Great Magneto and Storm stuff.
    #7. Bright Eyes
    Kinda different, but very successful. Rogue was incredible. Nanobot Trask was a scary opponent, and Cable's save was excellent.
    #3. Fire Made Flesh
    Excellent distillation of Maddie/Inferno/etc. Season's best/gorgeous animation.
    #8. Tolerance is Extinction part 1
    The Prime Sentinels being activated was very scary. Great Summers family outing. 'Magneto was right' was well executed, the ending slapped.
    #4. Motendo/Life Death part 1
    Surprisingly effective showings for Jubilee and Mojo. Excellent distillation of LifeDeath. Loved the redesign on the Adversary.
    #1. To Me, My X-Men
    Slightly clunky/cheesy, lots of exposition, but some top tier action scenes, especially for Cyclops and Storm, good use of foreshadowing, and Magneto's appearance in the end was cool(even if I don't love his new VA or facial character design).
    #9. Tolerance is Extinction part 2
    Very messy. Too many plots not well executed, but still some nice scenes. Jean vs. Sinister vs. Cable was great. Storm's return was weak. Fatal Attraction could have been better.
    #6. Life Death part 2.
    Very weak distillation of Storm's powerless period and Fall of the Mutants, even if the repowering scene was cute. Deathbird's "milky way ghetto" was iconic, but otherwise the Shi'Ar stuff didn't really land.

Overall the finale is kinda disappointing me. It looks like the season peaked very early, and couldn't eclipse it, but maaaaybe 10 will be fantastic. Even 9 and 6 had redeeming qualities, and the rest were good to great, so the season still did a very good job, but it has not been flawless. Hopefully season 2 is even tighter somehow, and the messiness and uneven character handling will be better resolved.

Bishop, Beast, and Roberto got the short end of the stick this season, Wolvie too a bit, and even Gambit and Storm, despite also having incredible moments. Jean, Scott, and Magneto took the cake, with Rogue right behind them, and Jubes a little after her. A later addition, Nightcrawler was excellent, other than being so short. Cable was pretty good, but he was kinda better in the OG show somehow, despite his origins and family being explored here. Forge was well executed, probably more likable than the comics version, but they skimped a bit on his origin and his Fall of the Mutants role, not to mention his connection with Bastion, but maybe they have a little more for him in #10. Morph kinda neutral, not great not bad. Xavier, kinda bad, but mostly because I despise the new VA and the Lilandra stuff didn't quite work for me.

Even though I have some notes, I am still impressed overall. If they just slow down a little bit and try to be more balanced with who gets focus when, they could refine this even better, but it's already quite solid. If Storm gets the Scott/Jean treatment next season, I will sing praises on high, but that I felt she was underserviced but still enjoyed most of the show is a credit to the team.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I just want to say that it's awesome to see Mister Sinister done correctly. Saving that character has got to be one of this shows greatest feats. Hopefully the comic writers are taking notes.
    100%
    Sinister was creepy and disturbing while still engaging in wordplay and playing with his food/test subjects/victims. You can tell the bad doctor is enjoying himself thoroughly.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Probably because they had no plans for him
    I'm wondering now if his original voice actor didn't voice him here because the role was so short. It seems strange that they went out of their way to recast Bishop when his role is so small and also give him an anachronistic haircut.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    If Storm gets the Scott/Jean treatment next season, I will sing praises on high, but that I felt she was underserviced but still enjoyed most of the show is a credit to the team.
    I feel like Life Death was her major arc for this revival. Next season will undoubtedly and sadly focus a lot on Wolverine and his mental/physical recovery.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'