Page 358 of 394 FirstFirst ... 258308348354355356357358359360361362368 ... LastLast
Results 5,356 to 5,370 of 5903

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    The Marvel Girl miniskirt hate came more from people who thought it was regressive that she's going back to her teen look. I don't think people outside of hardcore comic fans would have a problem with it since they won't know the history or see it that way. Personally it's always been a favorite of mine so I don't mind it and it's basically become a legacy costume.

I can see X-Factor costumes showing up later on in the show. Hope if that does happen that we get Storm and Rogue in matching Outback costumes too.
    It might be multiple reasons but not sure it's a smart move either way. There are more beloved costumes to choose from, why go that route?

Like Rogue's old orange poncho, please never come back, you ugly thing you. <3

I do hope Jean changes costumes. Either her 90s Phoenix costume or the X-Factor one would look a ton better IMO.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    I'm just gonna say it.

Rogue's costumes don't hit for me outside of the Jim Lee one.

I get that she can't touch people, but I don't understand the fascination with keeping her in a hood or a cloak.
    She's a "rogue".

Also, I agree wholeheartedly. Green and yellow all the way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    His astonishing and utopian era costumes are also upgraded versions of his 70s/80s suits so you're right about it being his default comic suit
    The reload 2000s era was basically everyone getting updated versions of their 70s/80s costumes. Wolverine's yellow and blue, Rachel in Jean's Marvel Girl costume, Colossus in a sleeker version of his 70s classic costume, Kitty in an updated version of her standard X-Men uniform, Angel in blue and white again, etc. Even Rogue eventually dropped the modernized 90s costume to go back to the classic green and white hood but with a cloak this time.

Storm went back to her Alan Davis costume but even that was always the closest to her original 70s look.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    It might be multiple reasons but not sure it's a smart move either way. There are more beloved costumes to choose from, why go that route?

I do hope Jean changes costumes. Either her 90s Phoenix costume or the X-Factor one would look a ton better IMO.
    I was expecting her to be in her Phoenix costume.

I'm just gonna say it.

I get that she can't touch people, but I don't understand the fascination with keeping her in a hood or a cloak.
    It depends on the artist. There are definitely artists who make me dislike her hooded variants, because they use it as an excuse not to draw her face. Acuna...

But can't say I agree only her 90s costume hits. She has various great one's like her 80s bodysuit, Legacy costume, Shi'ar Miner Suit, and Age of X (the only hood and cape that works for me).

BANNED

My personal guess is that Beau is planning on leading this into a Phoenix transformation somewhere down the line. Especially if we do get an Onslaught or AoA storyline. Beau might feel it's thematic for Jean to go from Marvel Girl to Phoenix.

I do like Jean in red though so I'd be fine with either of your choices. Always loved both looks.

I have to be honest, I've always had nostalgia for Rogue's orange poncho lol. It's one I grew up seeing her in. But I generally liked all her 80s costumes. This is the only one from that era I do not like.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    I was expecting her to be in her Phoenix costume.
    It's a look that makes her seem more powerful.

Even if she isn't currently using the phoenix, the symbology is great for Jean.

I'm just gonna say it.

I don' understand it either, the black and green outfits would have been the next best choice after the best (green and yellow).

I'm hoping they keep her hood down if she has one. Covering up her iconic skunk stripe with a hood is nonsensical.

BANNED

It depends on the artist. There are definitely artists who make me dislike her hooded variants, because they use it as an excuse not to draw her face. Acuna...

But can't say I agree only her 90s costume hits. She has various great one's like her 80s bodysuit, Legacy costume, Shi'ar Miner Suit, and Age of X (the only hood and cape that works for me).
    Rogue for me has always had one of the best wardrobes. All the costumes you've listed so far I've loved. I also loved her Age of X costume and even her cloaked green and white costume. The green/white costume is her definitive costume for me, moreso than the 90s one, since she's worn it in basically every era: mid 80s, late 90s, mid-late 2000s, early 2010s, AoA, etc.. The only time I wasn't a fan of it was her Uncanny Avengers version because the skirt seemed really unnecessary. It looked good on her Legacy costume but didn't need to be used for another costume.

I've always loved her X-Men Revolution costume as well especially when her hair wasn't in a ponytail but long and flowing like in the Greg Horn cover.

My personal guess is that Beau is planning on leading this into a Phoenix transformation somewhere down the line. Especially if we do get an Onslaught or AoA storyline. Beau might feel it's thematic for Jean to go from Marvel Girl to Phoenix.

I do like Jean in red though so I'd be fine with either of your choices. Always loved both looks.

I have to be honest, I've always had nostalgia for Rogue's orange poncho lol. It's one I grew up seeing her in. But I generally liked all her 80s costumes. This is the only one from that era I do not like.
    Red's a nice color on Jean, a bit monochromatic but can be balanced with other colors to still make her hair stand-out like the black and gold on those suits, so wish she used that color more.

Oh yea, totally agree on that, the green overalls were a... choice lol. It's good it only stuck around for a short while.

BANNED

Red's a nice color on Jean, a bit monochromatic but can be balanced with other colors to still make her hair stand-out like the black and gold on those suits, so wish she used that color more.

Oh yea, totally agree on that, the green overalls were a... choice lol. It's good it only stuck around for a short while.
    Yellow/gold or some secondary color definitely helps keep her from looking like a monochromatic mess. It's one of my issues with many of Lorna's costumes that they're completely green and become an eyesore.

I think that was the post-Secret Wars era. Colossus had a really awful costume then too.

Yeah her Outback costume, I could live with.

Rogue-X-Men-Marvel-Comics-OHOTMU-1985-Smith.jpg

But the hoods and the cloaks got to go, I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown
    Yellow/gold or some secondary color definitely helps keep her from looking like a monochromatic mess. It's one of my issues with many of Lorna's costumes that they're completely green and become an eyesore.

I think that was the post-Secret Wars era. Colossus had a really awful costume then too.
    I'm glad Marvel let some of the Gala oufits become main costumes. Branding is fun and all, but it's nice to see artists who have a passion for fashion get inventive with looks.

But they definitely passed over some nice designs. Like I'm still upset Synch returned to his plain and ugly yellow training uniform instead of keeping Deauterman's beautiful red costume.

Like clearly this was a costume he wanted and not just for the Gala lol. Let Dauterman cook!

Rogue for me has always had one of the best wardrobes. All the costumes you've listed so far I've loved. I also loved her Age of X costume and even her cloaked green and white costume. The green/white costume is her definitive costume for me, moreso than the 90s one, since she's worn it in basically every era: mid 80s, late 90s, mid-late 2000s, early 2010s, AoA, etc.. The only time I wasn't a fan of it was her Uncanny Avengers version because the skirt seemed really unnecessary. It looked good on her Legacy costume but didn't need to be used for another costume.
    I definitely like more than dislike most of her outfits over the decades. Only a few I would say that I don't want to see ever comeback and it's mostly stuff from her earlier eras like the overalls.

I do think her Revolution outfit is a bit underrated. Not my favorite, but I didn't mind her wearing it.

Her House of M red guard costume was generic, but I think it's a design that totally fits Rogue. It's giving western cowgirl Annie Oakley realness. It's another fave that I wish she'd get a variant of in the main continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17
    Yeah her Outback costume, I could live with.

But the hoods and the cloaks got to go, I'm sorry.
    That's fine, they're not my first choice either. It's a costume that fits specific eras, especially when she is dark and mood-y which is likely the reason for the choice in 97'.

Hoping that some of these are keep for the finale and not into S2.

Green and yellow is such an ugly color combination. Charles Xavier committed a lot of sins, but none of them compare to choosing yellow as the X-men's signature color.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    Green and yellow is such an ugly color combination. Charles Xavier committed a lot of sins, but none of them compare to choosing yellow as the X-men's signature color.
    SuperSonics fan here.
    I feel attacked.