Page 361 of 386 FirstFirst ... 261311351357358359360361362363364365371 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,415 of 5779

Quote Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
    I think you are being sarcastic, but I am being serious. I adore the 90s uniforms as they were the very reason why I bought my first X-Men comic. To me, they become completely different characters when they are not wearing the looks I love. They already got rid Gambit, Bishop is M.I.A., Nightcrawler just joined, etc. I have a bad feeling Rogue is going to be extra damaged after the trauma she has experienced, so she will probably get the disconnected, sad girl green and white hood that the comics trapped her in after the first FoX-Men movie. My excitement level for tonight’s episode just went from an 11 to about a 4 at best.
    Not going to go that far, but I could unfortunately imagine a season 2 with a more 70s/80s vibe instead of keeping the 90s one. Add Colossus and one of the O5 (either Iceman or Angel).

NGL, this is the first week I've been afraid for what season 2 looks like. Doesn't help my favorite X-man is dead, my second favorite is in a coma, and my third might be walking into a Fatal Attraction...

On an unrelated note, think Forge might mention to Cyclops being on a government team with a mutant named Alex Summers?

Extraordinary Member

Since Charles didn’t sense Maddie at the moment of her death like he did with Gambit’s, does that mean the clone switch happened AFTER Charles went to space at the end of the first series?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Since Charles didn’t sense Maddie at the moment of her death like he did with Gambit’s, does that mean the clone switch happened AFTER Charles went to space at the end of the first series?
    Most people are speculating it happened during Beyond Good and Evil so the Jean in season 5 was Maddie.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Most people are speculating it happened during Beyond Good and Evil so the Jean in season 5 was Maddie.
    But then wouldn’t Charles have had a psychic connection to her too, and sensed her death?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it happened between the last episode of the Dark Phoenix Saga and the episode after(when Cyclops finds out Corsair is his father). Look at what Jean is wearing when she's recuperating in bed at the end of the DPS and what she's wearing when she returns. Plus it would be comic accurate that Cyclops married Madelyne before Jean. This way they can dedicate an entire episode to the wedding of Cyclops & Jean in this series with plenty of guest stars instead of a throwaway minute of vows like in the OG show.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    But then wouldn’t Charles have had a psychic connection to her too, and sensed her death?
    Maybe not as deep as the one he had with the real Jean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I think it happened between the last episode of the Dark Phoenix Saga and the episode after(when Cyclops finds out Corsair is his father). Look at what Jean is wearing when she's recuperating in bed at the end of the DPS and what she's wearing when she returns. Plus it would be comic accurate that Cyclops married Madelyne before Jean. This way they can dedicate an entire episode to the wedding of Cyclops & Jean in this series with plenty of guest stars instead of a throwaway minute of vows like in the OG show.
    I feel like there was confirmation that her memories went about up to the wedding when they mind-melded, though there was some ambiguity.

spoilers:
    Woah this episode moved super fast. Did not expect the big fight to happen this episode. Pretty good ep but for comics fans there are not a ton of surprises here.

The only big one being Cyclops turning on Xavier at the last second. Though I was a bit confused about the "gold team needs more time" line. Feel like this episode will hit harder for casual audiences who don't know the Fatal Attractions story arc.

One big positive is I love Mr Sinister's powers here. His fight vs Jean was the highlight of the episode. He feels a lot more intimidating in motion / animation compared to the comics and I love his shadow teleportation, looks awesome in action.

Next episode will probably deal with Bastion and the fall-out from this episode.
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member

Unless there's a protocol I'm not aware of, I am going to create the dedicated episode thread.

Wow!!! The viewers who did not read the comics are really gonna lose their shit over the ending of this episode. Even though we will know exactly where it's headed it was still very cool to see that iconic moment in animated form. It gave me chills
    Mutant and Proud!

I think this has been my favorite episode all season. It gave pretty much the entire team equal screentime and some great moments.

spoilers:
    Love the callback to the Blue and Gold Teams. Interesting that Beast was on the Gold Team and Nightcrawler in his place on the Blue Team.

Fatal Attraction was always one of my favorite X-Men storylines and I love how accurate this adaptation is. I'm wondering if it may not have been better to move Remy's funeral to this episode instead. That way Storm and Xavier could have been there and Magneto could crash his funeral like he did Illyana's. Rogue joining Magneto's side was expected (especially since she wasn't with the team in the earlier clip released today) but that didn't make it any less hard to watch. Using her as the Colossus proxy makes perfect sense (and I'm guessing this is the main reason why Remy hasn't been revived yet, because this storyline wouldn't work otherwise) and the Brotherhood outfit is a perfect fit for her new role. Can I just say though that I really miss Remy and am dying for him to come back. The X-Men are a family but this family has a hole right now. It was heartbreaking to see Rogue's hopes go up when she woke from her coma to think that Remy might still be alive.

Sunspot defecting makes sense as well since he was always hinted to go dark in Claremont's New Mutants. I can understand Jubilee's reaction now and why she feels so betrayed. Interesting also that Sunspot can now discharge energy blasts (but I think someone said in earlier episodes, he briefly demonstrated that as well).

Loved the Jean/Storm moments. Beau is giving us everything we wanted plus more. "Mind your weather" and "weather your mind" was just superb wordplay. Storm's characterization here reminds me as to why I think she's the ultimate leader for the X-Men. She's the one giving the speeches and remains optimistic at all times, knowing the key is always having faith in each other. She needs to be leading by S2. Even against the Prime Sentinels, she wouldn't brook the use of the neutralizer and I love how Forge and Beast both instantly dropped that idea.

Jean and Morph combining their powers was great to see. Loved seeing Jean vs Sinister and am wondering if Beau will actually reveal when Jean/Maddie was switched as Sinister claims. Lots of Phoenix references between the scrambler device and Rogue's sassy remark about Jean dying being nothing new. So glad she's in her Marvel Girl costume so that we don't have to see that awful ponytail again. Her moments with Cyclops were so wholesome, but I am wondering what's going to happen to Wolverine on Asteroid M if Jean isn't there to keep his body together telekinetically and use her telepathy to shut down his pain receptors. I guess Xavier can do the latter.

Interesting that this is following the movies with the idea that Magneto's helmet blocks telepathy. In the 90s and before that, Magneto was just naturally resistant to telepathy so the helmet thing has always been a movie invention. I can't remember now if Xavier ever tried to read Magneto's mind in the original show.
    end of spoilers

Whew! This damn episode!

Besides the obvious, all I’m gonna say is Rogue didn’t have to go in on her teammates like that.

“You was gone gal!” LOL

Oh i Just adore the Sisterhood Jean and Storm Have, Not many know that Ororo and Jean are best friends, not that i can blame them given Jean was dead over a decade in the comics , and very few go back to Clarmounts era

And the team should have benched Charles and let Storm try to walk Magnus down because, cause good Lord that man couldn't sell Bubblegum if his life depended on it, let alone talk down and calm his deeply Traumatized angry friends and Students, from plucking the fruits of Revenge,
    Last edited by Typhoon; 05-08-2024 at 01:42 AM.
    "Goddess be Praised"

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Whew! This damn episode!

Besides the obvious, all I’m gonna say is Rogue didn’t have to go in on her teammates like that.

“You was gone gal!” LOL
    She had to give them the sass I'm afraid.

Why didn't Wolverine stab Magneto multiple times? Is he stupid or something?