Page 359 of 394 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359360361362363369 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,385 of 5903

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    I'm just gonna say it.

Rogue's costumes don't hit for me outside of the Jim Lee one.

I get that she can't touch people, but I don't understand the fascination with keeping her in a hood or a cloak.
    Not gonna lie: the Jim Lee outfit is my fave. Love that jacket.

That's not to say that I don't like a hood as part of her outfit, but the Jim Lee outfit is pretty iconic, so it's going to be a bit odd seeing her wearing something else on screen.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Anybody else noticed that the Card Dacosta Gave Jubes has the address Claremont Avenue On it
    "Goddess be Praised"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    Green and yellow is such an ugly color combination. Charles Xavier committed a lot of sins, but none of them compare to choosing yellow as the X-men's signature color.
    It was supposed to contrast with black which makes it more palatable. But the black turned into blue. Ironically enough, if Banshee had been a bigger character in the X-Men, I can see Rogue not getting the green/yellow color scheme in order to not clash with him. John Byrne even said he wanted Banshee off the team because his green/yellow costume was outclassed by Jean in the same color scheme and it made Banshee redundant.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I'm glad Marvel let some of the Gala oufits become main costumes. Branding is fun and all, but it's nice to see artists who have a passion for fashion get inventive with looks.

But they definitely passed over some nice designs. Like I'm still upset Synch returned to his plain and ugly yellow training uniform instead of keeping Deauterman's beautiful red costume.

Like clearly this was a costume he wanted and not just for the Gala lol. Let Dauterman cook!

I definitely like more than dislike most of her outfits over the decades. Only a few I would say that I don't want to see ever comeback and it's mostly stuff from her earlier eras like the overalls.

I do think her Revolution outfit is a bit underrated. Not my favorite, but I didn't mind her wearing it.

Her House of M red guard costume was generic, but I think it's a design that totally fits Rogue. It's giving western cowgirl Annie Oakley realness. It's another fave that I wish she'd get a variant of in the main continuity.

The ironic thing is that Synch's Gala outfit looks more like a costume than many of the other ones that were turned into costumes.

Kitty had basically the exact same Revolution era costume as Rogue but in blue/yellow instead of green/yellow. But I never thought it suited Kitty as well as it did Rogue.

Her House of M costume is okay for me but I'm not a fan of the boots there. Too bulky. I've noticed it's a very popular look with Nightcrawler because it keeps showing up in games for him. I've never seen Rogue get it in any video game though. The color scheme is a nice change from Rogue's usual though and I liked her hairstyle there. Like you said, very Annie Oakley. You could swap out those boots for cowgirl boots and throw in a hat and it wouldn't look off.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Not gonna lie: the Jim Lee outfit is my fave. Love that jacket.

That's not to say that I don't like a hood as part of her outfit, but the Jim Lee outfit is pretty iconic, so it's going to be a bit odd seeing her wearing something else on screen.
    I'm biased as hell when it comes to the Jim Lee era. It's how I was introduced to the X-Men and the one I grew up with, so when they switch things up it always takes some adjusting for me.

I would've just kept our girl in her green/yellow outfit and let her rock Gambit's trench to pay homage.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
    Anybody else noticed that the Card Dacosta Gave Jubes has the address Claremont Avenue On it
    Sure did! Which is funny since in Brooklyn there is a Clermont Ave lol.

Well, there you have it. The first thing that has genuinely crushed my enthusiasm about this show. As I have said countless times before, those 90s uniforms are downright CRUCIAL to my enjoyment of the X-Men. If they are wearing these “classic” uniforms to finish out the arc, then fine. But if this is what they are going to be wearing going forward, then it will no longer be a 90’s show and I would hope they change the title from “X-Men ‘97” to “X-Men ‘79” as that would be far closer to what it will be. I will need to see how it goes and if they imply that this is just temporary to finish out the arc (like Jean wearing her old uniform for “The Dark Phoenix Saga: Part 4 - The Fate Of The Phoenix”) or if this will be yet another terrible bait & switch. If it is the new look, then it will be one of the biggest buzzkills I have experienced since “Graduation Day” first aired.

I would have accepted something like these “updated” looks far better.
    Last edited by FlawedCoil82; 05-07-2024 at 01:50 PM.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    It was supposed to contrast with black which makes it more palatable. But the black turned into blue. Ironically enough, if Banshee had been a bigger character in the X-Men, I can see Rogue not getting the green/yellow color scheme in order to not clash with him. John Byrne even said he wanted Banshee off the team because his green/yellow costume was outclassed by Jean in the same color scheme and it made Banshee redundant.
    I hope Banshee gets some updraft next season if he's alive(which i doubt) after all he was a part of the Second generation of X-men, only he and Colossus would be left to make the team match, and Thunderbird but i think he's dead
    "Goddess be Praised"

BANNED

Beau knows his audience.

I hope Banshee gets some updraft next season if he's alive(which i doubt) after all he was a part of the Second generation of X-men, only he and Colossus would be left to make the team match, and Thunderbird but i think he's dead
    I think he was confirmed dead but I can see him returning as a Horseman like Gambit. I have no idea about Thunderbird's status right now.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
    Well, there you have it. The first thing that has genuinely crushed my enthusiasm about this show. 😖 As I have said countless times before, those 90s uniforms are downright CRITICAL to my enjoyment of the X-Men.
    first the costumes! what’s next the roster!? just cancel this show!!
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    first the costumes! what’s next the roster!? just cancel this show!!
    Beast is going to shave himself and go bare.

I just had a thought….

I bet the costume switch is a royalty issue/item with Jim Lee.

With him being the head of DC they probably don’t want to be paying out to him for an extended period.

All of the current suits are either tied to creators who passed on or wouldn’t/probably don’t have deals based on appearance.

Also, that lawsuit with wolverine too
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 05-07-2024 at 02:16 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

BANNED

Well, there you have it. The first thing that has genuinely crushed my enthusiasm about this show. �� As I have said countless times before, those 90s uniforms are downright CRITICAL to my enjoyment of the X-Men. If they are wearing these “classic” uniforms to finish out the arc, then fine. But if this is what they are going to be wearing going forward, then it will no longer be a 90’s show and I would hope they change the title from “X-Men ‘97” to “X-Men ‘79” as that would be far closer to what it will be. I will need to see how it goes and if they imply that this is just temporary to finish out the arc (like Jean wearing her old uniform for “The Dark Phoenix Saga: Part 4 - The Fate Of The Phoenix”) or if this will be yet another terrible bait & switch. �� If it is the new look, then it will be one of the biggest buzzkills I have experienced since “Graduation Day” first aired.

I personally think these 70s/80s costumes are here to stay for now but the 90s costumes will be adopted again at some point because they're such an integral part of the X-Men's image and for synergy sake. And since the X-Men wore all of these 70s/80s costumes in their past history in the show, this means that just as they've "regressed" back to their older costumes now, later on in the show they can "regress" back to their now old 90s costumes.

If there is an AoA storyline, I feel when that is wrapped up and everything goes back to normal, the team would return to their 90s costumes then.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Beast is going to shave himself and go bare.
    swear im canceling my disney + subscription!!!!
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

I did. Did anyone else notice the numbers on the card? The number is actually a date. 9/7/1982. This the release date of Marvel Graphic Novel #4. The New Mutants. This is where the New Mutants and Sunspot specificity made their debut.

Well, there you have it. The first thing that has genuinely crushed my enthusiasm about this show. �� As I have said countless times before, those 90s uniforms are downright CRITICAL to my enjoyment of the X-Men. If they are wearing these “classic” uniforms to finish out the arc, then fine. But if this is what they are going to be wearing going forward, then it will no longer be a 90’s show and I would hope they change the title from “X-Men ‘97” to “X-Men ‘79” as that would be far closer to what it will be. I will need to see how it goes and if they imply that this is just temporary to finish out the arc (like Jean wearing her old uniform for “The Dark Phoenix Saga: Part 4 - The Fate Of The Phoenix”) or if this will be yet another terrible bait & switch. �� If it is the new look, then it will be one of the biggest buzzkills I have experienced since “Graduation Day” first aired.

In the Orginal Show, when the Shi'ar arrested Jean in an attempt to execute her before the Phoenix took permanent hold, Charles challenged Lilandra to a duel between her royal squad and his X-men, Jean wore her Classic Green dress and Gold mask in a Symbolic way if she's gonna fight with the chance of perishing, she may as well adorn her first outfit reaching back into her core, i think the same can be said now they're gonna go out how they came in,

By Next season they may go back to the '80s fit, or their outfits will be pulled from the early 2000s, in IMO the '80s suits aren't coming back
    "Goddess be Praised"