Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Yea I'm not either, though I'm expecting more sibling interaction for Uncanny which is good. Especially with how emphasized the Darkhomles have been since Fall of X.

Considering this is the 90s, if Rogue does take off for awhile I'm hoping we see her meet up with Bobby. Give me my roadtrip friendship moments X-Men 97!

But yea, agreed on Rogneto. I know it's iconic to the 90s but I'm really dreading to see Age of Apocalypse adapted for this reason... as for love triangles, maybe if it's other characters on the team, I'm a bit burnt out on it and need a break.
    UXM will definitely give us the scenes between Rogue and Kurt that we've been missing out on.

I would love for that to be the vehicle to bring Bobby back onto the show. Loved his friendship with Rogue and their road trip. And since this is Beau's writing, I trust this show wouldn't automatically make Bobby a new love interest for Rogue like the movies and Ultimate universe.

Watch AoA go one step further and how Magneto and Rogue with a child like in the comics. I feel that will more or less kill Romy especially for casual audiences if there's a Rogneto child in existence so hope that part doesn't happen.

Mighty Member

Xmen 97 S01x09

This episode was mostly good but Part of it made no sense.

There is no way Wolverine with his mentallic coater skeleton can get anywhere remotely near Magneto "Master of Magnetism" let alone being able to sneak up behind Magneto to stab him.

That was rubbish writing.

U can't "blindside" a person who can detect you from miles away before u even reach his line of sight.

Even when Wolverine landed on that asteroid... Magneto could have EASILY magnetized Wolverine to the floor.

During that same fight showed Magneto making several omni-directional magnetic force bursts..... And yet none of that affected Wolverine?

How?!?

Magneto did NOT and does NOT need to see Wolverine to know where he is.

Even with Wolverine was cloaked on some type of invisibility.... Magneto would still detect the adamanatium in Wolverine ESPECIALLY because of its very unique alloy.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Xmen 97 S01x09

This episode was mostly good but Part of it made no sense.

There is no way Wolverine with his mentallic coater skeleton can get anywhere remotely near Magneto "Master of Magnetism" let alone being able to sneak up behind Magneto to stab him.

That was rubbish writing.

U can't "blindside" a person who can detect you from miles away before u even reach his line of sight.

Even when Wolverine landed on that asteroid... Magneto could have EASILY magnetized Wolverine to the floor.

During that same fight showed Magneto making several omni-directional magnetic force bursts..... And yet none of that affected Wolverine?

How?!?

Magneto did NOT and does NOT need to see Wolverine to know where he is.

Even with Wolverine was cloaked on some type of invisibility.... Magneto would still detect the adamanatium in Wolverine ESPECIALLY because of its very unique alloy.
    I don’t think Magneto is an automatic metal detector. It’s not like telepathy (but sensing metal instead of minds). Could be wrong, but I believe he has to concentrate to sense and manipulate the metal around him. And to be fair he was a bit distracted by everything going on in that moment.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    UXM will definitely give us the scenes between Rogue and Kurt that we've been missing out on.

I would love for that to be the vehicle to bring Bobby back onto the show. Loved his friendship with Rogue and their road trip. And since this is Beau's writing, I trust this show wouldn't automatically make Bobby a new love interest for Rogue like the movies and Ultimate universe.

Watch AoA go one step further and how Magneto and Rogue with a child like in the comics. I feel that will more or less kill Romy especially for casual audiences if there's a Rogneto child in existence so hope that part doesn't happen.
    Nah, I doubt Iceman would at all be her love interest if introduced. Disney+ was okay with having a non-binary Morph, I'm sure Iceman would either be strongly hinted at being gay or perhaps even be out at this point. Either way, they'd be platonic friends.

Some of Beau De Mayo's twts have been frightening in that regard. He switches between praising Rogue and Gambit's relationship, to liking tweets about Charles Lenhnserr and AOA...

Anyway De Mayo has also provided some context about Magneto's plan in EP 9. It's not actually about killing the ozone layer like a lot of people assumed, he just wants to send humanity back to the stone-age and keep the black-out going indefinitely. Still a bad situation, but much less horrible than the X-Men were making it out to seem in terms of urgency.
    https://twitter.com/mar7424/status/1788731903605907883
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 05-10-2024 at 07:42 AM.

Nah, I doubt Iceman would at all be her love interest if introduced. Disney+ was okay with having a non-binary Morph, I'm sure Iceman would either be strongly hinted at being gay or perhaps even be out at this point. Either way, they'd be platonic friends.

Some Beau De Mayo's twts have been frightening in that regard. He switches between praising Rogue and Gambit's relationship, to liking tweets about Charles Lenhnserr and AOA...

Anyway De Mayo has also provided some context about Magneto's plan in EP 9. It's not actually about killing the ozone layer like a lot of people assumed, he just wants to send humanity back to the stone-age and keep the black-out going indefinitely. Still a bad situation, but much less horrible than the X-Men were making it out to seem in terms of urgency.
    https://twitter.com/mar7424/status/1788731903605907883
    To be honest I think even most Mutants would be like "I'd rather live in a world that hates and fears me rather than go back to the stone age."

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

And then it suddenly occurred to me that when Charles had Magneto under control, Cyclops could have just told Charles to wait a little longer to reverse the poles instead of shooting him, freeing Magneto, and getting Wolverine mutilated.

This is why Storm should be in charge.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    And then it suddenly occurred to me that when Charles had Magneto under control, Cyclops could have just told Charles to wait a little longer to reverse the poles instead of shooting him, freeing Magneto, and getting Wolverine mutilated.

Yeah I watched the episode twice and I still don’t understand why he needed to do that. Don’t they have two separate goals that don’t hinge on each other? The faster they deal with Mags, the quicker they get back to help Gold Team. Also annoying that they brought in the Fox “the helmet blocks telepathy” thing with no explanation lol. Continuity never meant too much for the merry mutants so I’ll let it go lol.

This show is way too shy with cameos when compared with the original. They made a big point of showing dead Dazzler, Marrow, Banshee etc but couldn’t throw in some new Acolytes for Asteroid M? Would have made the whole Blue Team scene make way more sense and raise the stakes. Magneto waiting until he was STABBED to manipulate Wolverine is beyond hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowbox View Post
    Yeah I watched the episode twice and I still don’t understand why he needed to do that. Don’t they have two separate goals that don’t hinge on each other? The faster they deal with Mags, the quicker they get back to help Gold Team. Also annoying that they brought in the Fox “the helmet blocks telepathy” thing with no explanation lol. Continuity never meant too much for the merry mutants so I’ll let it go lol.

This show is way too shy with cameos when compared with the original. They made a big point of showing dead Dazzler, Marrow, Banshee etc but couldn’t throw in some new Acolytes for Asteroid M? Would have made the whole Blue Team scene make way more sense and raise the stakes. Magneto waiting until he was STABBED to manipulate Wolverine is beyond hilarious.
    If the Acolytes were there with Rogue and Roberto, they would have stomped Blue Team.

As it is, Rogue was already holding back because no way does Wolverine hold her off that long.

If the Acolytes were there with Rogue and Roberto, they would have stomped Blue Team.

As it is, Rogue was already holding back because no way does Wolverine hold her off that long.
    Which made no sense. I can see why SOME of them might be reasonable to see as dead for the obvious reasons.... But... we don't have any confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowbox View Post

The Helmet blocking telepathy thing was introduced in OG show in later episodes after Professor X made him relive the Hollaucost. I’m pretty sure that was the first time it was ever used…maybe even before the comics.

unless I am misremembering that…
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 05-10-2024 at 11:18 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    The Helmet blocking telepathy thing was introduced in OG show in later episodes after Professor X made him relive the Hollaucost. I’m pretty sure that was the first time it was ever used…maybe even before the comics.

unless I am misremembering that…
    You’re misremembering slightly. Xavier was able to make Erik relive the memories with his helmet on. The helmet serving as an anti-telepathy device was introduced in the first film. I’m fine with it being a thing, just wish a line was thrown at it. This season really should all be 45 mins each to make up for the short episode count lol.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post

Which is why all the characters are being character assassinated. Disney wants Storm to lead not Scott. The whole point of the show is to show only Storm is the true leader. The shows only purpose is to set up Storm for the MCU. Your comment just proved why this show is the way ot is, so you think o only Storm is capable. Doesn't help Demayo said Storm returns signifies the return of "wisdom and grace". Because that's the way the show is being pushed. All this happened because Storn wasn't there and she will ve the one to fix this

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Which is why all the characters are being character assassinated. Disney wants Storm to lead not Scott. The whole point of the show is to show only Storm is the true leader. The shows only purpose is to set up Storm for the MCU. Your comment just proved why this show is the way ot is, so you think o only Storm is capable. Doesn't help Demayo said Storm returns signifies the return of "wisdom and grace". Because that's the way the show is being pushed. All this happened because Storn wasn't there and she will ve the one to fix this
    I can't wait for Storm to rise from the waters next episode and SMITE ALL THE SENTINELS!!!!

That said, Scott's had a great run this season, even if some of his leadership choices weren't great. I like seeing both of them thrive, but he and Jean certainly got more of the spotlight this season, so it should be Storm's turn next time.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Storm has been awesome this season but they haven't really shown off her leadership qualities, I think?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I can't wait for Storm to rise from the waters next episode and SMITE ALL THE SENTINELS!!!!

That said, Scott's had a great run this season, even if some of his leadership choices weren't great. I like seeing both of them thrive, but he and Jean certainly got more of the spotlight this season, so it should be Storm's turn next time.
    I think Scott only getting a spotlight just so he can be moved I'd the storyline for most male characters in this show. Including Gambit and wolverine
    Last edited by Gripstir; 05-10-2024 at 11:33 AM.