Page 353 of 385 FirstFirst ... 253303343349350351352353354355356357363 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,295 of 5774

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Did Charles crash his ship because Magneto unleashed his EMP as Charles got to Earth’s orbit?

Imagine all the other plane crashes around the world?
    That's how I interpreted it. That EMP should have caused widespread chaos. We'll have to see the exact extent tomorrow. I was noticing in the aftermath, the wrought iron fences around the mansion were still fine, and other exposed metals. Supposedly in an extreme solar flare type EMP, such metals would vaporize or at least partially melt, so maybe Magneto was more precise in his effect. One would think intergalactic spaceships would be able to tank EMP's given that stars and other phenomena in space would also emit them, but whatever. It's comic book science.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Wouldn't it be more like a global power outage? Places like hospitals or power stations with backup generators would be fine, no? (I don't really understand these things to be honest.)
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

And I think that's why Wolverine said that Magneto "finally did it" with the global EMP and declared war... not to Bastion, because he had already declared it himself, but to the world who would have been effectively crippled.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Wouldn't it be more like a global power outage? Places like hospitals or power stations with backup generators would be fine, no? (I don't really understand these things to be honest.)
    I'm going to try to make this as plain as possible, but I'mma give you a book.

EMPs damage electrical circuits via electrical induction. It's the same principle used for wireless power transfers. BUT... the catch is volume. It's such a massive amount it induces electrical currents in anything metal that absorbs the energy. Volume of energy absorbed determines the volume of electrical energy created this way. This can cause damage to electronics by causing a temporary condition with excess current in the device. For electronics this can blow fuses or trip circuit breakers by overloading circuits.... or... cause circuits to overheat and melt. Thing is... the scale of EMP needed to fry all electronics on Earth... would melt the entire polar ice cap on whichever pole Magneto unleashed it on. The energy emission level would heat the air to hundreds of degrees. But... at the South Pole... you'd barely notice. It's not able to affect the entire globe as a whole.

Classic EMPs in real-world experience... are usually either... caused by solar flares, or if man-made.. only powerful enough to affect a small area.

Which is part of why I'm gonna say he didn't kill all the Sentinels. You need to invoke a ridiculous amount of "comic book physics" to have an emp strong enough to affect the entire globe... and not utterly cook the entire northern hemisphere.

New clip shows Cyclops, Jean and Storm in their Giant-Size X-Men uniformes, plus Wolverine in his brown and tan look and Morph in his AoA costume. We see Rogue hooded green costume on display, but she's still missing.

https://twitter.com/XMenUpdate/statu...81260704301063
    Last edited by Hi-Fi; 05-07-2024 at 09:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I'm going to try to make this as plain as possible, but I'mma give you a book.

EMPs damage electrical circuits via electrical induction. It's the same principle used for wireless power transfers. BUT... the catch is volume. It's such a massive amount it induces electrical currents in anything metal that absorbs the energy. Volume of energy absorbed determines the volume of electrical energy created this way. This can cause damage to electronics by causing a temporary condition with excess current in the device. For electronics this can blow fuses or trip circuit breakers by overloading circuits.... or... cause circuits to overheat and melt. Thing is... the scale of EMP needed to fry all electronics on Earth... would melt the entire polar ice cap on whichever pole Magneto unleashed it on. The energy emission level would heat the air to hundreds of degrees. But... at the South Pole... you'd barely notice. It's not able to affect the entire globe as a whole.

Classic EMPs in real-world experience... are usually either... caused by solar flares, or if man-made.. only powerful enough to affect a small area.

Which is part of why I'm gonna say he didn't kill all the Sentinels. You need to invoke a ridiculous amount of "comic book physics" to have an emp strong enough to affect the entire globe... and not utterly cook the entire northern hemisphere.
    I mean, if we see it went as far as where Jubilee and Sunspot were in Brazil, as well as Bastian’s hometown and in New York.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    New clip shows Cyclops, Jean and Storm in their Giant-Size X-Men uniformes, plus Wolverine in his brown and tan look and Morph in his AoA costume. We see Rogue hooded green costume on display, but she's still missing.

Hmm so the new uniforms are actually their old uniforms? I support this, it will be interesting to see these classic looks in a modern show.

Wow, they really are scaling everybody back to their 70's/80's costumes. Which apparently they used to wear (including Storm and Wolverine).

Oh look, the Marvel Girl costume is back .

Trish Tilby lives!

I guess Roberto bails rather than help the X-Men.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Ugh. Cyclops wearing a head condom again lol

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wow, they really are scaling everybody back to their 70's/80's costumes. Which apparently they used to wear (including Storm and Wolverine).

Oh look, the Marvel Girl costume is back .

Trish Tilby lives!

I guess Roberto bails rather than help the X-Men.
    I wonder if they'll explain it away as the mansion, and therefore their regular costumes, having been destroyed, so they had to make do with their old uniforms that they had stashed away, uh, somewhere else?

All they need is Colossus to replace Cable and they can rename the show X-Men 87.

Hmm, I wonder if it's just for the finale. I doubt they'll put Jean in her Marvel Girl costume permanently.

Cool. Better than the fox-men/morrison leather suits I thought they'd be in

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Ugh. Cyclops wearing a head condom again lol
    I never thought of it that way before lol
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I wonder if they'll explain it away as the mansion, and therefore their regular costumes, having been destroyed, so they had to make do with their old uniforms that they had stashed away, uh, somewhere else?
    That makes sense.
    Is Morph’s costume closer to the AoA Morph’s?