Page 360 of 394 FirstFirst ... 260310350356357358359360361362363364370 ... LastLast
Results 5,386 to 5,400 of 5903

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I did. Did anyone else notice the numbers on the card? The number is actually a date. 9/7/1982. This the release date of Marvel Graphic Novel #4. The New Mutants. This is where the New Mutants and Sunspot specificity made their debut.
    HA i new they meant something, i love little easter eggs like that,
    "Goddess be Praised"

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Beau knows his audience.

I think he was confirmed dead but I can see him returning as a Horseman like Gambit. I have no idea about Thunderbird's status right now.

Given that Forge is now on the team i took that as he's now the team's Resident Native, and the Chance of Thunderbird coming back crawled right back into the grave with him and died, never understood why he got the short end of the stick, he's been dead for so long,
    "Goddess be Praised"

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    The ironic thing is that Synch's Gala outfit looks more like a costume than many of the other ones that were turned into costumes.

Kitty had basically the exact same Revolution era costume as Rogue but in blue/yellow instead of green/yellow. But I never thought it suited Kitty as well as it did Rogue.

Her House of M costume is okay for me but I'm not a fan of the boots there. Too bulky. I've noticed it's a very popular look with Nightcrawler because it keeps showing up in games for him. I've never seen Rogue get it in any video game though. The color scheme is a nice change from Rogue's usual though and I liked her hairstyle there. Like you said, very Annie Oakley. You could swap out those boots for cowgirl boots and throw in a hat and it wouldn't look off.
    Exactly, not sure why they didn't use it. It's a perfect costume for him, even has similarities to his Gen X outfit.

Yea the boots can go, I mostly love the hairstyle, jacket and color scheme. Also loved the open jacket variant of it but probably would need to cover up more if Rogue is still struggling a bit with her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb
    I did. Did anyone else notice the numbers on the card? The number is actually a date. 9/7/1982. This the release date of Marvel Graphic Novel #4. The New Mutants. This is where the New Mutants and Sunspot specificity made their debut.
    Huh, that's interesting. Easter Egg or foreshadowing? Feel like they've been referencing New Mutants a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    first the costumes! what’s next the roster!? just cancel this show!!
    I think you are being sarcastic, but I am being serious. I adore the 90s uniforms as they were the very reason why I bought my first X-Men comic. To me, they become completely different characters when they are not wearing the looks I love. They already got rid of Gambit, Bishop is M.I.A., Nightcrawler just joined, etc. I have a bad feeling Rogue is going to be extra damaged after the trauma she has experienced, so she will probably get the disconnected, sad girl green and white hood that the comics trapped her in after the first FoX-Men movie. My excitement level for tonight’s episode just went from an 11 to about a 4 at best.
    Last edited by FlawedCoil82; 05-08-2024 at 12:48 AM.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
    Given that Forge is now on the team i took that as he's now the team's Resident Native, and the Chance of Thunderbird coming back crawled right back into the grave with him and died, never understood why he got the short end of the stick, he's been dead for so long,
    When was it established that Forge is a member of the X-Men now? I see he's joining on a mission, but he has his own team.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
    I think you are being sarcastic, but I am being serious. I adore the 90s uniforms as they were the very reason why I bought my first X-Men comic. To me, they become completely different characters when they are not wearing the looks I love.

yes because just like fans of individual characters only things like this should be called what they are. you have extreme enthusiasm for 90’s X-MEN but I don’t think you’re an overall X-MEN fan just of one era. people with that mentality act like the X-MEN begin and end from 1990-1999 and there should never be a change of any kind

but im just joking with you nothing serious
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Speaking of Rogue, it would be wild that if she does join Magneto, Carol happens to wake up.

That would be a helluva time for a rematch.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by toddcam View Post
    When was it established that Forge is a member of the X-Men now? I see he's joining on a mission, but he has his own team.
    he’d be a fool not to stick around with storm.. :-)
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by toddcam View Post
    Which he hasn't been apart of for some time now, and i never said he was an established member which Is why i said "resident" just like Bishop, he'll be around but he's not a permanent member
    "Goddess be Praised"

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Speaking of Rogue, it would be wild that if she does join Magneto, Carol happens to wake up.

That would be a helluva time for a rematch.
    The magnetic pulse Magnus sent out would be a pretty good reason to why or how she would wake, but I don't think Carol would want a rematch, last I remember there minds were intertwined and after Rouge apologized they left on
    "Somwhat good terms"
    "Goddess be Praised"

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    I'm biased as hell when it comes to the Jim Lee era. It's how I was introduced to the X-Men and the one I grew up with, so when they switch things up it always takes some adjusting for me.
    Yeah, I live for Jim Lee era X-men. Love the line-up, love the costumes--doesn't get better than that, IMO.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

I think you are being sarcastic, but I am being serious. I adore the 90s uniforms as they were the very reason why I bought my first X-Men comic. To me, they become completely different characters when they are not wearing the looks I love. They already got rid Gambit, Bishop is M.I.A., Nightcrawler just joined, etc. I have a bad feeling Rogue is going to be extra damaged after the trauma she has experienced, so she will probably get the disconnected, sad girl green and white hood that the comics trapped her in after the first FoX-Men movie. My excitement level for tonight’s episode just went from an 11 to about a 4 at best.
    Those costumes are ugly. It's time to move forward. (This is mostly joking and not meant to be taken serious. I do think they're ugly, but I respect the opinions of those who don't...kind of)

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    Those costumes are ugly. It's time to move forward. (This is mostly joking and not meant to be taken serious. I do think they're ugly, but I respect the opinions of those who don't...kind of)
    How are they “moving forward” by regressing even further into the past with the 70s uniforms?
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

How are they “moving forward” by regressing even further into the past with the 70s uniforms?
    That depends on the context. Mansion is either blown up or off limits, time to hit the old safehouse, and it even has some of the old uniforms in storage. Better than street clothes at least.

Then some actual new duds to open next season. That would easily work, I think.
    Dark does not mean deep.

On the off-chance they do keep these costumes for S2, to me that is big hint MCU is doing ANAD.

That's the only thing that makes sense to me costume-wise, because even if Jim Lee's costumes aren't my favorite there are plenty of other 90s costumes which could have been chosen instead of going to mid 70s for some of them.