Page 363 of 394 FirstFirst ... 263313353359360361362363364365366367373 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,445 of 5903

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    He feels like a real threat here.

Krakoa Sinister was clone overload and just lessen his impact.
    It's not so much the clones as it is the feeling that I can take this Sinister seriously. There is no "ooky spooky delightfully kooky" nonsense that has come to define the character. It feels like vintage Sinister.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    It's not so much the clones as it is the feeling that I can take this Sinister seriously. There is no "ooky spooky delightfully kooky" nonsense that has come to define the character. It feels like vintage Sinister.
    The thing is, Krakoa Sinister's lighthearted personality was very well received. It was a fun reinterpretation that drew a lot of attention.

Where they dropped the ball was when they retconned him into being a weakling and an idiot. Making him fun? Good. Making him dumb and ineffectual? Come oooooon.

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

I am really enjoying X'97. Whilst I am a bit miffed about Gambit being killed off half way through, this series has had me back and engaged with the franchise and community in a way that I haven't been for about a decade.

I seriously hope they continue with the weekly episodes and don't do a full series drop going forward. I think it would cheapen the experience.
    L'Enfer !

I know Rogue obviously coming back to the team, but I wonder if her story arc for next season will be her trying to earn back their trust(Wolverine especially). This could be a callback to the 80s when Logan was distrustful of her and she does something to get back in his good graces. I feel like that Silver Samurai cameo served more than a purpose than to just show how far Magneto's EMP attack reached and was more of a tease of things to come. I'm thinking Mariko and Viper will be introduced next season and we know what role Rogue played in that story.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Why didn't Wolverine stab Magneto multiple times? Is he stupid or something?
    I wouldnt have thought to stab him multiple times. That one stab looked fatal enough and would have been under normal circumstance

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I wouldnt have thought to stab him multiple times. That one stab looked fatal enough and would have been under normal circumstance

Although old, Magnus was still in pretty good shape, an age-old burning Vengence and having Rouge as a bedfellow would definitely make a person live longer, and i remember in the old show that the earth's magnetic field could heal him,
    "Goddess be Praised"

Charles can’t use his powers if magneto is dead
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    I wish they had more episodes to tell these stories in like 16 or 20 episodes and not have to cram so much into each episode. It really doesn't let these things breathe. But man the writing of this show, in spite of the speed walking through X-Men history, is superb. They have injected a ton of politics into this and philosophy and I absolutely love it. My only problem is because they are running through it, the message can get lost and go completely over some people's heads. Especially the bigots.
    Disney would need to pump money into it to have more than 10 episodes, or it will end up like how WB treated Young Justice seasons 3 and 4 especially where they had to use lots of tricks to avoid having to animate.

As far as the message being lost on bigots...it was going to go over their heads regardless. X-Cutioner's rant in episode 2 being almost word for word quotes by them. The only way for them to understand it if they LITTERALY spell things out (i'e. replace the word "normal" with something like "white" or "straight", etc) and then they'll double down on their beliefs and call the show "woke".

He kind of did.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    He feels like a real threat here.

Krakoa Sinister was clone overload and just lessen his impact.
    I don't even remember the last time I saw Sinister really fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I know Rogue obviously coming back to the team, but I wonder if her story arc for next season will be her trying to earn back their trust(Wolverine especially). This could be a callback to the 80s when Logan was distrustful of her and she does something to get back in his good graces. I feel like that Silver Samurai cameo served more than a purpose than to just show how far Magneto's EMP attack reached and was more of a tease of things to come. I'm thinking Mariko and Viper will be introduced next season and we know what role Rogue played in that story.
    I really think Rogue is going to have to be the one to stop Magneto, absorbing his powers and saving the Earth. Like she realizes he's too far gone and she's the only one who can get in close enough because of their relationship, also hearkening back to their kiss scene in Genosha.

Anyone else find Rogue extremely annoying in this series!
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    Absolutely fucking not.

After years of seeing her watered down in the movies, being goth and gloomy in other shows, it is refreshing to see her go through SO MANY EMOTIONS and watching her fly around and knocking Sentinels out with wrestling moves.

Love this era for Rogue. It warms my heart sugah.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    not annoying but her actions were extremely not X-MEN like. she needs to become a villain or something
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    not annoying but her actions were extremely not X-MEN like. she needs to become a villain or something
    I would say she’s already done that, but Magneto is not a villain

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    I would say she’s already done that, but Magneto is not a villain
    this must be how fans felt after claremont did all that development for magneto just for jim lee to revert him back “evil” so quickly. i do not like this personally they should’ve atleast beat bastion first. magneto/rogue upset me they got a lot of development this season and it’s wasted imo. sunspot is just like a wasted character slot in a fighting game. smh

other than that i really like jean grey.. i preferred madelyn until about ep 7. jean is really good fighter in this and she is being so patient with scott/cable now. hopefully she doesn’t go phoenix and tweak out personality wise.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.