View Poll Results: Would you want to see it?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 84.13%
  • No

10 15.87%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i wonder why they giving charles so much grief over this? and mags as well. charles wanted to believe that magnus could change and give scott and jean (or maddie in this case) time to live their lives away from being x-men. and it looked like mags was gonna change....
    I liked the conversation, but it's one that Charles should've had with Scott while drawing up his will. Even if Scott disagreed, he wouldn't have been blind-sided by the decision. How did Charles expect Scott would just walk away after leaving the X-Men to their greatest enemy? It's also a bit presumptuous to make that decision for Scott and Jean - it's not exactly treating them like adults. (in a funny way it just reminds me of all those "my adult child is still living at home" stories where the parent goes to extremes to get their adult child to leave the house)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 05-09-2024 at 12:52 PM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I liked the conversation, but it's one that Charles should've had with Scott while drawing up his will. Even if Scott disagreed, he wouldn't have been blind-sided by the decision. How did Charles expect Scott would just walk away after leaving the X-Men to their greatest enemy? It's also a bit presumptuous to make that decision for Scott and Jean - it's not exactly treating them like adults. (in a funny way it just reminds me of all those "my adult child is still living at home" stories where the parent goes to extremes to get their adult child to leave the house)
    to be fair, by the time the OG show had ended, mags was less of a enemy and more of a ally than anything: he saved charles multiple times during the savage land arc, helped saved the world from the phalanx invasion, resolved the original asteroid M mess when one of his own men betrayed and seemingly killed him, stop poccy lips from erasing the universe, and you know, saved charles' life after he was nearly killed. so while i agree that him blindsiding the team with the will was a bit shortsighted, leaving the school to mags was a good choice, given how he had changed since his introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    to be fair, by the time the OG show had ended, mags was less of a enemy and more of a ally than anything: he saved charles multiple times during the savage land arc, helped saved the world from the phalanx invasion, resolved the original asteroid M mess when one of his own men betrayed and seemingly killed him, stop poccy lips from erasing the universe, and you know, saved charles' life after he was nearly killed. so while i agree that him blindsiding the team with the will was a bit shortsighted, leaving the school to mags was a good choice, given how he had changed since his introduction.
    Ah, okay. I didn't watch the last series so his decision does make more sense on that level.