View Poll Results: Would you want to see it?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 84.13%
  • No

10 15.87%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    * I get why Storm would be touchy about the idea of permanently depowering someone given her own experience, but surely she must see how dangerous it is to leave even the possibility of Bastion causing problems with his powers in the future.
    Isn't that the dilemma of all heroes? How willing are you to cross lines to stop a threat? I mean, killing him would be easier than depowering him after all, why wouldn't the X-Men just do that all the time? (you know, because of "the possibility" as you say) Might as well join the FOH to kill mutants who might "possibly" cause problems?
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 05-10-2024 at 03:47 AM.

Mighty Member

Xmen 97 S01x09

This episode was mostly good but Part of it made no sense.

There is no way Wolverine with his mentallic coater skeleton can get anywhere remotely near Magneto "Master of Magnetism" let alone being able to sneak up behind Magneto to stab him.

That was rubbish writing.

U can't "blindside" a person who can detect you from miles away before u even reach his line of sight.

Even when Wolverine landed on that asteroid... Magneto could have EASILY magnetized Wolverine to the floor.

During that same fight showed Magneto making several omni-directional magnetic force bursts..... And yet none of that affected Wolverine?

How?!?

Magneto did NOT and does NOT need to see Wolverine to know where he is.

Even with Wolverine was cloaked on some type of invisibility.... Magneto would still detect the adamanatium in Wolverine ESPECIALLY because of its very unique alloy.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Xmen 97 S01x09

There is no way Wolverine with his mentallic coater skeleton can get anywhere remotely near Magneto "Master of Magnetism" let alone being able to sneak up behind Magneto to stab him.

U can't "blindside" a person who can detect you from miles away before u even reach his line of sight.

Even when Wolverine landed on that asteroid... Magneto could have EASILY magnetized Wolverine to the floor.

During that same fight showed Magneto making several omni-directional magnetic force bursts..... And yet none of that affected Wolverine?

How?!?

Even with Wolverine was cloaked on some type of invisibility.... Magneto would still detect the adamanatium in Wolverine ESPECIALLY because of its very unique alloy.
    ... right, Magneto can sense where Wolverine is, even without looking in his direction. Of course, given that his powers are Omega (ridiculous) level, no doubt Mags can also sense where any living system (like a person) is, because our brains make electricity.

So yeah, of course he knew Wolverine was part of the team on Asteroid M. He'd also known and worked with, lived with and fought both against then along side Logan over a long length of time. In other words, while the metal skeleton would certainly be unique, on a subconscious level, Magneto would not be used to paying any more attention to Logan's presence (metal skeleton or not) than anyone else's. Wolverine basically was Just a Dude to Mags on a mental level, at this point. And you don't expect Just a Dude to put knives through you; you know, they never did for the years and years of your being around them, prior to this. Not even in a fight.

Last, and kind of importantly -- you think maybe Magneto had a lot of things on his mind, at that time? Sure, in hindsight, easy to say you should probably pay the most attention to the guy who has knives in his arms, but again, that guy never ever stabbed you before.

In fact, I will watch the fight again, but wasn't it Wolverine who got close enough to physically take the helmet off? Because that would be yet another time Just a Dude did not suddenly try to kill you. So the surprise was not that Logan was able to get close to Magneto, but that he actually stabbed him.

Like, how many actual humans have we seen (cartoon) Logan actually stab, for all of the gruffness? Robot and monsters I'm sure he goes all out on, but without having watched most of the OG series, going to go out on a limb and guess this might be the first time he's actually stabbed a person. Unless they let him get a shot at someone like Apocalypse or Sabertooth, who we know is easily going to survive it.

Really, on a character level, it totally makes sense that Magneto wouldn't see that coming. He'd just been Wolverine's ally for the longest time. Wolverine was ultimate a fellow mutant; in Mags' mind, he is actually doing this for all of them, even if the others are confused by Charles' peace-mongering. He probably felt, on some level, you'll really kill me over petty humans?

As punishment I'll rip the metal out of you. That'll learn ya.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Spectacular Member

Xmen 97 S01x09

How?!?

Well.... there are so many unbelievable things in the X-men that people can focus on, or just enjoy the story without nitpicking everything and go with it? Just a suggestion.

Xmen 97 S01x09

How?!?

Actually, it's good writing. Story 101 drama trumps logic. The Audience will overlook minor illogical choices if it helps to craft a good story which this did. I mean going with your sentiment why doesn't Magneto just toss Wolverine a few blocks every time they meet? Or why doesn't Charles find every supervillain on Earth using Cerebro and put them to sleep and tell the Avengers, Fantastic Four, FBI, CIA, Interpool, Scotland Yard etc where to find the evil sleeping beauties so they can be taken in? Wouldn't this foster into good will towards mutants? Well, he doesn't do it because no Supervillains kills the drama for the Marvel Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Isn't that the dilemma of all heroes? How willing are you to cross lines to stop a threat? I mean, killing him would be easier than depowering him after all, why wouldn't the X-Men just do that all the time? (you know, because of "the possibility" as you say) Might as well join the FOH to kill mutants who might "possibly" cause problems?
    It does make me wonder if Bastion survives the season because it seems like the plan is to take him alive but I feel like he might still bite it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It does make me wonder if Bastion survives the season because it seems like the plan is to take him alive but I feel like he might still bite it.
    I don't think he can "die" but I do hope that they move on and do a big bad of each season.

Since we're thinking the path we're on is leading to Onslaught, maybe for this version of Onslaught is a combination of Magneto, Charles and Bastion...? (not sure if that makes sense, it just popped in my head)

I guess we'll have to see how this goes and leads into a season 2.

I'm not interested in Onslaught since that normally means that the heroes reborn world gets made, and, since this is an X-Men exclusive show, I'm not sure it's worth exploring if the producers don't have the rights to use a bunch of non-X-Men world characters.

I still want to see a bunch of folks who have either rarely or never been seen on the original 90s show.
    The rest of the 80s era New Mutants team. Including folks like Skids.
    Iceman. Firestar.
    newer characters like Eden Fesi.
    folks whose followings have become more prominent since their original introduction like Frenzy and Synch.

If Laura/X-23 shows up, I hope they leave it at that. Adding all the other Wolverine kids/clones is going to get too complicated unless they commission a Wolverine solo animated series. Which should hopefully be on the table.

Blue and Gold! We get two X-Men teams off fighting two very different threats. I liked how they balanced the teams and how they had to delay defeating Magneto until Bastion was taken care of. But that ended up having significant consequences.

I guess even after turning her into a Prime Sentinel, Bastion still loved his mother. Maybe he really thinks turning them into killer robots is the best thing for humanity now. But the tragic irony is that if Professor Xavier had had a chance to mentor Bastion's abilities, instead of his mom trying to make him feel so "normal" and closed off, maybe he wouldn't have ended up like this.
    That is pretty sad. Hmm, is Bastion this show's version of Danger?

So with Moira dead (glad Charles acknowledged that) what will be done with Muir Island? Is that going to be the X-Men's base moving forward with the mansion destroyed?
    That would be a cool way to change things up for next season.

Anyone who knows their comic history knew what was going to happen the moment they confirmed Wolverine was on the away team to Asteroid M, but they finally adapt one of the most iconic moments in comics...Wolverine stabbing Magneto (!!!) and Magneto ripping the adamantium out of his skin. Are we going to get bone claws Wolverine next week?
    Maybe not next week, but that could be a teaser for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I'm more concerned with why Wolverine never considered getting his metal yanked out of him was an option for a pissed-off master of magnetism.
    He probably figured he was no more at risk than anyone else fighting Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Oh I agree, they're being unfair to both and acting like the context for both's actions don't count as mitigating circumstances. But I just chalk it up to can't have to many greys too long in shows like this, back to black and white.
    But they can have a lot of Grey-Summers in shows like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    Like, how many actual humans have we seen (cartoon) Logan actually stab, for all of the gruffness? Robot and monsters I'm sure he goes all out on, but without having watched most of the OG series, going to go out on a limb and guess this might be the first time he's actually stabbed a person. Unless they let him get a shot at someone like Apocalypse or Sabertooth, who we know is easily going to survive it.
    Yeah, first time he's been successful, but he does try it a lot. In Juggernaut's first episode, Wolverine went straight for Juggy's eyes.

Has Magneto EVER shown that he can detect Wolverine without seeing him? I know Magneto can control metal, but I've never seen him show the ability to Detect Metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Has Magneto EVER shown that he can detect Wolverine without seeing him? I know Magneto can control metal, but I've never seen him show the ability to Detect Metal.
    If he could he probably would have stopped Logan before he got stabbed from behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Ian MacKellan did it in X2. TBH comic writers pretty much write any old shit to justify one-off feats they need the characters to do for the story, like Magneto hypnotising people with his “magnetic personality”, or he can generate holograms now because light is Electro-magnetic waves and they have “magnetic” in their name.