Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
How so? Doomsday Clock specifically showed Clark being Superboy in Smallville as a teenager and Bendis's LSH specifically referenced Clark as Superboy.
Yep, this right here. Clark being Superboy is precisely the reason the Kent's survived the crash. In Dr. Manhattan's altered reality, Clark wasn't Superboy because there were no examples to emulate. No stories for Pa Kent to tell his son to make him feel better, so Clark got the "keep yourself hidden" speech and the Kent's died. When Manhattan returned the lantern to Alan Scott's reach, Pa Kent then had hopeful stories about mystery men & heroes, and encouraged Clark to use his gifts. Thus, when the accident happens, Superboy is there to stop the truck & save the day.

I didn't read Bendis' LSH, but I did read his Superman and there's nothing there to suggest that Clark's time as Superboy had been altered from what Doomsday Clock showed us. I believe (I could be wrong) that Saturn Girl disappeared in Doomsday Clock because she was a Saturn Girl of the future that had been altered by Manhattan. Once things were 'fixed', she ceased to be & was replaced by the current one.