Page 84 of 86 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586 LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1278
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Zdarsky had Damian defend Bruce lobotomizing Jason, imprisoning former villains who wanted to redeem themselves and in general Zur setting up an authoritarian regime in Gotham. He had him reject other characters telling him this (obviously) isn't Bruce by yelling about how his father can finally do what he was meant to do now the others aren't holding him back anymore and has him weirdly pleased that it's just him and his father now.
    While Tim gets treated like a perfect angel and the only one who helps Bruce.
    Come on. We all see what Zdarsky is doing here.

Even if Damian figured it out in the end, he was the last one to figure out the obvious, he aided the villain and now he's being held hostage by Zur by his own fault until the "good" Batman and Robin free him. And if they have to sacrifice anything to rescue him Damian is going to be blamed for it.
    Damian fans have every right to be angry.
    Summed it up perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    There's a huge difference between a short story, where Damian outsmarts Tim in pretty much comedic way (and if that happened here in a similar way, I wouldn't be annoyed), and a story, where Damian is wriiten as bad as possible, so Tim can be elevated. Williamson has never done something like that.
    Once again, it's not about Zdarsky liking Tim, it's about the way he's showing it.
    Yeah, Zdarsky liking Tim is 100% fine! Tim has no book right now, Damian has a book dedicated to his relationship with Bruce/Batman. If he wants to use Tim that's absolutely legit!
    But maybe don't use the other Robin as a complete dumbass who doesn't see that the evil robot isn't his father, make him defend evil methods and then put him in a situation where he needs to be saved from his poor choices by the "good" Robin.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I just want a new writer for Batman. I was excited for Zdarsky at first, but his run has been nothing but a disappointment for me.
    It's had its moments with me but it's my least favourite Chip Zdarsky run having read Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man, Life Story, Daredevil and Batman: Urban Legends.

The only Robins Zdarsky consistently writes well are Dick and Tim.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    It's had its moments with me but it's my least favourite Chip Zdarsky run having read Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man, Life Story, Daredevil and Batman: Urban Legends.
    Zdarsky is one of the best Spider-Man writers, and it's a shame, that writing ASM seems to be a nightmare scenario for him.
    As a Batman writer, unfortunately, it's the other way around.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Maybe Zdarsky is a Tim fan... I know I am but I can't appreciate anything of this convoluted and awful run.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    It feels like the main Batman ongoing is cursed like over on Amazing Spider-Man.

Writers giving weak as Hell material despite being capable of being way better. Its like there's a curse going on.
    I feel like it might be time for Batman to return to the basics.

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Maybe Zdarsky is a Tim fan... I know I am but I can't appreciate anything of this convoluted and awful run.
    Zdarsky is a very open Tim fan. But unlike Tynion, who was also open about his love for Tim and dislike for Damian, Zdarsky is shameless about his favouritism in his writing.
    Tynion even wrote a pretty good Damian if he had to use him and when not he had the grace to simply ignore him and not badmouth Damian.
    Even if editorial did tell Zdarsky to use Damian, WHICH I DOUBT, this is not good for anyone.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Tynion even wrote a pretty good Damian if he had to use him and when not he had the grace to simply ignore him and not badmouth Damian.
    Unfortunatly most writers these days seem not be able to do that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    There's a huge difference between a short story, where Damian outsmarts Tim in pretty much comedic way (and if that happened here in a similar way, I wouldn't be annoyed), and a story, where Damian is wriiten as bad as possible, so Tim can be elevated. Williamson has never done something like that.
    Out smarting is what he did with Jason in that issue, Tim and Steph where just easily taken out by him.

And yeah it is really comparable with what is doing Zdarsky now, but if you these small things frequently and it mostly goes in favour of one character it is also damaging imo. And there have been eras in the past, where there was imo clear tendency of the writers to treat Jason and Tim as the lesser Robins.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Out smarting is what he did with Jason in that issue, Tim and Steph where just easily taken out by him.

And yeah it is really comparable with what is doing Zdarsky now, but if you these small things frequently and it mostly goes in favour of one character it is also damaging imo. And there have been eras in the past, where there was imo clear tendency of the writers to treat Jason and Tim as the lesser Robins.
    Give me one example where A writer did to Tim anything comparable what Zdarsky did to Damian just in order to elevate Damian.

Just one example where not only outsmarting was shown to be detrimental to batman and wrong for the role.

Remember Chip also gave us Tim taking out Damian and Tim telling us that All Damian does with Batman is fight him and all Tim does is save him.

Show me the Damian writer that gave us scenes that framed Damian like tim is framed here

While Tim is written as negatively as a contrast.

I'm not asking for two just one example that's comparable is all I ask.
    Last edited by dietrich; 05-09-2024 at 12:21 PM.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Batman wore the yellow symbol before the CoIE though. And I believe in Earth-Prime history, Batman and Superman were JLA founding members weren't they?
    Isn't the Batman from before COIE a totally different character? Isn't that Earth 2 Batman?

And wouldn't that have been E2 Batman who founded the JLA with Barry, assuming that happened before COIE?

I'm very confused by all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    Isn't the Batman from before COIE a totally different character? Isn't that Earth 2 Batman?

And wouldn't that have been E2 Batman who founded the JLA with Barry, assuming that happened before COIE?

I'm very confused by all of this.
    No, you're incorrect.

Earth-2 Batman is basically the Golden Age Batman who died.
    Silver Age Batman is the one that was there during COIE.

It's better explained here: https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Batman_Origins
    Last edited by Drako; 05-09-2024 at 02:00 PM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I feel like it might be time for Batman to return to the basics.
    When was the last time we really had a really back-to-basics Batman run?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    When was the last time we really had a really back-to-basics Batman run?
    Depends on what you mean by "back-to-basics." The definition may vary from person to person.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.