Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    We don't see Williamson in Batman and Robin talking about the other Robins in a bad way to uplift Damian.
    Not at the moment, but there have definitely been some issues in other Damian led books where Tim got imo pretty poorly treated, issue #5 of Williamson's Robin series would the most recent example I can think of (even if that is not nearly as bad as what they are currently doing in Batman).

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Not at the moment, but there have definitely been some issues in other Damian led books where Tim got imo pretty poorly treated, issue #5 of Williamson's Robin series would the most recent example I can think of (even if that is not nearly as bad as what they are currently doing in Batman).
    Poorly treated? He got put out by a trap Damian set and in his conversation with Jason Damian praises Tim for being the smartest of them. You can't seriously think this is anywhere near comparable

Like, I'm sorry, but Tim fans, please tell me in what Damian story Tim was made a despicable person, a person clearly in the wrong or so damn stupid its almost a crime just to make Damian look good.
    I doubt there is one.
    But stories where everyone else gets written badly just so Tim can be "the best"? There are tons of that.
    Oh yeah, of course Robin was just a thrill for Dick. It's not like he invented it and like it was about avenging the murder of his parents. Jason? Of course it was just a game to him and he was totally at fault for getting murdered by the Joker. Damian? What a dumb brat, trying to get away from the way he was raised and craving a relationship with his emotionally distant and generally lauded father.

Of course Tim is the best, the poor emotional crutch that probably would have been better off not becoming a hero at all considering how much he lost because of it.

Astonishing Member

There's a huge difference between a short story, where Damian outsmarts Tim in pretty much comedic way (and if that happened here in a similar way, I wouldn't be annoyed), and a story, where Damian is wriiten as bad as possible, so Tim can be elevated. Williamson has never done something like that.
    Once again, it's not about Zdarsky liking Tim, it's about the way he's showing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    There's a huge difference between a short story, where Damian outsmarts Tim in pretty much comedic way (and if that happened here in a similar way, I wouldn't be annoyed), and a story, where Damian is wriiten as bad as possible, so Tim can be elevated. Williamson has never done something like that.
    Once again, it's not about Zdarsky liking Tim, it's about the way he's showing it.
    Yeah, Zdarsky liking Tim is 100% fine! Tim has no book right now, Damian has a book dedicated to his relationship with Bruce/Batman. If he wants to use Tim that's absolutely legit!
    But maybe don't use the other Robin as a complete dumbass who doesn't see that the evil robot isn't his father, make him defend evil methods and then put him in a situation where he needs to be saved from his poor choices by the "good" Robin.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Out smarting is what he did with Jason in that issue, Tim and Steph where just easily taken out by him.

And yeah it is really comparable with what is doing Zdarsky now, but if you these small things frequently and it mostly goes in favour of one character it is also damaging imo. And there have been eras in the past, where there was imo clear tendency of the writers to treat Jason and Tim as the lesser Robins.

Out smarting is what he did with Jason in that issue, Tim and Steph where just easily taken out by him.

And yeah it is really comparable with what is doing Zdarsky now, but if you these small things frequently and it mostly goes in favour of one character it is also damaging imo. And there have been eras in the past, where there was imo clear tendency of the writers to treat Jason and Tim as the lesser Robins.
    Give me one example where A writer did to Tim anything comparable what Zdarsky did to Damian just in order to elevate Damian.

Just one example where not only outsmarting was shown to be detrimental to batman and wrong for the role.

Remember Chip also gave us Tim taking out Damian and Tim telling us that All Damian does with Batman is fight him and all Tim does is save him.

Show me the Damian writer that gave us scenes that framed Damian like tim is framed here

While Tim is written as negatively as a contrast.

I'm not asking for two just one example that's comparable is all I ask.
    Last edited by dietrich; 05-09-2024 at 12:21 PM.