Page 81 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3171777879808182838485 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1278

Still boring.
    And I wish somebody told Zdarsky, that if he hates a certain character, he's not obligated to write him.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

What's worse is this is supposed to be something he made up on the fly using spare parts that have been discarded in a disused JL base and assembled in a mothballed cabin. You'd expect a more back to basics look under that situation...not this.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Still boring.
    And I wish somebody told Zdarsky, that if he hates a certain character, he's not obligated to write him.
    I bet he wish he could but you can’t write activity like this and not explain where Damian esp since it’s crossing into a mainline event. So if he has to write Damian he’s gonna clearly do it begrudgingly

Wait. Who is the Zur Robin?
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

It's funny how much Zdarsky obviously wants to write Batman and Robin as Bruce and Tim when we have in another universe a Batman and Robin book with Bruce and Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I bet he wish he could but you can’t write activity like this and not explain where Damian esp since it’s crossing into a mainline event. So if he has to write Damian he’s gonna clearly do it begrudgingly
    Of course he can. There where lots of events in the past where Damian and other batfamily members didn't show up even though they could or even should have gotten involved.

Or if we want to reverse the situation, I still remember Bruce doing absolutely nothing and noticing nothing when Damian moved out to live with his rogue Teen Titans team in a former warehouse of Batman Damian made him abandon by faking some reports about its structural integrity, took some villains as prisoners in his secret torture chamber for at least a few weeks, did all kinds of other stupid things and felt terrible after Alfred's death, but our world's greatest detective and loving dad didn't get off his ass to get his son back or comfort him until the very last moment and the best excuse they could come up with was "oh, he's not a neglectful father, he just didn't notice anything! He's totally not a shitty father!"

World's greatest detective my ass. And don't even get me started on how messed up King's Batman's plan was in City of Bane. Sure, risk your 13-year-old son's life to get the members of the batfamily inside the manor by first having him fight Gotham Girl and then get beaten by his grandpa from an alternate timeline so he can replace Alfred as the hostage inside the manor. Bet that your crazy alternative timeline father won't have it in his heart to shoot the kid. And of course don't comfort the kid once he's heartbroken because your stupid plan got Alfred killed either. Instead try to blame him for it.

God, I just can't stand how DC keeps fucking over Damian.

Anyway, back to my main point. No, he could have left Damian out of this easily. Has happended many times. This is a choice.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Okay so Zur's masterplan sums up how insane the scale of Batman comics has become.

A robot army piloted by multiversal Zur's.

Why can't we just have Batman solving a serial killer case or a weird impossible theft?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's funny how much Zdarsky obviously wants to write Batman and Robin as Bruce and Tim when we have in another universe a Batman and Robin book with Bruce and Damian.
    It's funny how there is apparently no editor to tell him to stop fucking up the Robin that actually still seems to work no matter how much they try to fuck him over in favor of their 90s darling that doesn't seem to work anymore no matter what they try with him.

At this point there is no logical or economical reasoning for this. It's literally just nostalgia and bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    It's funny how there is apparently no editor to tell him to stop fucking up the Robin that actually still seems to work no matter how much they try to fuck him over in favor of their 90s darling that doesn't seem to work anymore no matter what they try with him.

At this point there is no logical or economical reasoning for this. It's literally just nostalgia and bias.
    The Bat office might still be looking for a editor.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Wait. Who is the Zur Robin?
    Did he build him?

I mean, I love Tim, but the creator favoritism is showing hard.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Im guessing you dont like Tim? I like him more then Damien personally. That said Bruce should have brought damken to the Cabin fir that Batman and Robin part in the newest issue
    Last edited by berserkerclaw; 05-08-2024 at 04:16 AM.
    X-Men Forever

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It’s not another universe it’s the same universe. I hate when writes purposely contradict without care

Extraordinary Member

Of course he can. There where lots of events in the past where Damian and other batfamily members didn't show up even though they could or even should have gotten involved.

Or if we want to reverse the situation, I still remember Bruce doing absolutely nothing and noticing nothing when Damian moved out to live with his rogue Teen Titans team in a former warehouse of Batman Damian made him abandon by faking some reports about its structural integrity, took some villains as prisoners in his secret torture chamber for at least a few weeks, did all kinds of other stupid things and felt terrible after Alfred's death, but our world's greatest detective and loving dad didn't get off his ass to get his son back or comfort him until the very last moment and the best excuse they could come up with was "oh, he's not a neglectful father, he just didn't notice anything! He's totally not a shitty father!"

World's greatest detective my ass. And don't even get me started on how messed up King's Batman's plan was in City of Bane. Sure, risk your 13-year-old son's life to get the members of the batfamily inside the manor by first having him fight Gotham Girl and then get beaten by his grandpa from an alternate timeline so he can replace Alfred as the hostage inside the manor. Bet that your crazy alternative timeline father won't have it in his heart to shoot the kid. And of course don't comfort the kid once he's heartbroken because your stupid plan got Alfred killed either. Instead try to blame him for it.

God, I just can't stand how DC keeps fucking over Damian.

Anyway, back to my main point. No, he could have left Damian out of this easily. Has happended many times. This is a choice.
    Damian lived with Bruce Wayne how could they ignore this send him to space ?

Can always pretend that Damian is on some solo adventure.