Page 83 of 86 FirstFirst ... 33737980818283848586 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1278

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Let's see, Damian is in Batman and Robin monthly, as well as usually the main Robin in "events." Dick has 2 books. Jason has a mini right now. Tim has squat.
    Hence why Damian fans are wanting Chip to keep using just Tim in the main title and leave Damian alone.
    The comment you were replying was requesting that Damian be left out of this cross over.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make or what you think the complaints are about but it's not what your answer implies

Damian is the current official Robin so I'm not sure why the fact that he's on Batman and Robin or being the main Robin in events is said like it's unusual.
    Tim isn't the official Robin but nobody minds him being Robin in the Batman series just leave Damian alone.

That's not too much to ask?
    Last edited by dietrich; 05-08-2024 at 06:52 PM.

What makes a Robin the official Robin?
    If Tim is the main Robin in Batman, DC's main series, how is he not the official one?

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    If Tim is the main Robin in Batman, DC's main series, how is he not the official one?
    According to Snyder he had the option to make use Duke as Robin in his run but that would have made him unofficial and secondary to Damian, WB's [Dc's] official Robin.

The official Robin is noted on DC's official website.
    The one listed as Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Hence why Damian fans are wanting Chip to keep using just Tim in the main title and leave Damian alone.
    The comment you were replying was requesting that Damian be left out of this cross over.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make or what you think the complaints are about but it's not what your answer implies

Damian is the current official Robin so I'm not sure why the fact that he's on Batman and Robin or being the main Robin in events is said like it's unusual.
    Tim isn't the official Robin but nobody minds him being Robin in the Batman series just leave Damian alone.

Damian wasn't made to look bad though? He figured it out in the end. He has parental issues and Chip leaned into it.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    Jesus! When is that flashback with Barry supposed to have taken place? Wasn't Barry trapped in the Speed Force when Batman was in his yellow symbol years?

Would it have been so hard to just show him talking to Wally?
    Batman wore the yellow symbol before the CoIE though. And I believe in Earth-Prime history, Batman and Superman were JLA founding members weren't they?
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Damian seems to be the main Robin in DC. Damian is the Robin who has Batman and Robin.

Damian is Robin in Batman too. It's true Zsdasky doesn't seem to like Damian as Robin, but that's still Damian mantle in DC's main series.
    Last edited by Konja7; 05-08-2024 at 08:22 PM.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Even toguh i prefer Tom he was Red Robin ,becayse Damien is the oficial sidekick. No matter if Chip ha d them csll bruce and tim Batman and Robin in #147
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

Exactly. I'm not complaining about Tim having a major role in the Batman book. Since Tim has no other book right now and Damian has a book with Bruce that's totally understandable.
    But why does Zdarsky have to write everyone not Tim so badly? We don't see Williamson in Batman and Robin talking about the other Robins in a bad way to uplift Damian. We didn't see the solicitation for Damian's solo say "move out of the way Tim, the best Robin is back!"
    Tim can have his stories, solo or with Bruce, I don't care. But Tim writers seriously need to stop with trying to make Tim the best by using writing everyone else worse.

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Damian wasn't made to look bad though? He figured it out in the end. He has parental issues and Chip leaned into it.
    Zdarsky had Damian defend Bruce lobotomizing Jason, imprisoning former villains who wanted to redeem themselves and in general Zur setting up an authoritarian regime in Gotham. He had him reject other characters telling him this (obviously) isn't Bruce by yelling about how his father can finally do what he was meant to do now the others aren't holding him back anymore and has him weirdly pleased that it's just him and his father now.
    While Tim gets treated like a perfect angel and the only one who helps Bruce.
    Come on. We all see what Zdarsky is doing here.

Even if Damian figured it out in the end, he was the last one to figure out the obvious, he aided the villain and now he's being held hostage by Zur by his own fault until the "good" Batman and Robin free him. And if they have to sacrifice anything to rescue him Damian is going to be blamed for it.
    Damian fans have every right to be angry.

I just want a new writer for Batman. I was excited for Zdarsky at first, but his run has been nothing but a disappointment for me.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I just want a new writer for Batman. I was excited for Zdarsky at first, but his run has been nothing but a disappointment for me.
    It feels like the main Batman ongoing is cursed like over on Amazing Spider-Man.

Writers giving weak as Hell material despite being capable of being way better. Its like there's a curse going on.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    We don't see Williamson in Batman and Robin talking about the other Robins in a bad way to uplift Damian.
    Not at the moment, but there have definitely been some issues in other Damian led books where Tim got imo pretty poorly treated, issue #5 of Williamson's Robin series would the most recent example I can think of (even if that is not nearly as bad as what they are currently doing in Batman).

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Not at the moment, but there have definitely been some issues in other Damian led books where Tim got imo pretty poorly treated, issue #5 of Williamson's Robin series would the most recent example I can think of (even if that is not nearly as bad as what they are currently doing in Batman).
    Poorly treated? He got put out by a trap Damian set and in his conversation with Jason Damian praises Tim for being the smartest of them. You can't seriously think this is anywhere near comparable

Like, I'm sorry, but Tim fans, please tell me in what Damian story Tim was made a despicable person, a person clearly in the wrong or so damn stupid its almost a crime just to make Damian look good.
    I doubt there is one.
    But stories where everyone else gets written badly just so Tim can be "the best"? There are tons of that.
    Oh yeah, of course Robin was just a thrill for Dick. It's not like he invented it and like it was about avenging the murder of his parents. Jason? Of course it was just a game to him and he was totally at fault for getting murdered by the Joker. Damian? What a dumb brat, trying to get away from the way he was raised and craving a relationship with his emotionally distant and generally lauded father.

Of course Tim is the best, the poor emotional crutch that probably would have been better off not becoming a hero at all considering how much he lost because of it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    There's a huge difference between a short story, where Damian outsmarts Tim in pretty much comedic way (and if that happened here in a similar way, I wouldn't be annoyed), and a story, where Damian is wriiten as bad as possible, so Tim can be elevated. Williamson has never done something like that.
    Once again, it's not about Zdarsky liking Tim, it's about the way he's showing it.