Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
While I haven't played most other FromSoft games, I'm only now playing through Bloodborne, I generally disagree with the idea that the boss design in Elden Ring is bad. The open world design just makes it so that you can run into just about any boss while your player character is any which level. You could easily be under-powered and forced to run or push yourself through an agonizing number of attempts until you just brute force your way through. You could also easily be over-leveled and able to destroy an endgame boss with a plethora of over-powered magics and weapon skill and summons. The imbalance is intentional and there since the players are imbalanced messes too.

It doesn't work for all players. But I don't think Elden Ring could've been such a mega hit if everybody hated the boss designs of the game. I for one just loved it from beginning to end. I got to a level I felt comfortable with before taking on Margit and while he went down easy the game pushed me around a lot of times. But I never felt like I couldn't find the answer. Either I persevered and won with just my weapons and magic, or I used one of my summons.

And while Malenia is hated by some she's also the most iconic boss of the game and one of the most popular ones as well.

Astel doesn't heal. And the quintuple grab is only one attack, though it is pretty devastating on the health if it connects. Oh well, well done on winning.
Wish I woulda taped the self healing. But I only recorded the game I won lol. But I guess the success of the dlc or lackthereof. Will be telling. Thanks.