Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I enjoyed it as well. Quirky and not stupid.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Now the real question; will Netflix actually keep the series going? They have a bad habit of canceling these kinds of series after 1 or 2 seasons.

From Neil Gaiman's Tumblr:

screenshot.jpg
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

I'm halfway through the season and Dead boy detectives reminded me of why i fell in love with the "episodic serial with an overarching plot" format that buffy and supernatural pioneered.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-03-2024 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm halfway through the season and Dead boy detectives reminded me of why i fell in love with the "episodic serial with an overarching plot" format that buffy and supernatural pioneered.
    ???

Pioneered?

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    ???

Pioneered?
    Those and Smallville were my intro to thst format.

Well, I'm not going to hear Owner of a Lonely Heart in the same way again.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    From Neil Gaiman's Tumblr:

screenshot.jpg
    I see that Netflix is finally promoting it but feels too late? Seemed like a dump job until the very last minute when it got great reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I see that Netflix is finally promoting it but feels too late? Seemed like a dump job until the very last minute when it got great reviews.
    I don't really know how Netflix promotes things to be honest. Sometimes I see a trailer on youtube, but most of the time I either know in advance there's gonna be an adaptation of something I already know, or learn about it via word-of-mouth, but that is usually too late for the very short window they count the viewership. (That goes for any shows these days basically.)
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    I don't really know how Netflix promotes things to be honest. Sometimes I see a trailer on youtube, but most of the time I either know in advance there's gonna be an adaptation of something I already know, or learn about it via word-of-mouth, but that is usually too late for the very short window they count the viewership. (That goes for any shows these days basically.)
    Maybe the last minute push is working after all. It had a soft debut as expected but has been holding onto near the top of Netflix's charts for weeks now

Hopefully Ed and Charles get a cameo on Sandman if Season 2 is out of the question