BANNED

Default Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super-Heroes.

So these hit the shelves today. I feel kinda bad for smacking all those kids outta the way to get to a Rocket Racoon figure, but it's about that time for them to learn it's a dog-eat-dog world out there!

Also grabbed Groot and Iron Fist. Wanted Thor, but he's part of the main starter kit. Ugh.

Anyone else looking into the figures? Not exactly poseable, but they look cool.

I think the game looks potentially fun. I'm still annoyed that there are only 2 female characters out of, what... 25? Yondu makes it in over Ms. Marvel, Wasp, She-Hulk, or Nebula? Really? Gimme a break.

I'll probably get the game when it's cheaper before the holidays. Probably not going to collect the figurines, though. $13 a pop? No way.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatman View Post
    I think the game looks potentially fun. I'm still annoyed that there are only 2 female characters out of, what... 25? Yondu makes it in over Ms. Marvel, Wasp, She-Hulk, or Nebula? Really? Gimme a break.

I'll probably get the game when it's cheaper before the holidays. Probably not going to collect the figurines, though. $13 a pop? No way.
    Don't you have to buy the figures to play a them, like in skylanders? My guess is they'll release more women but you'll have to buy them.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

15 a pop. Toys R Us has them on sale 3 for 33. So a little cheaper.

Looks fun, something my nephew would like. I'll probably get it when the price drops a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Don't you have to buy the figures to play a them, like in skylanders? My guess is they'll release more women but you'll have to buy them.
    Well, Black Widow comes with the main game, and Gamora with the GOTG set. Actually, I don't think you can get any female Marvel characters on their own... sad. Maleficent looks neat, though. At least Disney women get some love in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    15 a pop. Toys R Us has them on sale 3 for 33. So a little cheaper.
    They were $12.99 at Target, but maybe it's different per state? TRU is always more expensive for everything.

BANNED

Possible! I figured their sale still made the purchase worthwhile.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Did anyone get this game?
    I was looking into getting it, but it just looks like a more expensive version of the LEGO games with less character selection. What else can you do besides the story mode, timed races and free roam?

Bluebird

Actually.... Carol and Janet make NPC cameos in the Avengers playset, and you can unlock them for Toy Box mode once you complete their missions. Granted, they're not playable, but at least they're there.

On another note, given that his beloved car, Lola, is in the game, maybe it's time Coulson joined in on the Infinity fun.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    I just played with my niece and nephew last night at it makes it easier to swap out a hero when one dies by putting it on the base.

I'm loving the game so far, but I'm still kinda bummed about the lack of female characters as figurines. I would have preferred to see the White Tiger over the upcoming Green Goblin, since we already had Venom as a villain character for the Spider-Man playset. And I can't believe we missed out on Captain Marvel, but they're doing freaking Yondu to squeeze as much as the can from the Guardians franchise even though she's part of both that team and the Avengers in the comics.

Still, Falcon should be fun whenever he comes out. Seems like they're basing him in his Avengers Assemble look instead of the Winter Soldier movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Actually.... Carol and Janet make NPC cameos in the Avengers playset, and you can unlock them for Toy Box mode once you complete their missions. Granted, they're not playable, but at least they're there.

On another note, given that his beloved car, Lola, is in the game, maybe it's time Coulson joined in on the Infinity fun.
    I was thinking that Coulson needs a figure too. But he's not as visible a character as the costumed heroes so I don't know how well that would go over. Still, the Nick Fury figure is part of the Spider-Man set right? It'd be nice to put Coulson into the Avengers one.

Wife and I bought the game for our kids for Christmas, so we havent opened it up yet but I did a lot of research before buying the thing (the first version didnt get great reviews after all) and its nice to hear some good things.

Totally agree about the lack of female characters too. The fact that Captain Marvel, one of the company's biggest female names, didnt get a figure is shameful. The fact that she's an npc and will have a team-up disc at some point is nice (and better than a lot of characters got) but its still unforgivable. Where's the She-Hulk? Jean Gray? Emma Frost? Wasp?

For that matter, where are the X-Men at all? I dont care who owns the movie rights, Wolverine would sell figures man.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.