BANNED

Default Will Captain America and Tony Stark ever kill each other in battle and end the Marvel U too ?

In Civil War, Captain America had Tony Stark at his mercy and beaten, the only thing that stopped him was the public outcry over the destruction that their fighting has caused.

Now in New Avengers/Avengers, it's Captain America vs Tony.....again.... and once again they drag the rest of the Marvel Universe into the conflict. When all is said and done will they end up killing each other in such a similar way to T'challa's war with Namor ?

Will they truly end themselves in the process of battle and bring down the rest of the Marvel Universe with them in the process ?
    Last edited by Cmbmool; 09-29-2014 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Changing title...

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    In Civil War, Captain America had Tony Stark at his mercy and beaten, the only thing that stopped him was the public outcry over the destruction that their fighting has caused.

Now in New Avengers/Avengers, it's Captain America vs Tony.....again.... and once again they drag the rest of the Marvel Universe into the conflict. When all is said and done will they end up killing each other in such a similar way to T'challa's war with Namor ?

Will they truly end themselves in the process of battle and bring down the rest of the Marvel Universe with them in the process ?
    Nope. Except maybe in some alternate universe What If?

After all, the very crux of their argument this time is that Cap is NOT willing to kill in order to save the universe, so it would make no sense for him to kill Tony.

As for similarity to T'Challa and Namor... has it escaped your notice that both are still alive?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Nope. Except maybe in some alternate universe What If?

After all, the very crux of their argument this time is that Cap is NOT willing to kill in order to save the universe, so it would make no sense for him to kill Tony.

As for similarity to T'Challa and Namor... has it escaped your notice that both are still alive?
    For now, but when the final issue comes out and T'challa has Namor and the world at his mercy, then what ?

If so, i'm completely team Stark and back him and hope he wins...

I like Captain America a lot more than i once did after watching the Winter Soldier, but i don't buy into a lot what creators make of the character. i'd easily believe Stark, T'Challa, Strange, Reed or Banner [or any number of other characters] doing the same things if the creators wanted to put them into that role. Where, i couldn't see Captain America taking on roles that those characters also provide.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    For now, but when the final issue comes out and T'challa has Namor and the world at his mercy, then what ?
    Still no, because they have future plans for Namor. It's just not happening.

i think it's an extremely high possibility given what we know of time runs out.

With the new status quo, Stark will die of alcohol poisoning and Cap will die of old age before either kills the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    With the new status quo, Stark will die of alcohol poisoning and Cap will die of old age before either kills the other.
    The next New Avengers annual shows Steve on his deathbed getting Bucky to call Tony for him so he can try and make amends.

Cut to the Avengers Tower penthouse, where the phone rings out as an unbreathing Tony slumps at his desk, his face buried in a mountain of cocaine and vomit.

Dark as hell.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.