Page 499 of 510 FirstFirst ... 399449489495496497498499500501502503509 ... LastLast
Results 7,471 to 7,485 of 7648

Thread: DCU Movies

At least he's got Warhammer now.

I totally forgot Ostrander co-created Mr. Terrific.

Cool.

It's cool how Gunn and Ostrander seem tight .

I too forgot he co-created Michael Holt.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    The fact that his agent didnt get him a signed contract for a new SM film where the pay was at least guaranteed.... I can see why he fired HER.
    Dany Garcia, Cavill's former manager, is also Johnson's ex wife and co-owner of Johnson's production company. That's how they "tricked" Cavill to came back for Black Adam

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    Dany Garcia, Cavill's former manager, is also Johnson's ex wife and co-owner of Johnson's production company. That's how they "tricked" Cavill to came back for Black Adam
    That's what I thought and then got confused reading the article

THE FILM
    The Flash
    Warner Bros/DC Studios
    Net Loss: -$155M

Released well before the actors strike, it doesn’t help when your leading star is making lots of tabloid headlines, the person here being Ezra Miller. Miller was kept at bay in regards to promoting the DC movie, and the pic’s stars, which included Michael Keaton returning as Batman, were either available in limited doses or shied away from doing press (no one wanted to field questions about Miller). Still, props to the new Warner Bros administration of Michael De Luca and Pam Abdy, as well as DC bosses James Gunn and Peter Safran. Although they inherited this movie, they believed in it and propped it all they could as the ultimate DC time-warp movie with cameos from previous superheroes. They even previewed the film early for exhibitors at CinemaCon. Unfortunately, masses didn’t buy the Spider-Man: No Way Home-like stunt here.
    https://deadline.com/2024/05/biggest...es-1235902825/

Least it was *only* the second biggest box office flop thanks to The Marvels. Doubt we are getting another Flash movie any time soon. Maybe even never, I think he’ll be strictly a TV/animation character from now on.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

DC beat Marvel at the box office. Kind of .

Overall it was a terrible year for superhero movies.

The announcement of the DCU reboot, toxic actors ruining their own movies, the actors strike making it so they couldn’t promote or even mention their movies, and of course the post-Endgame superhero fatigue. Also, people now know that they can just wait a few weeks for the movies to hit streaming so if they aren’t totally sold they don’t have to pay movie theater prices. Just wait to watch the movie from the comfort of your home.

More unique superhero flicks are still going to make massive amounts of money. Deadpool/Wolverine and Joker 2 are gonna be huge.

I think maybe the bubble has burst with superheroes where studios think it's just a way to print money. Hopefully it'll lead to studios being more discerning about which ones they put out.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I think maybe the bubble has burst with superheroes where studios think it's just a way to print money. Hopefully it'll lead to studios being more discerning about which ones they put out.
    And to challenge themselves to be more creative with the stories they tell with these heroes.

Extraordinary Member

For 2023 both marvel and dc had bad year at the box office but overall i say dc had it worse.

Since the only superhero film to not flop in 2023 was a marvel film,gotg 3 then you could say marvel still beat dc at the box office.
    Antman 3 almost came close to not flopping,so that movie did not have a massive flopped.
    Plus ant-man 3 made it's money back after the box-office in the same year.

Marvel had 3 films in 2023.
    2 of them flopped, one did not.
    DC had 4 films and 4 flops.
    Last edited by mace11; 05-04-2024 at 01:35 PM.

hard to be sure with the fragments of info we have, but it looks like DC may have lost less money though.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    For 2023 both marvel and dc had bad year at the box office but overall i say dc had it worse.

Since the only superhero film to not flop in 2023 was a marvel film,gotg 3 then you could say marvel still beat dc at the box office.
    Antman 3 almost came close to not flopping,so that movie did not have a massive flopped.
    Plus ant-man 3 made it's money back after the box-office in the same year.

Marvel had 3 films in 2023.
    2 of them flopped, one did not.
    DC had 4 films and 4 flops.
    DC had already cut its losses though. People already knew Shazam didn't matter at the beginning of the year, most of these films had been delayed, sometimes by years, and these films didn't receive a large advertising budget (except Flash). None of these films mattered, which isn't the case for the MCU projects because they are still, ostensibly, pushing the story forward. Which...I don't know how you do when you just pushed out one of the biggest box office flops in history.

Also, if you add the Disney+ productions...Secret Invasion was obviously a major flop

EDIT: On Wikipedia's biggest box office bombs, The Marvels is #1 (#3 adjusted for inflation). Sorry MCU fans, you can't run away from this. As a DCEU fan I got told for over a decade Man of Steel, a film that made 600+ million was a flop or under performed and now a lot of you folks think the MCU can survive this. Not to mention 2025 is probably going to be a blood bath for MCU films with the Cap 4 reshoots and PG-13 Suicide Squad (Thunderbolts) and what is looking like a rush Fantastic Four film.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 05-04-2024 at 08:56 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    DC had already cut its losses though. People already knew Shazam didn't matter at the beginning of the year, most of these films had been delayed, sometimes by years, and these films didn't receive a large advertising budget (except Flash). None of these films mattered, which isn't the case for the MCU projects because they are still, ostensibly, pushing the story forward. Which...I don't know how you do when you just pushed out one of the biggest box office flops in history.

Also, if you add the Disney+ productions...Secret Invasion was obviously a major flop

EDIT: On Wikipedia's biggest box office bombs, The Marvels is #1 (#3 adjusted for inflation). Sorry MCU fans, you can't run away from this. As a DCEU fan I got told for over a decade Man of Steel, a film that made 600+ million was a flop or under performed and now a lot of you folks think the MCU can survive this. Not to mention 2025 is probably going to be a blood bath for MCU films with the Cap 4 reshoots and PG-13 Suicide Squad (Thunderbolts) and what is looking like a rush Fantastic Four film.
    The MCU has what? Over 20 films that made profit. Over 10 that hit billion? They can survive The Marvels flopping lol.

The Marvels flopped, yes. But let's not act like Superman, one of the biggest superheroes doing ok numbers is considered anything great.

The last time DCEU had a successful movie was in 2019...MCU can definitely afford a couple of flops, especially since their next movie is a guaranteed money-maker.