Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DCU Movies

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Incredible Member

My advice to the new DC STUDIOS team: one, vet your actors/producer/director better, both personally and politically. We don't want to have another Ezra Miller fiasco, and, if you want the Chinese market, make sure that your actors/producer/actors have ZERO to do with China and their politics (see: BLACK ADAM co-star Pierce Brosnan). And, two, go for small scale, and build upwards. Just because a character is popular with comic book fans, that doesn't necessarily translate to the general audience. I've seen too many instances of rave reviews not translating to box office receipts. You can use the streaming services to put lesser-known characters/concepts on the air as an alternative.

Other than that, good luck.

Go ahead and reboot the universe but at least let some of the actors stay like Gadot, Mamoa and Cavill.

I would be better to let Pattinson and Reeves do their own thing separately. I liked The Batman and want to see more of it.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 12-08-2022 at 05:27 AM.

Guess it time for Jenkins to start getting some bots and angry social media users to start spamming hashtag slogans.

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    make sure that your actors/producer/actors have ZERO to do with China and their politics (see: BLACK ADAM co-star Pierce Brosnan).
    Yes, please, let's all kiss Xi Jinping's Pooh-Bear ass as hard as possible. Screw that noise.

If anything, I can at least appreciate Gunn speaking publicly about the creative process. You don't often see the head of a movie slate respond to a trade report, even if the purpose was to ultimately do some damage control.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    Yes, please, let's all kiss Xi Jinping's Pooh-Bear ass as hard as possible. Screw that noise.
    Well, it's either placate the CCP's sensibilities, or simply scale back how films are done without the Chinese film market in mind.

The fact of the matter is that the BLACK ADAM film project may have made enough money to warrant a BLACK ADAM sequel, had it been released in China. We'll never know. What we DO know is that the film will fall $100M short, which means that there won't be a sequel. And, at the end of the day, box office receipts matters. I don't like it, but WB Studios need to adjust its approach in producing its films/streaming service. I want as many comic book IPs to be produced, but we also have to be realistic about it.

A person close to Seven Bucks noted to TheWrap that Garcia was a PGA-accredited producer with 14 years of experience producing movies. When pressed for movie credits that didn’t have to do with Johnson, the person cited 2019’s “Shazam!”
    AnAmazon MGM Studios spokesperson said, “Hiram Garcia, who conceived the original idea for this film, is an incredibly talented, diligent and responsive producer who brought a wealth of experience to our production.”
    Garcia “rarely ever knows the schedule on his own projects,” instead relying entirely on his assistant or other producers to keep track of filming schedules. A second insider added: “He should have picked up on how to keep track of a schedule and budget but I haven’t seen him take any interest in doing that.”
    Matters all came to a head in 2022 when Johnson and Dany Garcia met with Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav on not only inserting Superman back into “Black Adam,” but according to four insiders with knowledge of the meeting, positioning Seven Bucks to run DC and replace then-chief Walter Hamada.
    An individual close to Seven Bucks said the meeting was about “Black Adam” and an introduction to Zaslav who had just taken over the studio. This person denied that the meeting was aimed to pitch Hiram Garcia as a replacement for Hamada.
    Garcia wasn’t hired to run the unit, and Johnson and Seven Bucks were evicted from DC shortly after the hiring of James Gunn and Peter Safran to run the division. Additionally, former Superman actor Henry Cavill fired Dany Garcia as his manager as a result.
    https://www.thewrap.com/dwayne-johns...dget-problems/
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    What a cluster#%*^. I’m so happy The Rock and Garcia’s attempt to take over DC films failed.

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Black Adam did change the balance of power...just not in the way it was intended.

I do feel bad for Cavill though. Imagine finally getting another shot after like 5 years only for things to instantly fall apart due to circumstances outside your control.