Page 506 of 510 FirstFirst ... 6406456496502503504505506507508509510 LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,590 of 7648

Thread: DCU Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    So what is that space laser in the background? Brainiac? Solaris? The latter would fit with Gunn saying Morrison’s stuff was a big influence.

It seems to be Guy Gardner protecting himself from a blast. Could be Solaris or the rumored spoilers:
    Ultraman
    end of spoilers firing at him.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, but even that was more effective than Secret Invasion.
    I loved Peacemaker, but does anyone even really remember the names of any of those aliens or even the species without googling it? The invasion part was far from even the third or fourth most memorable thing about that show (and again, I absolutely loved it).
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I loved Peacemaker, but does anyone even really remember the names of any of those aliens or even the species without googling it? The invasion part was far from even the third or fourth most memorable thing about that show (and again, I absolutely loved it).
    I don't think they need to, just the execution was much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Can't lie about how good this version looks...
    Attachment 139369
    IwillNOTmemeIwillNOTmemeIwillNOTmemeIwillNOTmemeIw illNOTmemeIwillNOTmemeIwillNOTmemeIwillNOTmemeIwil lNOTmemeIwillNOTmemeIwillNOTmemeIwillNOTmemeIwillN OTmeme
    Last edited by Thirteen; 05-07-2024 at 03:33 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Can't lie about how good this version looks...
    Attachment 139369
    Not a fan of the trunks, but it does look miles better.
    The collar needs to go, and so do all the unnecessary lines inspired by Jim Lee's design.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    The point is that it did the general "aliens disguised as us" plot better. Don't overthink it, its just another quality among its several that were very well done and another among the many reasons of its superiority over SI.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Not a fan of the trunks, but it does look miles better.
    The collar needs to go, and so do all the unnecessary lines inspired by Jim Lee's design.
    I feel like that's another hallmark of having a similar designer who did MCU costumes.

The LANTERNS Max series from Saffran/Gunnverse, "...a True Detective-type mystery with our two Lanterns. A terrestrial-based mystery." sounds like a solid pitch using Jordan and Stewart over the fumbled concept of the multi- Lantern story using extended members of the Corp: Alan Scott, Guy Gardner, Simon Baz, Jessica Cruz, Kilowog, and Sinestro.
    However I will miss the chance to see a Finn Witrock portrayed Guy Gardner in the latter rather than regular Gunn player Nathan Fillion take on the role. Sounds like Witrock had some love for the role as he did his research. Seems like a better contemporary of Cornswet/Pattinson as well...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    The point is that it did the general "aliens disguised as us" plot better. Don't overthink it, its just another quality among its several that were very well done and another among the many reasons of its superiority over SI.
    If I were to overthink it, I'd have bothered to remember anything about those pretty forgettable aliens lol
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Some Superman creators were invited for a set visit.

Dan Jurgens, Frank Quitely, Scott Snyder, Jerry Ordway, Jason Aaron, Jim Lee, John Ostrander and more were there.

Dan Jurgens, Frank Quitely, Scott Snyder, Jerry Ordway, Jason Aaron, Jim Lee, John Ostrander and more were there.
    found the caption with the identities of the creators pictured...No John Byrne and I haven't seen Grant Morrison in forever.

It occurred to me that the battle dingy supersuit and the nonchalant tone of Superman getting dressed for battle is reminding me of SUPERMAN III oddness...
    Last edited by Thirteen; 05-09-2024 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    found the caption with the identities of the creators pictured...No John Byrne and I haven't seen Grant Morrison in forever.
    Isn't John Byrne kinda sus?
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

That’s awesome! I love Gunn showing respect to the comic creators and actually promoting the comic books themselves. Not something you see the vast majority of directors do.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Isn't John Byrne kinda sus?
    "Sus" of/for what?
    Cranky old creator? Guilty.
    If he's become a criminal, I missed it.

I have no idea about sus, but given his general attitude towards adaptations making changes from the source material and his reputation for being kind of an asshole, I can see why he either wouldn’t be invited or wouldn’t accept if he were.